Star Wars: In The Pits OOC

By Richardbuxton, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

Alright. So, my two characters are complete for review. First my Selonian:

http://swsheets.com/c/n2sukdyi6-lutrina

Then my Healer/Harmer

http://swsheets.com/c/fu2wffsu2-test

his fluff isn't finished yet. Lightsaber is a family heirloom that has been passed down for generations. He can't use it yet, but I plan to eventually bridge into Niman.

Both characters look really cool. I love the Selonian species in general so I'm biased, she is one nasty brawler for sure. But Heal and Harm are great powers with that character how do you imagine them acting in the Pit? Do you have a way to conceal the use of the Harm/Heal power? Is the Lightsaber used in Pit Fights? See below for my possible solution.

With the complexity involved in having Force Users being hunted by the Empire I am seriously considering changing the time period this game is set within. I feel a few of you want to play Force Users and I don't want to stifle the fun of that purely on the grounds of keeping within the established Star Wars Cannon.

So either this becomes an Alternate Universe where The Jedi Order (perhaps Luke died with his father on the second Death Star) is gone and the Galactic Government isn't hunting Force Users or we simply shift the time. Does anyone have any opinions or suggestions on this?

I am fine either way, regarding both the choice of Revanchist's character, as well as the setting. I was not going to go for the more obvious Force Powers (apart from Leap, which I was going to buy rocket boots or jetpack for, in order to have a plausible explanation in case I get caught (not sure if Leap would even be useful at that point)), so visibility is not really an issue for me.

However, I would like to highlight a problem with the Healer/Harmer. Heal is a very potent ability that would solve one of the major issues I see with our group, which is recovering from Critical Injuries. (Actually, can we buy a Special License for our business, assuming we choose the School, to have access to a bacta tank?) However, my character is a Dark Side Force user, and I am planning to have them be exploitative of whomever we come across, and be generally evil by my standards. That would likely bring them in conflict with the Healer (as far as I recall, one is required to be a Light Side Force user to use Heal, if not, my point is null). Could provide a fun dynamic of both characters trying to sway Bull to their side, assuming you are going to go for a suitable set of character traits, but the problem is the intraparty conflict. I am okay with that (less so with the possibility of PvP combat), but some are probably not.

For time period, as long as it would make sense that I can be a Dathomirian Zabrak cause I want to be Orange not some regular old Skin Color.

Going by what Reven said I think they want Harm more than Heal and Healing is just a handy side benefit. So being a middle of the road Morality is less likely to cause differences of opinion, if the character falls then all the better! Although as you said it limits the healing of the party... until someone dies!!!!

The healer could go either way. If I go Harm I can heal an ally for the amount of damage I do when I purchase one of the Control Upgrades, but they suffer 1 Conflict. I plan on staying in limbo as long as possible so I can use both, but we'll see what happens. His basic backstory is that he feels the Arkanian genetics program has led to them losing something vitally important, so he has gone to a place where the "least refined" species show off their most animalistic traits to try to rediscover what this is. He will not be using the Lightsaber unless absolutely necessary at this point in time. He'll be in a less combative role to start, and considering most people think of Arkanians as mad scientists his ability to Heal/Harm can be chalked up to all kinds of crazy theories (secret cybernetic neural enhancements for example).

@Richardbuxton I would need to roll a modification mechanics check to attach the mod to the staff right?

Oh and would Zero like the Black Sun? I'm looking for someone or some group to betray Bull.

Zero and the Black Sun probably have dealings, but also animosity. It would depend on who you asked in each group. Both are out to make money any way they can and would ignore grievances if profit was on the line.

Oh and for Attachments you simply "attach" the thing to the weapon with no check required to receive the basic benefits. Checks only come into the mix when you want to apply "Mods" to the attachment.

So he'd help if it was some lower level officer that backstabbed me but not Prince Xizor that's what I'm understanding correct?

Ok so my staff plus the attachment. What's the price on the attachment I was never given that. All I have so far is 350 for a staff to accompany Bull's bat.

250cr for the weighted head.

This project has stopped getting regular updates, but up until Savage Spirits it lists the basics of all available purchasable things in the game. It's missing a lot of detail that comes from the long descriptions.

forgot the link!

http://swrpg.viluppo.net/

Edited by Richardbuxton

Ok I'll look into some armor besides the wieghted clothing he's got, would be an issue with Bull walking around in armor outside the arena?

2 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Ok I'll look into some armor besides the wieghted clothing he's got, would be an issue with Bull walking around in armor outside the arena?

Most Armour is perfectly fine. But heavy combat armour could be frowned upon in some circumstances. Also certain Armour Attachments (I'm looking at you "Armour spikes") would also cause offence.

I can't afford the heaviest of armors so I guess I'll be fine.

How am I supposed to be a heel with armor spikes?

I should be able to finish making my character tomorrow.

Good, I'm ready.

(Also, I'm doing this so I get email notifications

9 minutes ago, Matt Skywalker said:

Good, I'm ready.

(Also, I'm doing this so I get email notifications

Wait, do you mean that your character is done? I just see a lot of missing things. At the very least, you have not listed any equipment bought.

I just put it in the attacks. Armour maybe I missed it

7 minutes ago, Matt Skywalker said:

I just put it in the attacks. Armour maybe I missed it

You definitely missed the armour. Also, are you sure that you don't want to have any stimpacks?

Sure I'm sure, I fixed it. You see the armour

You should update your Soak and Defense, then, as you have S7 D1, not S6 D2, unless I am missing something.

You also should update your talents. Your current selection is impossible, as you have to take either Heroic Fortitude, or Blooded for Improved AM.

Also, do you donate money for our business and/or upgrading the landspeeder?

Edited by Arctanaar
4 minutes ago, Arctanaar said:

You should update your Soak and Defense, then, as you have S7 D1, not S6 D2, unless I am missing something.

You also should update your talents. Your current selection is impossible, as you have to take either Heroic Fortitude, or Blooded for Improved AM.

Also, do you donate money for our business and/or upgrading the landspeeder?

I already donated 1000 credits(need to update it). Thank you for the notice, I must have missed heroic fortitude

2 minutes ago, Matt Skywalker said:

I already donated 1000 credits(need to update it). Thank you for the notice, I must have missed heroic fortitude

I apologise if I sounded rude and/or offensive.

However, I am confused, what did you choose as your starting bonus? With your current purchases and donations your balance is 9500 (Knight credits + base 500) - 7500 (eye implants) - 750 (vibro-ax) - 250 (vibroknife) - 500 (padded armor) - 1000 (donation) = -500. You can do that if you raise your Obligation, and that also allows you to buy something else (I suggest some stimpacks and a comlink).

Brought my obligation up. Buying comlink now

Edited by Matt Skywalker
Typo