Discord SWRPG Assistant Bot. (dice roller, destiny pool, character tracker, Initiative tracker)

By SkyJedi, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

new destiny tokens courtesy of Alu from Discord!

Hey there, thanks for all the hard work. I'm currently enjoying building a discord server for my group.

Quick question: Is there a way to make a character list global for all channels within the same category? Would be nice to have.

Sorry if this is mentioned somewhere and I've just overlooked it.

2 hours ago, RicoD said:

Hey there, thanks for all the hard work. I'm currently enjoying building a discord server for my group.

Quick question: Is there a way to make a character list global for all channels within the same category? Would be nice to have.

Sorry if this is mentioned somewhere and I've just overlooked it.

all of the variables are channel specific and cannot be changed at this time. Server vs channel was considered early on and I made the decision that channel would cause the least confusion for the general user base

I went through and cleaned out a bunch of code for D1, I might have broke some stuff, but hopefully this might fix the constant bot dying lately.

Strain +1 now incaps

redid init sorting, hopefully its better now

Wow, awesome work! How hard would it be to modify this bot to work with WFRP 3E? There's a new public WFRP server and there's already been some discussion about how best to tackle it. I'd be happy to do the programming with a little help, too.

uaomRxBcIHEAGIAEQAInAzIRAxAxzHIQgyh1p5PL

you can now remove init slots with !init remove X

coming soon AfZjauXzDsvhAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png

• !prefix: changes the prefix for the server

duty added to !char

!Char Duty/D CharacterName +X/-X DutyName: adds/removes duty for characterName

!Duty: gathers all the duty entered with !Char and rolls to trigger

Edited by SkyJedi

d1_c3.gif

Animated rolls!

I'd really like it if you changed the proficiency die letter to be 'p' rather than 'y', it really throws me off all the time.

3 hours ago, BenteTheArchitect said:

I'd really like it if you changed the proficiency die letter to be 'p' rather than 'y', it really throws me off all the time.

P is purple, this was decided long ago. You can host your own varient and change the identifiers if that is unsatisfactory.

3 hours ago, BenteTheArchitect said:

Join the swrpg server and use our other member built dice bot which is coded like you want.

D1-C3 now can track character inventory

Screenshot_2018_09_19_at_3_05_15_PM.png

Hello Skyjedi! thanks for this awesome tool. Have you considered to add an encumbrance counter for characters, that help you to remind if you have setbacks? Not that is necessary, but I think it could be a nice addition to this system.

I try this tool the past weekend and is awesome. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Rithuan said:

Hello Skyjedi! thanks for this awesome tool. Have you considered to add an encumbrance counter for characters, that help you to remind if you have setbacks? Not that is necessary, but I think it could be a nice addition to this system.

I try this tool the past weekend and is awesome. Thank you!

Thanks for the nice words!

thought about it, but that really goes into character sheet zone. and then every item would have two commands every time you pick something up or drop/use it. also as the book says, don't worry about encumbrance so much.

Edited by SkyJedi

You could have just saved my campaign...

I'll try it asap

ps: did you know also how to track everything inside the game? ie some game managing system like roll20, with sheet and likes? (of course i don't need the dice roller 'cause there are this discord chatbot :D )

Really awesome tool. I like it more than the one on roll20.

Awesome great job !

We used to play with the simple !roll for a year but I spent a day discovering the rest of the features :

destiny, obligations, duty, ...

Good job SkyJedi !

Here are some features I can bring after my tests :

the !reroll function is great but I didn't found how to "swap" a dice :

eg :

GM : " Ok Willem Dafoe : make a roll with two purples and a black"
W : "!r ggy ppb"
GM : "for god sake's Will ! black is K not B !"
W : "no problem !"
W : "!rr swap -b+k"

Another suggestion :

!crit+20
rolled a d100: 86 + 20 for at total of 106
Crit 106: purplex3 Horrific Injury. Randomly roll 1d100 to determine one of the target's characteristics—1-30 for Brawn, 31-60 for Agility, 61-70 for Intellect, 71-80 for Cunning, 81-90 for Presence, 91-100 for Willpower. Until this Critical Injury is healed, treat that characteristic as one point lower.

D1-C3 could roll the 1d100 for us. Courtesy of the GM to bypass or ignore it...

Again, great job and thank you !

Edited by ercete
2 hours ago, ercete said:

Awesome great job !

We used to play with the simple !roll for a year but I spent a day discovering the rest of the features :

destiny, obligations, duty, ...

Good job SkyJedi !

Here are some features I can bring after my tests :

the !reroll function is great but I didn't found how to "swap" a dice :

eg :

Another suggestion :

D1-C3 could roll the 1d100 for us. Courtesy of the GM to bypass or ignore it...

Again, great job and thank you !

!rr remove b

!rr add k

!poly 1d100

Any new updates to the web dice roller at dice.skyjedi.com? That's the one my group uses.

13 hours ago, SkyJedi said:

!rr remove b

!rr add k 

!poly 1d100

OK.

Thnak you, again !

19 hours ago, DaverWattra said:

Any new updates to the web dice roller at dice.skyjedi.com? That's the one my group uses.

At some point, (after I add a couple more things to the emporium and hopefully before SotB) I plan on a total recode of the webrollers, combining swrpg and genesys and hopefully adding l5r and relaunching it with a new URL