Discord SWRPG Assistant Bot. (dice roller, destiny pool, character tracker, Initiative tracker)

By SkyJedi, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

1 hour ago, ThrivenLikeDriven said:

I only have 36 custom emoji slots left on my server. Is there any workaround to this without creating a new server?

BTW, this is awesome!

Any emoji that isn't present will just say "emoji not present"

I guess you could skip a bunch of die side emoji and just have the results emoji

Also request discord to up the emoji limit

Sorry, D1 was down intermittently for about an hour tonight. I foolishly updated my server then had to do battle with my process monitor.

Everything should be back up and running smoothly.

Sorry again!

- fixed a help file break
- changed admin command to !stats
- fixed the wound/strain incap to OVER threshold.
- moved version number to JUST package.json

- !Char Crit CharacterName +X/-X: adds/removes critical injuries for characterName

-added !char crit
-reformated crit module to allow use of crit table elsewhere

This looks nice. I was looking at hosting my own copy. I'm wondering, why did you fork from the other project (Astrydax/ SWEotE-Discord-Dice-Roller) ?

Edit: or am I misreading the history? I'm not an expert on github by any means. Just wondering which is the best project to use...

Edited by Hunting Phoenix
clarify question
1 hour ago, Hunting Phoenix said:

This looks nice. I was looking at hosting my own copy. I'm wondering, why did you fork from the other project (Astrydax/ SWEotE-Discord-Dice-Roller) ?

Edit: or am I misreading the history? I'm not an expert on github by any means. Just wondering which is the best project to use...

I forked it from Astrydax way back when it was a text base dice roller only bot. I added the all the other feature. My version has all the feature in this thread

-added !poly
Screen_Shot_2017_08_04_at_2_16_04_PM.png

-added Crit lookup command ie !crit ?12

-added !species/!gleepglop

On 8/1/2017 at 4:47 PM, Hunting Phoenix said:

Forking is how Git/Github work for other developers to work on code together (at least in the public repos). Upon completion of a feature or other fixes/changes, a pull request can be submitted back to the original person, but unless they accept the changes in, nothing goes back to the original repo.

5 hours ago, Kallabecca said:

Forking is how Git/Github work for other developers to work on code together (at least in the public repos). Upon completion of a feature or other fixes/changes, a pull request can be submitted back to the original person, but unless they accept the changes in, nothing goes back to the original repo.

Yeah it's purely so I could mess with the code and not break his copy. Astrydax and I have even working together and I've sent back all the code I've added to his repo. At some point I was making changes faster than he could review it so I started using my repo instead of his.

On 08/10/2017 at 2:53 AM, Kallabecca said:

That's cool. As I said, I am no git expert. To me that's a branch, not a fork.

Once my work projects settle, I might try to contribute too.

2 hours ago, Hunting Phoenix said:

That's cool. As I said, I am no git expert. To me that's a branch, not a fork.

Once my work projects settle, I might try to contribute too.

Oooooo unpaid help!

I'm not good at git lingo, I hit a button splash a bunch of messy code on the copy. Can I eat with the fork?

-@D1-C3 no longer requires users to upload emoji

-!swrpg and !genesys switch

-use external emoji check
-botstats now needs 'daily' 'weekly' 'monthly' 'alltime'
-added !char modify

Is there somewhere to find a list of all the commands, and how to use them, in one place or file? I know there is the list at the beginning, but is there something more in depth, like how to set the Destiny Pool etc. Sorry if this is posted somewhere already. Thanks.

Edited by MGChrist
8 hours ago, MGChrist said:

Is there somewhere to find a list of all the commands, and how to use them, in one place or file? I know there is the list at the beginning, but is there something more in depth, like how to set the Destiny Pool etc. Sorry if this is posted somewhere already. Thanks.

https://github.com/SkyJedi/SWEotE-Discord-Dice-Roller/blob/master/README.md

or !help in channel

16 hours ago, MGChrist said:

You can also hop in the D1 discord server and ping me, it's a lot easier to explain with the bot present.

Link in OP

-can now use emoji in DM channel with D1
-Removed all fix commands
-moved storage to firebase

All you selfhosters this update makes updating much easier. Just run UPDATE.bat and it will automatically backup config.js and update the bot. You do need to to setup config.js. It should just be copy/paste fron config.json and firebaseconfig.js. You should only need to do this one time

-moved all config data to config.js
-setup one click update
-added a node_modules check to start.bat/command

-moved server ID for emoji to config.json

-roll rewrite
-added !rr fortune
-lots more

NOTE TO SELF HOSTERS: Emoji names have changed you'll need to reupload.

Unmatched Fortune is now include! use the following commands.

! Reroll Fortune Show DiceColor / DicePosition : shows adjacent sides for the specified die

ie ! Reroll Fortune Show Y1 P2 (shows the adjacent side for the 1 st yellow and 2 purple dicefaces)

! Reroll Fortune Swap DiceColor / DicePosition AdjacentFace ( From ! Reroll Fortune Show Command ): swaps the current face for an adjacent one

ie ! Reroll Fortune Swap 2 Y 3 : swaps the current die face on the 2 nd yellow with option 3 of the adjacent sides

if you have any questions I can answer them. Post here or in the D1 discord server

switched RNG system for increased entropy

Fantastic bot!

Any chance you'd be willing to add the specialized dice for Imperial Assault?

I'd be willing to get you the dice image, formatted like your current dice images...

35 minutes ago, Tocath said:

Fantastic bot!

Any chance you'd be willing to add the specialized dice for Imperial Assault?

I'd be willing to get you the dice image, formatted like your current dice images...

I'd need the book first and some dice, but sure I could get started on that at somepoint

-rewrote how variables are called and stored

-botstats disabled for now

NEW HOSTING!