Cities in Ruin expansion announced!!

By KBlumhardt, in General Discussion

Oops, yes sorry for that Eldritch Tokens are called Mythos Tokens in the German version, I had some expasions in English but haven't used them since I purchased the German versions so I forgot the Englisch EH nomenclature.

no worries danke for the heads up!

Like another poster said, with the AO in this expansion requiring Eldritch Tokens on spaces and the AO sheet, it makes sense that we'd need more Eldritch Tokens in the stockpile. I think we have more health/sanity tokens and little plastic bases than we can shake a stick at!

13 hours ago, Runko said:

I was excited when I saw the article went up yesterday, and then bummed when I saw that all the previews were for cards I didn't want spoiled until I actually played.

Oh well... we're likely only a month from release, so that's enough for me.

Kinda wish it told us a bit more about the other investigators we know nothing about. I thought Bob would be Mr. Services, but Roland was, so I'm curious what he does (given that he sounds like a guy with high Influence)

21 hours ago, Matt620 said:

Kinda wish it told us a bit more about the other investigators we know nothing about. I thought Bob would be Mr. Services, but Roland was, so I'm curious what he does (given that he sounds like a guy with high Influence)

Yeah. Maybe as a salesman he can trade assets between players wherever they are in the world, as his action.

15 minutes ago, Krysmo said:

Yeah. Maybe as a salesman he can trade assets between players wherever they are in the world, as his action.

Charlie already gets an action similar to that. And since Jenny gets a special ability in regards to Debts, I didn't think it would be that either. Unless he can roll an extra die on deals, which can make Dark Pacts/Agreements less painful.

i'm gonna assume he gets items for 1 less cost to a minimum of 1 or extra dice on deals/agreements..

something like that would make the most sense. Bob was fun to play in Arkham.

On 5/30/2017 at 2:16 PM, iGniGhted said:

i'm gonna assume he gets items for 1 less cost to a minimum of 1 or extra dice on deals/agreements..

something like that would make the most sense. Bob was fun to play in Arkham.

For me, it's all about Mansions. I like that, in the bio on the back of the cards, he's all "Yeah, I'm doing this for the money. Nobility costs extra."

It was nice and frank for me.

On 5/10/2017 at 6:17 PM, GBI said:

Oops, yes sorry for that Eldritch Tokens are called Mythos Tokens in the German version, I had some expasions in English but haven't used them since I purchased the German versions so I forgot the Englisch EH nomenclature.

Yeah,They are "Arcane Tokens" in spanish.

Im really intrigued for Bob,hope he comes with his Briefcase xD.

If they are to release it in Q2 as I will recall they have stated, they don't have much time left...?

yeah weird to announce it so early then we wait a long time for delivery.

wonder if they're winding down the line?

50 minutes ago, Krysmo said:

yeah weird to announce it so early then we wait a long time for delivery.

wonder if they're winding down the line?

Not unusual at all. On the boat is approximately 6 weeks with shipping another 2 or so weeks. It's been on the boat now 6 and half weeks. We will likely be getting an announcement in the next few days.

Well, it'll be out on 7/6. In just enough time to miss Q2

18 hours ago, Matt620 said:

Well, it'll be out on 7/6. In just enough time to miss Q2

It's a week later than I was hoping, but I'll take it. I can't wait!

Called my local games shop this morning and he seemed pretty sure it'll be here (in the UK) next Thursday. Perfect for me as it's a day off work. As above, can't wait.

Who are the investigators? I saw Rita in the new preview.

1 hour ago, Lorinor said:

That was already revealed in the first preview: Bob Jenkins , Rita Young , Roland Banks , and “Ashcan” Pete .

“Ashcan” Pete: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/2/17/cities-in-ruin/

Roland: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/5/8/disaster-strikes-and-the-world-burns/

Bob Jenkins is the one we still know nothing about.

It's going to be a few days before my copy arrives in the mail. Anyone who went out and bought a copy right away able to post details on Bob Jenkins? Please?

Matt620 has updated the wiki: new investigators and their starting items and abilities, mysteries etc

Edited by Arkhamzombi

According to the wiki:

Action: You may trade any number of Item or Trinket possessions with another investigator on any space.

When you perform an Acquire Assets action , reduce the value of each card in the reserve by 1 to a minimum of 1.

Starts with a clue and a new weapon.

H:7 S:5

2/4/2/3/2

An offensive Charly kane? Rambo Busynessman?All rounder?

Bob Jenkins looks pretty **** solid.

Hey, yeah, I'm updating the wiki now. You got any questions you wanna ask, go ahead. I'll help as best I can

I'd describe Bob as a definite all-rounder, although support is his primary duty. Being able to reduce the value of Assets is one of those abilities that's almost always useful, since Assets are almost always useful.

BTW, the Winchester Rifle (Bob's gun) is a +4 to Combat only once a turn. Only costs 2. Roland's gun (Mauser) is also value 2, +2 to combat and 1 reroll

Edited by Matt620

All right, got all of the small cards and most of the large ones on the wiki.

Some interesting tasks from what I can see.

My group is meeting next weekend to break in this bad boy, but from what I can see, Shudde M'ell is a punisher. His reckoning hits a lot and disasters can cripple. I'm thinking Instill Bravery and Flesh Ward are going to be the way to go for this.