Cities in Ruin expansion announced!!

By KBlumhardt, in General Discussion

Cities in Ruin

Seems like a quick turnaround... but I'm not complaining!

There's a TON of info for this being an announcement post, too! The new Ancient One looks pretty tough, and Ashcan looks like a really great character.

Unsurprisingly, this will also round out the original 48 Investigators (we finally get Rita... whoohoo!!!).

Edited by KBlumhardt

Holy! ....

he looks like he's incredibly difficult. i love it!

edit: i guess we're getting Ashcan Pete, Bob Jenkins, Roland Banks, and Rita Young.

Edited by iGniGhted
25 minutes ago, iGniGhted said:

Holy! ....

he looks like he's incredibly difficult. i love it!

edit: i guess we're getting Ashcan Pete, Bob Jenkins, Roland Banks, and Rita Young.

Yep... like I said, they're rounding out the original 48. That leaves only the new ones introduced in MoM2E.

Now that's a welcome surprise!! Would've not guessed this one. ;)

Looks difficult indeed, but I like it (I think^^).

Yes , Rita, finally. :wub: Hope she's as cool as always.

Wonder if the Disaster Deck can only be used with Shudde M'ell though. (Funny that Rome is ´first to fall. "Faith?! - Did you really think your childish idols and saints would save you? It seems your madness has already grown worse than I thought." )

Edited by Lorinor

I am sure there will be a prelude card or two that will allow you to use the disaster deck when playing against other AOs. Those things look brutal.

I am just happy that the original AH family is now complete. Looking forward to seeing what the stats are for the other 3.

Now the question is, what will the next big box expansion contain (if that happens)?

1 hour ago, Otakuon said:

I am sure there will be a prelude card or two that will allow you to use the disaster deck when playing against other AOs. Those things look brutal.

I am just happy that the original AH family is now complete. Looking forward to seeing what the stats are for the other 3.

Now the question is, what will the next big box expansion contain (if that happens)?

I'm hoping that by then, we'll have 4 more new investigators added through MoM2E. I'd like to see them continue to use MoM to introduce any new characters, as we play with the Investigator minis, and I don't want 4 characters without minis!

It is an interesting question whether they are planning on introducing more characters. This might have been covered in some other Arkham game related forum but the investigators of Arkham book has those 52 gators that exist now - It will be interesting whether this is the "definitive" guide for some time to come and there won't be anything else or if they are rolling out more despite just having printed a book with "all" investigators

This announcement has made my day. And what's more it looks awesome . And what's even more is that when I toyed with campaign ideas a while back I wanted to have cities being destroyed as a consequence of AO victories, which would carry over into the next game. So I love that they've got this new scale of destruction, because it's a muscle that I feel EH can still flex given the global scale of the game.

As others have said it'll hopefully be a playable deck with other AOs. A Prelude would be fine but I'm kinda hoping devastation events can happen through certain encounter cards (a few Otherworld encounters that tell of a gate-closing gone wrong, unleashing terrible energies and so forth) and Mythos cards, of course. Seems unlikely as it would be adding a permanent deck to the table, but however it's implemented it should be great and I can't wait.

I'm loving how this game is evolving.

yeah looks like a great expansion, and a lot of news in this announcement. Happy as others are that the last 4 original investigators are here. Makes me curious for any other future expansions of course!

Q2 seems pretty early for a small box, isn't it?

11 hours ago, subtrendy said:

Q2 seems pretty early for a small box, isn't it?

Guessing it'll be very late Q2... or else, yeah, it'll be super early.

13 hours ago, KBlumhardt said:

Guessing it'll be very late Q2... or else, yeah, it'll be super early.

Huh, yeah, I see Carcosa came out early June last year. I always thought the small boxes were August releases, for some reason.

Either I got Lost in Time and Space and it has already been released, or they have a bug in their system.

It's being listed as "Awaiting Reprint".

39 minutes ago, Runko said:

Either I got Lost in Time and Space and it has already been released, or they have a bug in their system.

That's got to be a new record... an expansion selling out and being reprinted a few months before it's even released?!? Wow! :lol:

39 minutes ago, Runko said:

That's got to be a new record... an expansion selling out and being reprinted a few months before it's even released?!? Wow! :lol:

If the past is to be believed, the small boxes are released two months after they are announced (Seriously, take a look at the News. It's almost to the day for the small boxes).

If that's true, we'll see it Apr 17. Considering it's the one with disasters, maybe that's why they release it at tax time. :lol:

Always loved Bob as a character, and Roland always seemed to be on the back burner for characters, so I want to see him again.

Now upgraded to "At the printer", though it does also note "reprint".

Must be a lot of cultists out there pre-ordering, trying to get their hands on that disaster deck...

On 18/02/2017 at 0:27 AM, ParinorB said:

It is an interesting question whether they are planning on introducing more characters. This might have been covered in some other Arkham game related forum but the investigators of Arkham book has those 52 gators that exist now - It will be interesting whether this is the "definitive" guide for some time to come and there won't be anything else or if they are rolling out more despite just having printed a book with "all" investigators

The next deluxe box for the arkham horror LCG was leaked, it includes a new character. So the 52 characters in the book will not limit development.

I'm starting to worry a little about this...

It's been over 2 months of silence now with no new details, and the expansion still is showing incorrectly as a reprint on the "Upcoming" page (I would expect it to show as a new product "In Development"). Hopefully this expansion doesn't just become a forgotten promise... I want my Rita and Pete!!!

Edited by KBlumhardt

I am not worried, just impatient. 1st world torture tactics :D

10 hours ago, KBlumhardt said:

I'm starting to worry a little about this...

It's been over 2 months of silence now with no new details

As of today 54 days have passed since the announcement.
The longest period of waiting was for Under the Pyramids. In that instance 74 days have passed between the announcement and the first preview article.

10 hours ago, KBlumhardt said:

Hopefully this expansion doesn't just become a forgotten promise...

Did it ever happened that FFG would resign of an expansion that has already been announced?

Maybe it`s become detained and then lost in time and space.

5 hours ago, tsuma534 said:

As of today 54 days have passed since the announcement.
The longest period of waiting was for Under the Pyramids. In that instance 74 days have passed between the announcement and the first preview article.

Did it ever happened that FFG would resign of an expansion that has already been announced?

Not that I can recall. I know it's extremely unlikely... I'm just getting crazy impatient.

48 minutes ago, KBlumhardt said:

I'm just getting crazy impatient.

lqv2x36.png

Hah! Thanks tsuma... That made my day. :lol: