Community Rules Reference Guide (CRRG)

By Sadgit, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

This info is already present in the CRRG: Valor and elixir tokens and Valorous Strike have their own entries. which include this info. All these tokens are kept between encounters and discarded between quests. I assume for tokens on Protective Tonic it is the same, but I have not seen an uFAQ on it.

Edited by Sadgit

Right, I've overlooked it (document is a bit long to keep it in mind :) ). I've asked the same question here in FFG community and tried to send the question to support as well (waiting for answer).

Zaltyre has shared the same oppinion regarding this.

I am in the process of updating the CRRG with Trials of Frostgate content. I have played the Trial of the Bear but not the other ones. Is there anything specific to those trials that I need to add?

Furthermore, does anybody know what "corners" are? See these setup instructions:

7gayC7g.jpg

sqYeAyV.jpg

Found some tiny issues on Page 79

The Chains that Rust has 8 Soulbinder 8 cards (7 + the summon card).
Manor of Ravens has 3 Reward cards instead of 1.

More details in the attached excel (found at BGG forum).

D2e Expansion Info.xlsx

Edited by kbalazsa

Thx, will be corrected in v.1.8.

I added an (U? O?) FAQ based on the preview of the Hero Thaiden Mistpeak regarding when his heroic ability is allowed.
https://wiki.descent-community.org/Thaiden_Mistpeak

Edited by Psymia

Release Notes
CRRG Version 1.8. (09/10/2017)

• modified preface to include Trials of Frostgate content
  • modified entry Experience points to include Trials of Frostgate content
  • added entry Acts and corresponding cross-references
  • added uFAQ to entry Laughin Buldar (CK)
  • added uFAQ and modified entry Dual Strike
  • modified entry Movement/Movement points
  • modified entry Kobolds
  • added entry Small Beginnings
  • added entry Spawner
  • modified the figure on Plague Cloud in appendix 3.4
  • modified entry Astarra
  • modified entry Window Tarha
  • modified entry Oath of Honor
  • modified RtL box in entry Steps of Combat concerning attacks on multiple monsters
  • added uFAQ to entry Thaiden Mistspeak
  • added errata to Ignoble Sacrifice (GER only)
  • corrected TOC
  • corrected layout and some typos
On 10/2/2017 at 2:50 AM, Sadgit said:

I am in the process of updating the CRRG with Trials of Frostgate content. I have played the Trial of the Bear but not the other ones. Is there anything specific to those trials that I need to add?

Furthermore, does anybody know what "corners" are? See these setup instructions:

7gayC7g.jpg

sqYeAyV.jpg

I'm pretty sure corners refer to pieces 77 or 78. I can't tell from the posted screenshot, are you able to see if there are any 77 or 78's in the layout?

Release Notes

CRRG Version 1.9. (02/01/2018)

added uFAQ to Overgrowth
added uFAQ to entry Shadow Soul
corrected entry Spawner
corrected entry Exploit (Stalker)
corrected entry Blast
added uFAQ to entry Andira Runehand
added uFAQ for Shadowfall Mountain (Heirs of Blood)
added uFAQ to The Desecrated Tomb/Encounter 2 and modified that entry accordingly
added entry Enthrall (Kyndrilthul)
added entry Secret Rooms/Knocked out in a secret room
modified entry Steps of Combat/Declare weapon and target to include attacks with Fire Flask
modified entry Defeated
modified entry Dark Charm to include Enthrall (Kyndrithul)
added errata to Crow Hags (GER only)
added uFAQ to Lifethirst
added uFAQ on to entry The Armory
added entry bare hands
added uFAQ on Protective Tonic
added uFAQ on From the Wreckage
added uFAQ to Respected Citizen
added uFAQ to entry Familiars/Types of Familiars/Familiars treated as figures/heroes
added uFAQ to entry Heroes/Figures treated as Heroes
added RtL box to entry Heroes
added uFAQ for Ghost Town (The Trollfens)

Edited by Sadgit

About Heroes/Figures treated as Heroes and Plot cards
Perhaps modify the entry " Plot cards may not target allies, familiars and figures treated as heroes." on page 28
by something like
" Plot cards that target heroes, may not target allies, familiars and figures treated as heroes."

Thanks for keeping this up to date!

Some minor things i have found in the quest layout:

Seeds of Corruption:

From the Shadows needs Mists of Bilehall and not Chains that rust; in German: "Das sprechende Herrenhaus" uses "Trollsümpfe" and not Mists of Bilehall

Sidequests:

"Choose your poison" or "Die Dosis macht das Gift". Something is wrong here. It is definetly not the quest from bonds of the wild because this is the only expansion i don't have and in my campaign the sidequest appeared on the world map. If i click in my collection on bonds of the wild it also says, that it would give a side quest with a different name.

one last thought:

Can you add a ufaq on broodwalkers with their overflowing and hive defense?

Thanks for keeping this up!

I got the following info extracted from an older version of the RtL app:

From the Shadows: "Set aside tiles 3, 8, 11, 16, 20, 21, 23, 52, 53, 55, 61, 62, 63, 65, 66, 68, and 1 white objective token."
Alternative map: "Set aside tiles 3, 11, 20, 52, 53, 55, 61, 62, 63, 65, 66, 68, 80, 81, 82, 83, 85, and 1 white objective token."
Tiles 78-87 are from MoB. You are right, my bad. I will correct this in the next version of the CRRG.

In a Manor of Speaking : "Set aside tiles 3, 7, 23, 26, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 59, 60, 62, and 72."
Alternative map: "Set aside tiles 23, 26, 51, 52, 53, 55, 59, 60, 62, 71, 72, 73, 74, 76, and 77."
Tiles 70-77 are from MoR. Why do you think Trollfens?
It is still strange, that tile 72 is showing up here for the regular map as for SoC only base game and SoN are needed.
I checked the quest itself and indeed tile 72 is never used in this quest. So it seems to be a typo in the version I got extracted. Maybe somebody can confirm that this has been corrected in the current version?

Choose your poison: "Recruit legendary heroes and expand your legion of monsters by adding Bonds of the Wild to your collection! Digital content unlocked: 4 heroes, 3 monster groups, 1 side quest: "Choose Your Poison"
Based on the data-mined text, all seems to be ok. Can somebody confirm Kahir's observation that something is wrong here?

Broodwalker: Can you please link me this uFAQ?

Edited by Sadgit
2 hours ago, Sadgit said:

In a Manor of Speaking : "Set aside tiles 3, 7, 23, 26, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 59, 60, 62, and 72."

Alternative map: "Set aside tiles 23, 26, 51, 52, 53, 55, 59, 60, 62, 71, 72, 73, 74, 76, and 77."
Tiles 70-77 are from MoR. Why do you think Trollfens?
It is still strange, that tile 72 is showing up here for the regular map as for SoC only base game and SoN are needed.
I checked the quest itself and indeed tile 72 is never used in this quest. So it seems to be a typo in the version I got extracted. Maybe somebody can confirm that this has been corrected in the current version?

Unfortunately the bug with the wrongly called tile 72 is still present in the current version.

Sadly, there are also some other quests, which also mention tiles in the setup that are never used ("The treasure of Davin Throm" comes to mind). These kinds of errors could be fixed relatively easy by comparing the setup instructions with the tile placement instructions. But this is something that FFG would have to do, and I doubt that they will dedicate resources to this.

2 hours ago, Sadgit said:

Choose your poison: "Recruit legendary heroes and expand your legion of monsters by adding Bonds of the Wild to your collection! Digital content unlocked: 4 heroes, 3 monster groups, 1 side quest: "Choose Your Poison"

Based on the data-mined text, all seems to be ok. Can somebody confirm Kahir's observation that something is wrong here?

I can understand the confusion regarding "Choose your poison". I always suspected something was wrong here, but I could never put my finger on it. But now I figured it out.

It seems that the unlocked quests of the collection entries for "Stewards of the Secret" and "Bonds of the wild" got mixed up.

BotW contains Hellhounds, Deep Elves and Kobolds, which are all used in the quest "Tooth and Blade". SotS contains Ferroxs, Blood Apes and Nagas, which are used in the quest "Choose your poison".

By what was posted by Kahir I suspect, that the quests are unlocked correctly though. He seems to have "Stewards of the Secret", which should unlock "Choose your poison". This seems to be the case.

To make matters worse, there is also an error in the german translation. In the first draft "Choose your poison" got translated as "Trefft eure Wahl", which I later changed to "Die Dosis macht das Gift".

It seems that this change was only implemented in the quest itself (which is shown when selecting it on the world map), but not in the collection menu. Sorry for the confusion :(

Edited by DerDelphi

Great! Thanks Delphi!

I will assign "Tooth and Blade" to BotW and "Choose your Poison" to SotS in the next version of the CRRG.

Sadgit, what do you think about including the round to round framework of a Delve in the guide? I wrote up what happens at the end of each round and keep a printout of it for my players so we don't forget. It's mainly to know when and how much xp will be assigned, etc. Think it makes sense to include a blurb on that?

Sounds interesting. Can you send me your write up?

34 minutes ago, Sadgit said:

Sounds interesting. Can you send me your write up?

I edited the Delve page of the RTL rulebook so it's nice and clean. I'll send it through Discord, this site is being a pain in the *** about attachments right now. The full text of what people need to know for planning:

1 xp per hero to start before the first stage

Each hero recovers 3 health and 2 heroes may discard 1 condition each at the end of each stage

After each stage shop cards are randomly drawn. How many depends on how fast the stage is cleared. 10 is typically the max, decreasing as turns go by. Keep 2 cards, plus a third if the monster tracker is clear at end of the stage. Max 1 weapon can be kept from the shop deck per stage.

End of stage 1

· 1 xp per hero

End of stage 2

· 1 xp per hero

End of stage 3

· 2 xp per hero

· All used heroic abilities reset

· Change from Act I shop and monster cards to Act II

· Used Search cards put back in Search deck and shuffled

· Gain 1 Morale

End of stage 4

· 1 xp per hero

End of stage 5

· 1 xp per hero

Edited by Kaaihn

I'd just like to thank Sadgit for all of the wonderful resources he's created for everyone. That's a lot of work and dedication, and on top of that, it's all professional looking! Amazing stuff. Thank you!

Release Notes

CRRG Version 1.10. (03/04/2018)

corrected RtL quest layout table for From the Shadows (deleted tile 72)
corrected side quest assignment for BotW and SotS in the hero and monster collection table
corrected missing image in entry Overgrowth
modified uFAQ to entry Leoric of the Book
added uFAQ to entry conditions
added uFAQ to entry "My House, my Rules"
added uFAQ to entry Elder Mok
added uFAQ to entry Trading Pains
added uFAQ to entry Revive
added uFAQ to entry Stand Up
added uFAQ to entry Lifethirst
added uFAQ to entry Defeated/A knocked out hero may/
added uFAQ to entry Sahla
added uFAQs to entry Let the Truth be Buried
corrected and modified uFAQ in entry Adaptive Contagion
added uFAQ to A Demonstration
deleted double entry for Piercing Darkness
modified entry Conditions to include that for allies "turn" means "activation".
modified entry Secret Rooms/Challenge tokens
added new entry Modify results of dice
added new entries "Change results of dice", "Reroll dice", "Replace results of dice" and "Add or subtract X" all linking to "Modify results of dice"
deleted old entry Reroll
added cross-reference to entry Dice
corrected typo in Call of the Ravens and Laurel of Bloodwood
modified entry My house, my Rules
modified entry Difficulty
replaced icons for Melee and Ranged
corrected entry Fortune and Glory (LoR quest)
added uFAQ to Secrets of Stone (LoR quest)
added new entry Off the Map
modified entry OL cards/Playing OL cards
modified entry Quick Recovery
included modified version of cards which received an official errata: Blood Lust, Reinforce, Potent Remedies, Mirror Image, Quaking Word, Guard, Dying Command, Raise Dead, Break the Rune, Ancestor Spirits, Quick Recovery, Running Shot, Diverse Means, Unholy Ritual.
added uFAQ for Mental Error
added Possessive to entry Dark Charm
added uFAQ to Search/Search action
corrected layout of appendix 3.5

I had the wrong version number on the cover. Sorry.
Corrected.

Edited by Sadgit

CRRG is an awesome resource Sadgit, thanks for all your work on it :)

I've found a couple of errors/typos in version 1.10:

On page 43 'Augur Grisom' is incorrectly referred to a couple of times as 'Augur Grimson'.

In Appendix 3.2 the list of tiles for 'In a Manor of Speaking' includes tile 72 within the SoN list; this tile is requested by the RtL app but is not required for this quest (and you don't have it with just SoN expansion) - might be worth adding a note to this effect?

I also have a few suggestions for improving clarity:

On page 53:

• 'Inscribe Rune' text isn't very clear - if it means what I think it means, you could rephrase as " Inscribe Rune does not counteract the effects of an equipped item which prohibits Runes . With this combination the hero will be unable to equip any weapons."
  • For 'Quick Casting' you could add the clarification that the triggering attack does not need to succeed (you can still attack again even if the first one rolls an X) - I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere...

Thanks a lot for this feedback. I corrected Augur, deleted tile 72 and changed:

Inscribe Rune: If a hero has equipped an item that prohibits Runes, Inscribe Rune would prevent the hero to equip any weapon.

Quick Casting: Using Quick Casting the Runemaster may perform an additional standard attack, it cannot be used for skills that include attacks.
Quick Casting may be used even if the first attack was a miss.

Will all be included in version 1.11

Edited by Sadgit

CRRG Version 1.11. (07/2018)

added uFAQ to entry Terrain/Elevation
added µFAQ to entry Encounters
added µFAQ to entry Baron Zachareth
added entry Dominion, Errata (GER)
modified entry Movement/Types of movement/Remove and place and place
added uFAQ to entry Mists of Bilehall/Hallowing Fire
added uFAQ to entry Labyrinth of Ruin/Fortune and Glory
added uFAQ to Quick Casting
added uFAQ to Inscribe Rune
corrected Augur Grisom's name

Edited by Sadgit

Always glad to see a new version of the CCRG :)

One minor thing I noticed: The version of the CCRG is still listed as 1.10 on the cover.