added uFAQ on Rune of the Phoenix
added new rule for Trading in Road to Legend
added uFAQ for Piercing Darkness
added uFAQ to Danger Sense
added uFAQ to No Rest for the Wicked
added uFAQ on Maneuver
added image to entry Monsters/monster group
added two images to entry Lieutenants/Lieutenant cards
modified most monster ability entries to include appropriate action and surge symbols.
modified bullet under Rumor Cards/Quest cards for clarity
modified entry Characteristics/Health to emphasise the difference between "Health" and "remaining Health"
modified bullet on Vampiric Blood under Dark Charm to provide a more general guideline
modified entry Setup for Road to Legend to reflect changes in new rule book
modified entry Portals to include special rule for Brightblaze
modified Road to Legend box on entry Blast (changes to other multi-target attacks await clarification by FFG)
corrected a number of typos and layout issues

Edited by Sadgit

I am not very good with files and so ill ask in basic terms.

Is there a way for this to work where you press for example D on a tablet and it jumps to the section beginning with D or for example again type in 'Rest' and it jumps to the 'rest' rule?

I did a very quick try and it seemed to highlight every listing of 'rest' rather than highlight the main rule listing.

Great work btw!!!!

The CRRG includes hyperlinks in certain parts of the document such as TOC, Related Topics, Index (click on pager numbers ) and sometimes in the text itself. Hyperlinks in the text and related topics are underlined. Unfortunately, the PDF reader that comes with android systems is not capable of following links in PDFs. You need to use another reader for that functionally. Personally I am using foxit.

Edited by Sadgit

Just flicking through & spotted that on Page 75 the image of the character Tahlia is covering the text for the errata for ' Crown of Destiny'.

Great resource though, thanks so much to all involved!

Thanks for pointing that out. It has already been corrected in v1.5 that will be release at the beginning of July.

Edited by Sadgit

Release Notes
CRRG Version 1.5. (03/07/2017)

added Golden Rules to the index
modified entry Attack/Attacking objects to clarify that figures treated as heroes cannot attack objects
added uFAQ to entry Dark Charm
added errata for Retribution (relevant for German version only)
corrected the number of the infection token supply to 16.
corrected layout on page 74

Edited by Sadgit

Release Notes
CRRG Version 1.6. (15/08/2017)

added uFAQ on I am the Law
updated uFAQ for No Rest For The Wicked
modified RtL box for entry Blast based on new uFAQ
modified RtL box for Steps of Combat to reflect change to Blast
modified entry Trading based on new uFAQ
corrected entry Secret Rooms/Setup: exploring secret rooms and movement points
added uFAQ on Feral Frenzy
added uFAQ on entry Tainted Spring
added uFAQ to entry The Wyrm Turns
added uFAQ on Airborne
added uFAQ on Dragonbone Pendant
added uFAQ on Elixir of Stone
added uFAQ on Rings of Zhol'alam
added uFAQ to entry Rune of the Phoenix
added uFAQ on Sign of the Last Zenith
added uFAQ on Ward of Peace
added uFAQ on Wristlet of Wind
added uFAQ on Challenge

Edited by Sadgit

Thanks to dedicated people of the German Descent community the CRRG is now also available in German. I have added the pdfs to the CRRG download page .
Congratulations to Frankenraecher, tose and BSJBi96x who put a lot of time and effort into this project. The result is outstanding! Thank you, guys.

Release Notes
CRRG Version 1.7. (08/09/2017)

added a quest flowchart of available RtL campaigns below section 3.2.
reorganized table 3.2. Story Quests
added uFAQ to Grey Ker
added uFAQ on Runic Sorcery
modified Attack/Attacking objects to include objects that can be attacked by monsters
modified Secret Rooms/Entering and leaving a secret room to allow heroes using the entrance/exit out of turn (e.g. with Syndrael's Heroic feat)
modified Campaign/Campaign phase step 6
modified Vampiric Blood
modified Dark Charm/Special cases to clarify how to handle stunned, charmed heroes
modified Swallow

Edited by Sadgit

BTW, do you guys want me to keep up the monthly updates of the CRRG or do you think that every 2 or 3 months would be better (speak: less annoying)?

Edited by Sadgit

I don't think 2-3 months is too infrequent- and if there's something big you can always make a special update.

I agree with Zaltyre. Once a quarter (every 3 months or so) would be fine. As he also stated, if something big occurred, you could always do a special update.

Quite frankly, with the complete lack of new things for this game (including updating their own FAQ), I think you are going to find the need to make fewer and fewer changes. After all, if there is no new content ... :huh:

Ignore post. Placed in wrong thread.

Edited by any2cards

I like more the every month update.
But 2 months is ok too.
3 months is a lot, in my opinion.

I don't think that much happens every month, however, I think if you put things of note into a computer program to keep track of something big, or immediately after you get a new box and have time to process it.

Do you plan to include everything on your wiki?

The new Descent Wiki is not my baby, it's Psymia's. Unfortunately, I do not have the time to help him much there. But yes, as far as I know the goal is to include most if not all uFAQs and rule clarifications that I put into the CRRG.

And he needs some help with that! So if you are interested in a great ad-free up-to-date Descent wiki please support him. It's a wiki after all, so just create an account, tell him what you want to work on and have fun.

Edited by Sadgit
On 08/09/2017 at 6:42 PM, tng88 said:

Do you plan to include everything on your wiki?

Heya

Yes when i started working on the wiki the initial motivation was to have on each page an FAQ section which shows the uFAQs with references and links.
I quickly realised i had to rewrite all templates to get this working.

Template(s) is/are updated for:
* Cards (Skills, Items, Relics, Familiars, Servants, Tainted, Overlord, Plot)
* Heroes
Not done yet:
* Monsters
* Lieutenants / Agents
* Quests

I could really use help to add the FAQ/UFAQ/OFAQ templates.
(I haven't really started adding them actually...)
An example for a done page is:
https://wiki.descent-community.org/Dash

The templates contain the documentation how to use them:
https://wiki.descent-community.org/Template:FAQ
https://wiki.descent-community.org/Template:UFAQ
https://wiki.descent-community.org/Template:OFAQ

Regarding the release interval:
I'm not sure it really matters how often the CRRG is updated.
IMO what matter more is that the release cycle is known.
Since you are the only one working on it, just pick an interval and people will happily look forward to the next release :)

Unless there is a big update to Descent, the release schedule of the CRRG will be changed to every 3 months (January, April, July, and October).

Sadgit, that's awesome. I can see tons and tons of hours in this document already. I just don't know why I wasn't able to find it earlier to help me to figure out some tricky rules in our first played quests and campaigns.

I found only one tiny issue (maybe) with the current 1.7 version: the "Contents" part on 2nd page looks a bit strange for me. "Quests" on 71 and then "Heirs of Blood" on 73 are highlighted with bold and then some topic are listed on page 77. Looks like "Corrupt Citizen Cards", "Rumor cards" are part of topic "Heirs of Blood" which doesn't make sense at first sight for me.

Thank you for pointing that out. Looks like the automatic TOC tool messed up. I will correct it in the next version.

Edited by Sadgit

Hi Psymia,

I've tried to fix some moster stats missing on the Wiki but found some issues - but found the solution meanwhile...

Edited by kbalazsa

Maybe a new topic to be considered in the next version:

Class cards, and tokens on it beween Encounters, and at the end of Quests. For example hearts on Champion's Valorous Strike, hero tokens on Apothecary's Protective Tonic card, etc. When these should be keeped and should be discarded?

Other similar topic could be similar for tokens only: Valor tokens, Elixirs, Traps, etc.