54NCH32 IA Paintworks

By 54NCH32, in Imperial Assault Painting and Modification

Image result for mandalorian  logo

Jabba The Hutt:
  Here's final Jabba, Jabba's campaign now in full swing (the guys smashed through 3 missions last saturday. Rancor is almost done, just needs a final possible drybrush, and a varnishing.

JABBA-1.jpg

Hey y'all, been a while! Been busy with a few non IA projects lately, but finally got round to finishing off Thrawn over the last couple of days...

small_image.jpg

Grand Admiral Thrawn:
Nice easy figure, a great sculpt (with no hard to reach bits!), but I took my time with the white highlights (with a few extra flourishes to cover some patches of bad ink drying). White base was washed with a 50/50 Nuln/Lahmian mix.

A bit of in progress Zeb...

Zeb finished :) Tricky in places, but a fun one to paint

Edited by 54NCH32

Beautiful, just beautiful. Everything looks super clean. And are those markings on his left shoulder free-handed? If so, I applaud you ;)

Cheers, Yep, I left the freehand till last, (as I had to base and shade the different colours areas as I went due to some hard to reach areas that would have been a nightmare to shade in one go). My hand can shake occasionally, so much hand/desk bracing and breath-holding was needed for the markings, but luckily only needed a couple of minor touch ups.

He took a good while, but a rewarding figure to finally have painted.

Edited by 54NCH32

rebel.png

Garazeb Orrelios :
All done. Real fun one to paint, made me push the skills a bit, and so many paint mixes and washes!

CT-1701 is up next...

Almost there, but i need sleep!

rebel.png

CT-1701 :
CT all finished. Simple figure, but some tricky to reach places at times! Really happy with the face on this one.

CT-FINAL-1.jpg
CT-FINAL-2.jpg

Great work, mate. I especially like how you picked out all the folds in Thrawn's white uniform - you avoided making the recesses too dark, which always looks garish on White elements. Well done! Zeb turned out pretty much perfect - his face and all the colours and detail are executed very well, especially the freehand markings in his left shoulder. As for CT - Nothing to complain here, and his face has turned out great! 👍

7 hours ago, Fourtytwo said:

Great work, mate. I especially like how you picked out all the folds in Thrawn's white uniform - you avoided making the recesses too dark, which always looks garish on White elements. Well done! Zeb turned out pretty much perfect - his face and all the colours and detail are executed very well, especially the freehand markings in his left shoulder. As for CT - Nothing to complain here, and his face has turned out great! 👍

Cheers Fourty! I appreciate that.

Really happy with these ones (the improved sculpts defo help), hope to get Lothal finished soon, but I've been a bit distracted with creating a few elements/stand-ins for my pre-order of Core Space

(p.s. many thanks to @mulletcheese for making me aware of it (CS) in the "Other good gaming companies" thread, I'm now currently throwing my hobbying into overdrive in preparation of my pre-order arrival).

Edited by 54NCH32

Got back on to the IA queue yesterday, working on an alternate colour scheme for Tress (not a fan of the blue scheme on her card), going for something slightly Bruce Lee inspired...

Very cool! Nice to see a different paintscheme for this mini. I think it looks way better than the ”official” one. FFG should have asked you first ;)

Tress finished, backdrop shot soon.

I like the pale blues and greys of her official artwork, since they go well with her pale skin and white hair, but your colour scheme is great and because of the contrast with her white hair very striking.

rebel.png

Tress Hacnua :
As mentioned, thought I'd go with a Bruce Lee inspired scheme for Tress, rather than her canon blue. Really happy I took the gamble on the gold (I almost bailed and used a yellow/orange again, as metallics can be a pain). Quite a quick painting all in all. For the metal, I've ditched LeadBelcher for the much nicer and easy to use GunMetal from Ammo Mig, which is giving really nice results. Gold is Retributor Armour from Citadel, as it seems to at least behave pretty well when thinned with Lahmian.

Final game of of Hoth tonight, and hopefully pick back up our Jabba Campaign! \m/

TRESS-IMPERIAL-ASSAULT-FFG.jpg

Edited by 54NCH32