Spicing up the City Shops

By Bludgeon, in Talisman Home Brews

That works. It's only like having another Adventure card on the space anyway.

That works. It's only like having another Adventure card on the space anyway.

Yeah, the only difference would be unique layout and harder to remove from the board.

It would like like this:

2badf834e7e62249.png 8bafeda91d5f6ee7.png

Edited by Bludgeon

Updated version of Arcane Emporium

221f34b377a76948.png 1b903f23b7f52b4c.png ddfbdbb6fc7525b6.png 4b7edc5e0b715d2f.png 706264a274455f56.png 5d5b0a9a38d2924a.png 0d33d39b3f8a90ad.png 55fde9b0a1ac3324.png

Edited by Bludgeon

Updated version of Harbour

1f90106af5c3e3c7.png

Updated Laboratory

bf9e69f500c31c37.png

Updated King's Armoury

c95fa88254ae19a5.png 95d0afc8b55fbaf5.png 8b953d7fd0020f04.png d2f1dbd019c62845.png 784c1e8f1d333f6c.png b4674024f589a0a3.png 4c4492cf9931ee8d.png 7fbd24b2bfd248a3.png

Edited by Bludgeon

Updated Oracle (the event and omen cards remain unchanged)

4dad8f7b6663d101.png

I'm not sure you need the "add to" on the signpost. It should be clear in your rules what you do with them.

I don't but then again Talisman is full of little reminders like that.

It can do, but for instance Denizen cards just have the names of the spaces that they remain on, they do not have "Add to " or similar.

Updated Royal Stables

af9a02c508fad93f.png be81eec31fdd129c.png 7aa84f7f98a09cd4.png 0126b364ba4b002e.png e1e3ae2eba23f9eb.png 3b81f8cd98712810.png 269e75ce938a60bc.png c26903d6f9f06572.png

It can do, but for instance Denizen cards just have the names of the spaces that they remain on, they do not have "Add to " or similar.

These terrain cards break the rule of normal terrain cards, and "add to" hopefully will keep reminding players about that.

Updated University

24304a9ca06cf288.png 8eb2000008cbe431.png

new: Eldritch Library

92757edc684bfcf2.png 00613a2bdccfcee9.png

I know you're focusing on the City shops/spaces, but have you thought about the other "places" on the main board? I'm reminded of JC Hendee's Space Expanders expansion.

I know you're focusing on the City shops/spaces, but have you thought about the other "places" on the main board? I'm reminded of JC Hendee's Space Expanders expansion.

No I haven't. With Cataclysm I'm more than happy with the main board.

I'm looking for ideas for Rogues' Guild, Menagerie and High Temple. I'm not looking for new purchase decks though.

Made a part-suggestion for Rogue's Guild on page.3 but not sure it was the right type of thing you were after ;)

Given the 'Terrain' mechanic and all the talk of Cataclysm in particular, is this specifically intended to be played with Cataclysm, Firelands & Harbinger? Or will you be adding some rules, also covering Terrain so it can be played with simply the original board, earlier expansions and ofc the City? :)

P.s - Love the design and illustration choice for the Eldritch Library.

Edited by Phoenyx

Well, my line of thought is this. You are either a casual talisman fan and you have base game and none or some expansions, or you are a hardcore fan and you have most or all expansions. If you are a casual fan, you won't be downloading fanmade expansions from the internet, so I see no point in designing stuff for those people. I but also don't want to be exclusive. So this, and most of my other projects, assumes you have base game, cataclysm, and all 4 corner boards. Small expansions are (usually) not necessary.

will you be adding some rules, also covering Terrain so it can be played with simply the original board, earlier expansions and ofc the City? :)

I will not be replicating existing official rules.

Edited by Bludgeon

Right now the I only have this:

High Temple

LIFT CURSE - Pay 2 gold to discard any cards you have.

Menagerie

remake all the pets' names (names in talisman are always descriptive and not names of individuals)

add new pets (already have good art secured for 5 or 6)

Rogues' Guild

Maybe replicate assassin card that lets you take life from another character for gold, but only usable for evil characters.

Rogues' Guild

Maybe replicate assassin card that lets you take life from another character for gold, but only usable for evil characters.

I would consider this, but for neutral. After all, the rogues' guild does have the neutral alignment emphasis.

Rogues' Guild

I would consider this, but for neutral. After all, the rogues' guild does have the neutral alignment emphasis.

It also allows you to change your alignment to evil.

Full helmet is misspelled. I also disagree with the idea of renaming the pets with descriptive names - it adds a lot more personality to them, and sets them apart from simple followers. They're pets, and are kinda meant to be characters in their own right, rather than generic followers.

I also disagree with the idea of renaming the pets with descriptive names - it adds a lot more personality to them, and sets them apart from simple followers. They're pets, and are kinda meant to be characters in their own right, rather than generic followers.

If characters shouldn't have personality by having names, neither should some city pets. But that's only my opinion.

Full helmet is misspelled.

Where?

Edited by Bludgeon

Right now the I only have this:

High Temple

LIFT CURSE - Pay 2 gold to discard any cards you have.

Menagerie

remake all the pets' names (names in talisman are always descriptive and not names of individuals)

add new pets (already have good art secured for 5 or 6)

Rogues' Guild

Rogues guild - that one ocurred to me too! The list could be something like:

1) "Pay 3G to join a guild of your choice: Thieves Guild, Warrior's Guild, Merchants Guild, Magicians Guild (see details in my earlier post suggestion)

2) "Pay an assassin 5G to take 1 life of another character. If your are good you become neutral , if you are neutral you become e vil "

3) "Pay a rogue 5G to steal 1 item of your choice from another character."

Gold and exact word detailling I'm sure you'll want to tailor to your own thoughts ;)

Menagerie

Sounds good. Slightly more substantial and powerful pets would be a nice addition! Such as for example, a Big Cat rather than a domestc cat as a pet. Ie; Leopard - "Requires Strength 4 to take. Adds +2 to your Strength in combat" etc :D

Edited by Phoenyx