3D printed Talisman miniatures/Terrain

By Leavon, in Talisman

i wont take the de luxe, sorry. still hoping we get the rest of the tiles before christmas. dragontower would be needed too.

Edited by magicrealm
On 10/29/2018 at 4:36 PM, 80sVamp said:

Your package arrived yesterday Leavon. Thank you

Gods holy trousers its enormous !!!!! I've never seen such a large knobbly spire (wheres this going? -Ed).

Your dulux Crown of Command is superb. I'll have to speak to Matt down at my local B+Q and get a gallon tin of Crown 'firecracker red' paint and HEEuge brush just to paint it.

I will also have to take steps to procure a ladder to paint the top bit and have just rung a local supplier.

By jove I'm exhausted just looking at it. *phew*

The Plains pieces are anything but and that cheeky little individual Crown is the jewel in the .... errrr crown.

I take my hat off to you. Well done sir.

If anyone hasn't placed an order for such magnificent Talisman loveliness then you should be consigned to the Horrible Black Void and then turned into a toad whilst having your tonsils removed with a blunt spoon.

:)

Hahaha thanks Kate! So glad you like the latest batch of Talisgoodies!

A quick note on painting, I haven't painted the deluxe Crown yet but I will deffo be using my airbrush. If you don't have one it might be worth picking up a couple of cans of acrylic spray paint ( wilko is cheap.) A reddish base and an orange highlight.

Spray the base coat and then hit it with light sprays from underneath with the lighter colour, try to hit the edges of outcrops, to get that underlit effect ( or from above if you want a conventional top lit look).

Then hand paint highlights and shadows as normal, it should take some of the labour out of the paint job whilst still enjoying the detailing.

Sorry I peaked too early and already started slapping on the paint... err I mean precision painting the Crown of Command.

Its now finished and looks awesome on the board.

It rises up out of the sea of Spare Oom scenery like a spicey tomato Nik Nak and really dominates the landscape, giving a crisp focal point to the weary adventurer of the glories that await.

Anyway I went out yesterday along a path, across some fields, through a *FOREST* over a stream, avoiding the *PITFIENDS*, down a dark tunnel, out the other side, over a rope bridge that spans a *CHASM* through a leafy dell, around a village, along a gravel path, into a dense wood, back through.......... anyway I'll stop there as I'm just rambling.

Edited by 80sVamp

i just dont like it to be so silent here.

Edited by magicrealm

It's a super Sunday at Spare Oom studio with not 1 but 3 new pieces of board furniture!

And this year I'm getting in on the Black Friday madness with a 20% discount on everything except the bundles (obviously you can still make up your own bundles and get the 20% discount).
Simply enter SOS20%OFF at the checkout to get the discount.

Hopefully that will satiate you plastic hungry Talismaniacs for a few weeks :)

*The voucher is active now and will expire on Saturday 24th November.

https://www.leavon.co.uk/online-store/Talisman-Pit-Fiends-p124170483

https://www.leavon.co.uk/online-store/Talisman-The-Chasm-3D-Print-p124170485

https://www.leavon.co.uk/online-store/Talisman-The-Forest-3D-Print-p124170489

pit1.jpg?raw=1

forest1.jpg?raw=1

chasm1.jpg?raw=1

Crivens, Jinx and help ma' bob!!

I need to be careful what I ask for. 'Pit Fiends' I cried 'Give me Pit Fiends' and lo the cry was heard from HE who gives and from the fiery pit appeared these.

EEEk. Scarey. I think I may be visiting the Werewolf and me old chum Death when I venture into the inner region. He does very nice Salmon Mouse so I've heard.

I've gorged myself on the details of the Chasm though my followers, if they find themselves there, may be up a certain geographical feature without a certain wooden implement. Oar not as the case may be. Still you can't have your Kayak and eat it.

I can row a boat. Canoe?

And wood you believe it, you give us the Forest as well.

The Forest finishes off the outer region, matching the Crags (the Monopoly 'Utilities' of the Talisman World).

You'll find the bags of gold Leavon in a dirty old sack behind the radiator on platform 4 of Waterloo station.

But not as much because like the Ferraro Roche ambassador, you spoil was with a lovely discount as well. I'd have thought the dis Count would have applied to the Vampires tower.

You'll be pleased to know, there are no more demands from this little vampire as I'm at a loss as to what to ask for next. Have a lovely Christmas.

Hi Friends,

take a look at spare oom studios, Leavon has made the Labyrinth, which is a talisman place card. He made the Mage Knight Model for compability to both games and because on the talisman picture isnt much to see from the Labyrinth.

Hey Leavon,
Any chance you'd model the NPC's (Eagle King, Queen-Mab, Dungeon Guard, Dark Knight, Lord of Darkness, Rat's Nest, Spectral Lord, .. ) as mini's some day in the future?
Just asking, because I thought I read that in the first posts of this thread, and I for one, am very interested on these, to join your marvelous terrain-art you made.
Cheers, and thanks for what you created until now!
(Denis V.)

19 hours ago, Deniax said:

Hey Leavon,
Any chance you'd model the NPC's (Eagle King, Queen-Mab, Dungeon Guard, Dark Knight, Lord of Darkness, Rat's Nest, Spectral Lord, .. ) as mini's some day in the future?
Just asking, because I thought I read that in the first posts of this thread, and I for one, am very interested on these, to join your marvelous terrain-art you made.
Cheers, and thanks for what you created until now!
(Denis V.)

Hey Denis,

Printing character minis with my current studio setup is problematic. As you know, the ideal for characters is resin printing, I was all set to get a DLP printer a few days ago as they are ridiculously cheap now and produce incredible quality.

Unfortunately I came to the realisation that that my studio isn't suitable for resin printing, it's quite noxious smelling and the jury is still out on the health implications of the particulates produced. I don't have anywhere else to keep one at the moment. It's really frustrating as it's an area I'm keen to expand into but my only options are to pay a lot of money to get them printed at shapeways or similar and that's not financially viable.

Having said all that I haven't tried a mini on the Prusa yet.

So it's a "we'll see" at the moment, I will keep you updated on progress though.

L.

Hi Leavon,
Yes you are right, the resin printers themselves are 'pretty cheap' these days, given the quality they produce, especially for figurines they are very interesting! .. But indeed, better be cautious than sorry, the fumes discussion is also applicable when printing ABS filament, a Hepa-filter or separate room is mandatory for these.
This said, I saw some pretty good results with PLA on a prusa MK2/3 with a 0.25 nozzle. 🙂
Please do keep me informed!
Cheers,
Denis

i got the Labyrinth Modell today. It is very detailed as always, but too little. i dont like it.

Hi Matthias,

I can print the model at whatever size you would like. Email me and let me know what size you would like it. Obviously the price will have to be adjusted accordingly.

On 1/18/2019 at 3:11 PM, Leavon said:

Hi Matthias,

I can print the model at whatever size you would like. Email me and let me know what size you would like it. Obviously the price will have to be adjusted accordingly.

Good to hear , Leavon !

it is 20 % in x, y, and 50 % in z (height) if it is only one scale number to change, then it is 25 %

same numbers with the vampire tower

actually i wanted to order the first package with 7 cities, 7 villages and 7 castles, could add 4 bigger towers and 1 bigger labyrinth.

castles depend if you make the runewars castles or not and when.

i forgotten the 20 % code, ups

Hi Leavon.

Anything new in the pipeline?

So i make the final dot here. Months ago, i ordered a bigger amount of models, mulitple copies for gaming uses beside Talisman. Ii insisted forf the quality and colour of the models they had until end 2018. Models after that do not look like the pictures here and on his website, not like the models you have. He uses cheap replacement flambent and that makes them look like black ashes. You can see that on the last models he send. He fefuses to craft the models in the original quality and sended my paypal money two times back. a very bad end of the story, profit instead quality for no choice.

On 4/20/2019 at 2:19 PM, magicrealm said:

So i make the final dot here. Months ago, i ordered a bigger amount of models, mulitple copies for gaming uses beside Talisman. Ii insisted forf the quality and colour of the models they had until end 2018. Models after that do not look like the pictures here and on his website, not like the models you have. He uses cheap replacement flambent and that makes them look like black ashes. You can see that on the last models he send. He fefuses to craft the models in the original quality and sended my paypal money two times back. a very bad end of the story, profit instead quality for no choice.

I'm sorry, but I think that's a too harsh comment and an unfair way to try to end this thread, magicrealm. I understand that you have received models that are, in your opinion, of unacceptable quality, but that's really an issue only between you and Leavon. It seems from your description that he has refunded your money when you where unhappy with the products received twice. In my opinion, he has done right by you and refunded your money when you were unsatisfied with the product received. There's no reason to resort to shaming him on the forum here. He has contributed far too much to this community to let that comment be the final one to this thread.

I second that completely !

+1!

I third it.

MagicRealms comments are very, very, very harsh, unjustified, and just down right wrong.

If he had a beef about the product he shouldn't have stuck it in the shop window for all to see.

All the models I have recieved from Leavon (and I have a full set, everything, the whole Kaboodle) have been of the highest quality and delivery times prompt.

He even made me a larger bespoke Vampires Tower to put on my Talisman display shelf.

If you read the above Leavon, I hope it does not put you off any future Talisman ideas as there are still a few blanks on the board. 😉

All my scenery is now painted and looks fantastic on the board. A real enhancement to the game play.

Thank you for taking the time to design this for all of us.

We love you Leavon. :wub:

On 5/19/2019 at 5:03 PM, 80sVamp said:

I third it.

MagicRealms comments are very, very, very harsh, unjustified, and just down right wrong.

If he had a beef about the product he shouldn't have stuck it in the shop window for all to see.

All the models I have recieved from Leavon (and I have a full set, everything, the whole Kaboodle) have been of the highest quality and delivery times prompt.

He even made me a larger bespoke Vampires Tower to put on my Talisman display shelf.

If you read the above Leavon, I hope it does not put you off any future Talisman ideas as there are still a few blanks on the board. 😉

All my scenery is now painted and looks fantastic on the board. A real enhancement to the game play.

Thank you for taking the time to design this for all of us.

We love you Leavon. :wub:

Thanks for the kind comments folks.

Magicrealm has been consistently rude and demanding both in his comments on here,via email and phone calls.

He had asked me to make a labyrinth board piece for him, sent me the artwork and assured me that he would buy 8 of them and that this would be part of a very large order.

I made the piece, but he only ordered one. He then told me it was too small and I had used the wrong design etc. He also said that pieces from an older order looked like "ashes, rough and blind" and was very rude. I had been using a lighter coloured filament for a while and hadn't had any negative feedback regarding it from any of my customers.

His emails continued regarding this large order that he wanted to place, he kept changing his mind and emailing and calling me. I didn't have the time to deal with the constant back and forth and I told him that it wasn't working out so consider the order cancelled.

He then went ahead and placed the order anyway. I cancelled the order, refunded him and told him not to pace the order again.

He then placed the order again at which point I refunded him, blocked him from the shop and blocked his phone number.

This will be the end of the matter as far as I'm concerned, I just wanted to state what actually went on.

On a happier note, it's been an incredibly busy year for me and I'm going to be taking a month or so off. I'm hoping to revisit Talisman in July and finish the few remaining pieces, watch this space....

On 5/24/2019 at 11:13 PM, Leavon said:

I'm hoping to revisit Talisman in July and finish the few remaining pieces, watch this space....

Oooooooooooooh!!!

Hi!
Any news? 😁