Mansions of Madness Bug Report

By Julia, in Mansions of Madness

On 6/30/2019 at 2:57 AM, DMG said:

Platform: iOS (iPad).

Mission: Murder on the Stargazer Majestic

We just "finished" Murder on the Stargazer Majestic & encountered a game breaking bug at the end that made us unable to win:

<spoiler>

When the murderer was revealed, I went into the engine room & completed the puzzle before killing the murderer. After that, we could not do anything other than click through the phases & wait for the airship to crash, despite having "won" by killing the bad guy & fixing the engines.

From what I have read elsewhere, if you do the puzzle first, it causes it to have the bug.

Edit: We have just beaten the murderer first & then done the puzzle with the same results.

</spoiler>

Thanks,

Jim.

I encountered the same glitch. We solved the puzzle first.

Edit: Forgot to mention it was on Android.

Edited by WaitingForRedPlanet

Hi we played Murder on The Stargazer Express.

We had uncovered all the rooms and pretty much all the suspects and felt we knew who the murderer was there was only one room we did not explore which i'm guessing was the engine room, from above, anyway we saved the game as it was late, which we have done with most of them.

When we resumed the scenario last night we went to resume senario, which started up but then had no revealed map tiles just a sort of dark red textured surface, the draws could be opened but held no contents the only thing that did work was ending either mythos or player turn showing the the Characters we were playing at player turn start and dialogue for the mythos event. apart from that that the rest of the game was completely lost, closed down and restarted a couple of times but the result was the same. very Frustrating

Miles

P.S. does anyone from fantasy flight actually read these ?

Steam version as of 12 October 2019

Android version 1.8.0

Astral Alchemy, Star Chart puzzle glitch. When the puzzle loads it is black, you do not see any tiles. When you click on the tiles they appear, you can drag and drop but then disappear again.

20191013_080715.jpg

App: OSX Steam (app version 1.7.4)

Last Played: 10/16/2019

Scenario: The Twilight Diadem and Behind Closed Doors (both scenarios in Sanctum of Twilight Expansion)

After the opening narration in both scenarios, all text is showing placeholder text. See images on this Imgur post for examples. All other scenarios outside of this expansion are fine. I only own base game (2nd edition), Streets of Arkham, and Beyond the Threshold. I've tried reinstalling the app, de-selecting the expansions in "my collection" but the text in these scenarios is still broken. I tried clicking through search tokens and doors, but it only shows placeholder text. Please help asap, since I spent money on this expansion and it's basically unplayable.

Played Jungle Awakens on Ipad air, 5th of November 2019.

Hi We played the first of the new scenarios last night for the Path of the Serpent expansion. We were enjoying it but after we had placed the first figurine using the interact token in the app we couldnt interact again. Whenever we clicked on it there was a sound, but no options or dialogue appeared on the screen. We tried saving the game and going back to it, restarting the app and the iPad, and tried to continue the game, we tried advancing through the mythos into a new investigator phase, telling the app we'd set a fire, interacting with NPC's, but whatever we tried didnt seem to clear the bug so we had to give up. It was a shame because we love the game, have all scenarios and expansions and must have played 40-50 games without an app problem breaking a game so far.

It isssss dissappointing.

Summary: Path of the Serpent - Jungle Awakens - Crumbling Plaza start - Clinton Freeman's character token is never placed in on the map, resulting in non-progression.

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Start Jungle Awakens scenario
2. Select Leo Anderson, Norman Withers, and Ursula Downs
3. Ensure that Crumbling Plaza is the first tile, and that the hut is placed in the top right of the map
4. Progress, until 3 relics are obtained, and the hut is revealed but do not explore into it
5. Wait for the text saying that the struggling/screaming goes silent from inside the hut
6. Explore the hut on the following round and progress through all story and instruction text
7. Observe the space where the Clinton Freeman token should be

Results:
On exploring the hut after Clint is "dead", the app will show text indicating the Clinton Freeman is still struggling in vines, and will tell players to place Clinton's token in the hut. However, there is no such token on the map to interact with once all instruction text is done, blocking progression. Players cannot get the last relic.

Repro Rate: `100%

Attached is a save folder where I very easily replicated this issue.

This ruined a night of gaming. My day job is software QA, you're part of a billion dollar company, I shouldn't be doing your jobs for you.

SavedGame.zip

Edited by Vertrucio

I've played the first campaign (Cycle of Ethernity) and I have all the expansions.

When starting the campaign I saw a lot of tiles from the Horrific Journeys expansion. It was a lot of fun to see a whole new map of this first level. Had a great time playing it.

Only at the end the app didn't instruct me which 4 tiles were outside the house and it also spoke of the Attic. There was no attic, vu a sort of train wagon (next to a rails). So the text was not accurate and I was not sure how to enter this train wagon. Maybe you guys can have a look at these text problems at the end of the scenario.

Thanks.

Hi - Love the game! Bug report (1 of 2): Jungle Awakens Scenario. Played on iOS with latest update.

We went east, ‘around’ the main mansion (not revealing the interior hall yet); from the eastern most river tile, used a free action to reveal the RIVER CROSSING to the west - here’s the start of the bug:

After the free action sight token action to the west Revealing the RIVER CROSSING, the app said “you may move one space into the explorer area”, a message normally reserved for exploring not free actions.

Then, later we tried to enter the Interior Hall using the explore token on the northeast corner of the interior hall and the app went unresponsive. We had to click a different explore token on the room to get it to reveal.

Buggy!

Hi - Still love the game! Bug report (2 of 2): Jungle Awakens Scenario. Played on iOS with latest update.

After entering the interior hall and STOPPING THE TRANSFORMATION successfully on the person within... he still transformed into a snake-person on the next mythos phase!

Note: He was our last person, so pretty late in the game, but we passed the lore test to stop the transformation.

Hope this helps!

On 1/4/2020 at 6:54 PM, thisguy2 said:

Hi - Still love the game! Bug report (2 of 2): Jungle Awakens Scenario. Played on iOS with latest update.

After entering the interior hall and STOPPING THE TRANSFORMATION successfully on the person within... he still transformed into a snake-person on the next mythos phase!

Note: He was our last person, so pretty late in the game, but we passed the lore test to stop the transformation.

Hope this helps!

Hello,

We faced the same issue during our last play with the french edition of the game: the green named

character (Merle Garving) got transformed into a snake-person during the Mythos Phase whereas we managed to

successfully stop his transformation by using the suitable statuette during the previous Investigators

Phase.

Note that the transformation interruption for the red named character (Veda) worked well. For the two

others named chararcters (Clint and Eula), we ran out of time to prevent the transformation so I cannot say

if the same issue could occur with these characters.

Hope you could solve this issue ASAP.

EDIT: please note that this bug is easily reproducible: I've just ran the app and virtually played this scenario without the game and the same event occured. Despite I stopped the all four transformations using the proper statuettes, Merle Garvin transforms into a Snake-Person during a next Mythos Phase.

Edited by Mickski

Why is it so long to approve my post above?!

Platform: iOS 13.3 (iPad)

Scenario: Behind Closed Doors

Played: 1/26/2020

When the scenario had progressed into the Basement, interacting with Gabriel Carrillo gave the options for him to interact with “the painting” (which had been revealed) and “the book” (which had not). After selecting “the book”, the app placed Gabriel’s token in an unrevealed area below the basement (later revealed as The Inner Sanctum).

After clearing every other interactive token on the board over the course of 5 rounds, the only tokens left were the basement door (locked until 2 puzzles were solved) and Gabriel (still working on his task). Gabriel (and therefore the scenario) seemed to be stuck.

I thought it was odd that “the book” was presented as an option when the characters hadn’t yet seen a book...there might be some odd behavior from an option being presented earlier than intended.

Platform: Android (Galaxy Tab A)

Scenario: Dearly Departed

Played: 06.02.2020

The text displayed on the Storage shed/Abandoned Shed tile referring to the door Explore Token is always wrong. It either shows something like SHED_ALT or the monster text that should be triggered when entering the Chapel tile.

Scenario: Into the Dark

Played: 05.02.2020

See attachment

Screenshot_20200201-153206_Mansions of Madness Second Edition.jpg

in "Cycle of of Eternity"

ran into something in this scenario. perhaps this is a known thing, but FFG might want to patch it.. I tried searching the forum for it.

in the master bedroom the 2 search tokens seem to be switched. one at the table space refers to the bed, the other in the bed space refers to the table.

pretty sure it's supposed to be matching no?

Edited by stormquiver
On 2/6/2020 at 9:00 PM, Anjin2808 said:

Scenario: Dearly Departed

Played: 06.02.2020

The text displayed on the Storage shed/Abandoned Shed tile referring to the door Explore Token is always wrong. It either shows something like SHED_ALT or the monster text that should be triggered when entering the Chapel tile.

Scenario: Into the Dark

Played: 05.02.2020

See attachment

Screenshot_20200201-153206_Mansions of Madness Second Edition.jpg

I'm so sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm playing the German version of the game and it seems that those problems only occur when "German" is selected 🙄 , the English version seems to be fine.

Edit: Into the Dark is fixed. Thanks! Dearly Departed is still buggy .

Edit 2: See attachment. It's wrong in every variant.

MansionsofMadness_DearlyDeparted.png.1c8637eb48ac1f5a11245c26dcdf1c3b.png

Edited by Anjin2808

Scenario: What Lies Within

Played: 11.02.2020

This time, I checked first and the problem occurs in both English and German. As far as I know, there is supposed to be a PotS map variant for What Lies Within , but for the life of me, I can't get it to run. I must have restarted said scenario more than 60 times with only base game and PotS enabled and it simply won't show up (I have also reinstalled the app three times). Statistically speaking, that should be almost impossible. Could you check that out? (Anyone else with that problem around?)

Edited by Anjin2808
On 8/24/2017 at 4:34 AM, chesko said:

I agree. This is an important bug. Happens to me in a Minix Android box.

The game won't work in any Android Box (or Android Smart TV).

Why?

The app doesn't support any kind of controller that is not the touchscreen.
Any kind of mouse, keyboard or gamepad doesn't work.
When you run the app in devices that don't have a touchscreen, you cannot click in any part of the screen and the game gets stuck in the first screen (you need to click to advance or choose options in the main menu).
Even if you connect a mouse, you see the pointer moving, and the clicks are recognized everywhere except inside the game.
Those devices are the most suitable ones to run the game, but won't work in them until this is fixed.
Regards.

This bug remains to this date. My bluetooth mouse won't work with the app. Only the touchscreen works.

I wish they fixed that.

Platform : Steam (v1.8.5)

Scenario : Escape from Insmouth (Streets of Arkham variant)

Played : 03-08-2020

Looks like the Streets of Arkham map variant uses some of the Base Game events: We had two different Mythos events reference tiles not on the board.

• One affected all investigators on the "Street Corner 2 ( base game )" tile (the flip side of it, "Entry Hall", was already in play)
  • The other affected Tommy Muldoon needing to move 2 spaces towards the "Storefront ( base game )" tile, which never got to the board at all (this map variant uses the "Magic Shop" instead)

I don't know if this thread is still monitored, but hope this helps

During the round 8 Mythos event of the "Rising Tide" scenario, we were instructed to place darkness in and suffer horror if in two rooms, but the names of the rooms were duplicates.

It read:
"The shadows that cling to the ground here owe nothing to the clouds above. Place Darkness in each space in the Billiards Rooms and Billiards Room. Then each investigator in the Billiards Room or Billiards Room suffers 2 facedown Horror (will negates)."

Screenshot_2020-04-06-15-02-06.thumb.jpg.d4cf201b30f964726a03808db6efa02d.jpg

This was in version v1.8.6(906) of the Mansions of Madness app on Android.

I've attached both a screenshot and a zip file containing the Android save file immediately following the event.

SavedGame.zip

The statistics of our scenario are as listed below:

Investigators:

• Jenny Barnes (The Dilettante)
  • Lily Chen (The Martial Artist)

Starting Items:

• Lead Pipe
  • Incriminating Evidence
  • Antivenom
  • Feed the Mind
  • Lucky Rabbit's Foot

Revealed Rooms:

• Lobby
  • Lounge
  • Office
  • Billiards Rooms
  • Town Square
  • Street 1
  • Street 2
  • Street Corner 1
  • Street Corner 2

Acquired Items:

• .18 Derringer
  • Whiskey

Hope that helps! Thank you and be well.
- S.

Hi.

The Android TV + Wireless/BT Mouse bug still persists.

Descent: Road to Legend was able to fix theirs.

[Disregard... posted in wrong thread]

Edited by TwiceBorn
On 6/30/2019 at 3:57 AM, DMG said:

Platform: iOS (iPad).

Mission: Murder on the Stargazer Majestic

We just "finished" Murder on the Stargazer Majestic & encountered a game breaking bug at the end that made us unable to win:

Exact same problem on steam with Windows 10 laptop.

Platform: iPad Air gen 8

Played: dec 12, 2020

Having problems with the app. Re-installed but the problems are still there. Everything connected to the Path of the Serpent expansion shows text like shown in the picture attached. Played What Lies Within last night and had Ursula Downs as one of the characters and every time her name was shown it was shown as INVESTIGATOR_URSULA_DOWNS and every time some monster from the Serpent expansion showed up there was never any text describing the attack or movement or anything but something like MONSTER_FEATHERED_SERPENT_MOVE_21.

Starting a scenario from the Serpent expansion doesn't show any introductory text but CUTSCENE_LST_PROLOGUE_01 etc. Getting information about a tile to be placed shows the name of the tile like TILE_STATUE_CHAMBER_MAD28 etc.

Pic_MoM.PNG

Edited by PappaP
Added platform used