2 Sisters of Battle Looking for a play by post Game

By Servant of Dante, in Dark Heresy Play By Mail/Email

So Sister Superior Inellia of the Order of the Valorous Heart and the Ordo Hereticus, is gonna take a little longer than I thought to rebuild properly. I burned through the 14k getting her statistics and wounds were they were. She'll need....a lot more lol. Oh well.

Ok, Hive city can work as well. Definitely with the idea that I had brewing in my head.

Ignore that thing I said about an Influence check. That was something left over from a game I ran a while ago. Must have kept it in my head for some reason.

I ran the Haarlock Trilogy, and we eventually transfered characters over. So when we remade them I let them make a requisition test to acquire a powerful item they would've had but lost during creation.

Sorry to confuse you Dante.

Lol. Well I guess just build Inellia up with the abilities she needs and then you can just use whatever XP she ends up at to judge when you can use her.

I'd personally rather see her less and have her with all her abilities than see an underpowered version of her more often.

Thanks for putting in all that work! Let me know if you want me to do anything or need any help.

Edited by Servant of Dante

At this point I'm curious as to how much XP it would take to rebuild a pre built ascension level character so I'll finish it up over the weekend if I can.

For now there are those smaller things on the list I can do.

Even then I can just use her for a small interaction without stats, what I had in mind for her wasn't likely to turn into a firefight....hopefully.

But the 14k did get like all the stats and wounds done. So I'd like to hope about 14k more would handle the rest, but who knows I'm thinking ~30k should be enough

Awesome! I'm excited to see what you come up with!

Dante do you know what Lyn is doing on their trip by chance? Or was it just a trip for travel's sake?

I've seen this one before. Not super into the faces they are making, especially the one licking her lips (I refer you to all the issues I have with the sexualization of Sisters), although I grant this is rather innocent.

;)

As for the Sisters' beauty in the art -- I think to a degree it makes sense. They also have to fill a representational role not just for the Ecclesiarchy but mankind as a whole, the epitome of purity and .. well, an "angelic" appearance. A bit like statues come to life.

It greatly depends on age and experience, too, though. Unlike with the official images, fan art usually ignores the battle-scarred, wrinkled veterans. For sadly all too obvious reasons.

Hmm, trying to figure out a good way to post images to the forums

On a sidenote, I haven't thought about this before, but the forum-based game should give us many options to supplement narrative descriptions with images! Be it the GM posting maps or "impressions" of places and people, or players posting images of gear/mementos and contacts. :)

Dante do you know what Lyn is doing on their trip by chance? Or was it just a trip for travel's sake?

^_^

Oh it'd definitely be one map of the whole battle.

Just each time the initative wrapped back around I'd update, tokens or figures, or dice or something representing the enemies and players and where they are at the current moment. That way we don't have to keep a mind's eye theater of battle situations.

Everything else would be narrative.

But yeah feel free at any time to post an image or something if it comes to mind when we are in the story. Always helps to have a reference. I'm just trying to figure out a good way to get images hosted.

I thought you might be going to Gamescom, let us know if you get the chance to play Dawn of War 3.

Edited by ThenDoctor

Sororitas Holdings in the Calaxis Sector

Abbey of the Dawn - Icanthos

- Order Famulous of the Opening Eye elad by Canoness Goneril

- Order of the Ebon Chalice - Standing force for the Ordo Hereticus - Palantine Rhiannon

The Painted Encarmine Hospice - Tranch

The library-keep of the Sanctum Dialogous on Solomon

The Shrine of the Seventeen Martyrs on the agri-moon of Gallowglass in the Malfi system which houses a commandery of the Order Militant of the Bloody Rose.

The Battle Sisters based here have seen extensive combat in recent years at the request of the Holy Ordos and the Ministorum. This has lead to Canoness Livia petitioning her superiors on Ophelia VII to reinforce the shrine into a full preceptory of the Order,

Edited by ThenDoctor

I can definitely see you guys being part of a force of the Order of the Bloody rose being attached to an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor to investigate the Askellon since the Calaxis seems to be the main staging ground for investigations in there. (Askellon being relatively empty)

Of course however, you may choose as you please. I just think it would be a little logical for your characters to have been posted a little closer to Askellon.

As novices, the impression is that we aren't part of a specific order yet.

Oh I see, I thought novices were put into an order and had to work to earn their rank. Not that the novices were kept somewhere and trained and then placed within an order.

They are trained at one of the 2 main convents, and a portion stay there as part of one of thenmajor orders. Others go to one of the minor orders.

Waiting on Lynata for confirmation . . . XD

Hey that's fair, like I said earlier in the thread I do not know enough about the Sororitas to say a lot with a large amount of authority and I give way to more informed telling me as such.

Weasels, do you have an idea of where your character is from? Or were they picked because they seem to specialize in knowledge of Askellon? Or was it more because they are an experienced hunter, and that experience is useful with 2 novice sororitas members?

I think my character is from Thaur, one of the shrine worlds detailed in the core rulebook. It's basically a mausoleum planet where many of the sector's elite are buried. Most of the populace spends their time constructing, maintaining, and holding vigil over the numerous tombs. Balthazar's Infused Knowledge comes from his familiarity with the lives and works of the dead interred on his home world.

There's an origin path for Thaur described in Forgotten Gods where the planet is featured heavily in the finale adventure if I remember correctly.

Let me know if you have it or not and I'll at least post the changes to the homeworld.

There's an origin path for Thaur described in Forgotten Gods where the planet is featured heavily in the finale adventure if I remember correctly.

Let me know if you have it or not and I'll at least post the changes to the homeworld.

I don't have Forgotten Gods, what are the changes?

I'll have to do it after work, but I think I might get caught up in something so I'll definitely get it done this weekend along with some other stuff.

If I remember right it's just the home world's ability.

Homeworld bonus changes as follows:

The Dead are Watchful:

The first time a character from Thaur suffers Critical damage each session, after determining and resolving the Critical Effect, he gains back one spent Fate Point (this cannot exceed his Fate threshold).

Hmm they did say that some of the newer stuff looked a lot like my divination table when I made it in the first place...

Would you like some more of the planetary info dump that was provided in the adventure on Thaur?

Yes, my auto quill stands ready for an info dump!

Ill pm it to you when i get the chance. There was a decent amount and ive got to siphon out the stuff related to the adventure.

Message sent, let me know if you got it Weasels.

Alright, cobbled together the Seraphim Jump Pack. Here it is:

Seraphim Jump Pack

15 kg

Extremely Rare

Requirements: Sororitas Power Armor, Operate (Aeronautica) Skill

More streamlined and stylized, this jump pack is based off the same technology used by the Space Marines. The design has the added effect of giving the Adepta Sororitas the appearance of avenging angelic hosts. The aggressive use of them by the Sororitas has made that design work tremendously well. Aside from the normal usage, an alternate tactic, seen in the re-consecrating of Pilgrims' Pause, was as a lateral boost redeploy Seraphim strike teams while staying behind cover.

This model allows a safe descent from any height, along with an unlimited series of short jumps, and and travel in any direction without regard for obstacles of up to double their Base Movement, avoiding any ground obstacles and landing at the end of each Round's movement.

Alternatively, the pack can use maximal thrust to duplicate the Flyer (12) trait for up to a minute before the turbines require a minute to cool.

Edited by ThenDoctor

I got the message, thanks!

Well I was close to right, final XP count for Inellia is 32250. Some talents and skills didn't make it. And a lot of the Faith Power effects didn't either, but hey what can you do.

Just finishing up gear now.