2 Sisters of Battle Looking for a play by post Game

By Servant of Dante, in Dark Heresy Play By Mail/Email

EDIT (8/13/16): We have found a GM(!), and they have capped the game at 3 players; all player slots are currently full.

@Lynata and I are looking for a Play-by-Post game of DH 2E where we can each run a Sister of Battle. That's about all there is to it!

Please leave a reply or send one (or preferably both) of us a PM if you need two players such as us for a play-by-post campaign, or if you have questions.

Thanks!

Edited by Servant of Dante

Well. I have DH1 group. And you can totally join on current play.

Campaign info:

* POST BY PLAY GAME
* Will consist of approximately VIII parts, which can stand alone on its own.
* In players absence, GM-less system will be used to further their actions
* Secret player character sheets (google docs)
* Rolling will be done mostly by Rolz.org.
* Players should regularly post.
* Game is not limited to how many players can join, because of GM-less system.
* 7000 xp for starting (expect to get an oppurtunity to ascend)
* Active Rolls may be done by everyone himself. If I get to think someone is cheating...well let's say those will feel the emperors wrath. If you dont want to roll by yourself, just leave the roll out and I will do it (as I have to interpret the non-combat rolls anyway, this mostly should be easier). example: (Tech Use,Int 40, assist +10, difficulty +0, total=50) and explain what one is doing.
* There will be a forum.
* For character creation, the standard rolling system or point allocation can be used (start value 20 [might be modified by homeworld] with 100 points to allocate). Wounds always take the average, fate points will be rolled by me. There is one exception: no final characteristic value may exist double at the end (so, strength 40 and toughness 40 would not be possible, but strength 40 and toughness 39 would be ok). Alos, no less than 1 and no more than 20 points on single characteristic. This is to counter artificial min/maxing.
* All dh1 splatboots
* More or less, there is an open world. You can do anything you want, though think of consequences and some things are inevitable.

• Backpack halves the weight of items
  • Carry limits one step down than normal
  • Characteristics can be rolled or used with point buy
  • Basic accurate weapons need to be braced to benefit from bonus damage (bulging biceps does not work here)
  • Agility limits for armour from DH2 game are imported here and used accordingly. Also, they are 5 lower than in DH2. (e.g. Ag-Limit 50 becomes Limit 45)
  • Horde rules from BC
  • Expanded Perils of the Warp, Corruption, Insanity tables
  • Equipment from all books (DH1, DH2, RT, BC, DW, OW), though non DH1 only with GM's discretion
  • If 100 CP reached, instead of removed from play, characters will be able to play with additional BC rules.
  • Throne gelts normally, but with hibrid influence system (dh1 and dh2)
  • Voidships and their combat from RT
  • Everything here is with GM's approval.
  • Additional careers: Commissar, Exorcist, Imperial Medic, Sister of Silence, Bounty Hunter, Infiltrator, Tech-guard
  • Alternative ranks: Moiran-bound, Imperial Relcamation service, Man-hunter, Templar Marus
  • Other: Enumerations of Chaos, True Snipers
  • Additional Psychic disciplines: Cryomancy, Geomancy, Singers of the Nemourus
  • Additional Homeworlds: Fervious,
  • Elite advances: Thysian sisterhood, Blighted Chirurgeon
  • Special: Knight
  • My own Experimental: Alternative rank, Cult of the Pure Muscle (aka Muscle Wizard)
  • Abhuman character guides: Afriel strain, beastmen, Felinids, Longshanks, Neandors, Nightsiders, Ogryn, Pelagers, ratlings, Scalies, Squats, Troth
  • Xenos character guides: Brachyura, Caryatid, Demiurg, Hrud, Jokaero, Lacrymole, Loxatl, Nicassar, Rak'Gol, Slan, Sslyth, Stryxis,Tarellian, Thyrrus, Vespid
  • Eldar character guide: Guardians, Corsairs, Dark reaper, Fire dragon, howling Banshee, Shadow Spectre, Striking Scorpion, Swooping Hawk, Warp Spider, Autarch, Wraithguards, Wraithlord
  • Some Orks
Hi there!

Thanks a lot for the interest and your detailed description. We were looking primarily for a DH2 game, but after discussing things a little, we *might* go for DH1 as well -- although we are a bit skeptical in regards to all the additional character types you listed. Some of them (SoS, and possibly the houserule ones) may contradict our own interpretation of the setting, whereas others (Xenos, the two BC characters mentioned to Servant of Dante) sound as if they'd make it unlikely for our characters to work with them.

Do you have a link to a thread with an ongoing game so we could take a better look at its atmosphere? Also, what do you mean with GM-less play?

Hi,

I suspect and believe that You have a very good understanding about all sisterhood and 40k from your posts I have read in the past.

Even though, I included many fan made material (Third link in signature), nobody have chosen it so far from 9 player base (though we have about 6 without me now).

We don't have any xeno character, but two BC yes. Anybody who would reach 100cp would become BC character. Actually, no one knows who are who and there are two individual groups for that matter. 7000xp is starting experience which allows 4 archetypes from BC as a starting characters without additional xp.

So, that means you won't work with all of them.

To get the idea of GM-less, you can look into https://www.rpgsolo.com as a simulator. I and several other players have ran BC Campaign (first link in signature) fully GM-less, when everybody used simulator and interpreted the results. You can read the results in that forum.

The current campaign have secret threads, but here I post some excerpt from "Welcoming" thread:

GM_Rese

You failed your inquisitor Jana Yx'es in Tygris IV planet to stop a heretic. For this reason you were forced into penal indoctrination by temporal reassignment to another Lord Inquisitor Staven Arcturos. Also, you received a old man Navigator for travel through the warp and enough preprogramed servitor crew to man an archeotech inquisitorial Retcon Class inter-planetary Pattern Cutter "Slingshot" capable of warp travel.
You, Ulrich, Sari, Docile and several others are currently in inquisitor's room and heard the last briefing. Inquisitor looks angry.
Inez and Black enters the quarters and greats the inquisitor.
"Just about time you came. Sister Inez and Black, your new task stands here." with a smirk Jana shows towards standing ones. "The navigator will guide take you to the specific location. Ensure they and this dataslate reach the destination. " with those words ending, a servo golden skull flies nearly giving the dataslate to Black. "Inquisitor Arcturos will provide further instructions."
Sister Valencia
Sister Inez Valencia snaps to attention, her armoured thighs clanging together.
There is not anything too peculiar about this Battle Sister, as no features can be distinguished under her helmet. Her armour is painted in the colours of the Order of the Sacred Rose, but it is noticeably worn-down and lacks any notable heraldry from the order.
"Yes, Madam Inquisitor. We will ensure that they arrive safely."
Valencia extends her hand out towards Jana, palm outstretched, waiting for the dataslate.
"Black" Jack Deckard
The one everyone can assume is "Black" (he certainly is not Sister Inez) smiles as he holds up the dataslate at eye-level, shakes it for a few seconds, before sliding the small device in an inner vest-pocket. He is smartly dressed in a grey, pin-striped, three-piece suite, which he wears as easily as his soft smile.
"Inquisitor Yx'es, it is always a pleasure to see you, you look lovely as ever. You can count on me to deliver all four packages." His voice is as easy-going as the rest of his appearance, though slightly hoarse. With a twinkle in his eyes, he focusses his gaze to the three people standing in front of the Inquisitor and asks: "So, do you have names you prefer to be called by, or are you as eager as the good Sister here, to get this over and done with?" He ends his sentence with a wink and an even broader smile then before.
Sari Ibric
The young dark skinned and white haired woman in Tech-Priest vestments and with a large great sword strapped to her back steps forward, there is very little in the way of mechanical enhancements to see on her as she smiles and gives a slight bow in greeting, before stating in well spoke High Gothic, "My name is Factor Sari Ibric, but please feel free to address me as Sari fine sir."
Now finished with her greeting Sari once more takes a step back to join the other two individualizes who were standing in front of the Madam Inquisitor, her eyes never quite meeting the Inquisitor's as she keeps her head slightly bowed and eyes looking down when even the Inquisitor come into view.
GM_Rese
"Charming as always, Black. But I am afraid, there is no time for chitchat for the very pressing matters are at hand. Use my Personal voidship." Jana heartly replied to Black.
"Dissmissed" Jana shushed as she walked to her throne near table work with various documents.
torwi1(Ulrich)
Ulrich is a tall and muscular man standing along with the others while wearing his more "Casual" Clothing which is a Uniform he has had for quite some time. After hearing the Order from Jana he gives a quick salute before he turns around proceeding towards the door to get his gear ready for when they move out.
"I look forward to extend more formal introductions when we fly out"
Sari Ibric
Sari turns and bows deeply and hold it for a second in the direction of the Madam Inquisitor Jana Yx'es before standing stating in a clear polite voice, "May the pure calculating logic of Omnissiah always be a guide for you Madam Inquisitor."
With that Sari turns about and walks out of the room her vestments flowing about her giving off a hit to the curves hidden underneath and as she leave not only is the large greatsword hung over her right should clearly visible so is the las pistol strapped to the small of her back. She walk with purpose but unhurried as she leaves the room smiling and giving a slight bow of her head in greeting to all those she walks past and up next too, and as she leaves the room anyone standing next to her can hear her say to herself, "And may Omnissiah see fit to guide me better in the service of my new master, this I pray."
Christina LaSalle Corbiatte
With a flourish of her overly large hat, Christiana LaSalle Corbiatte bows to the gathered acolytes. "A pleasure to make your acquaintances gentlemen. Sister. Adept. I look forward to working with you." She replaces the hat atop her head and flashes a wry smile that says she now believes she's seen it all with the motley crew she finds herself part of.
"Let's be about it, shall we?"
"Right now, heretics and xenos are planning to destroy the Imperium. There are plots and treacheries occuring all across the sector... and people that I work with may be involved in both. I am Inquisitorial Agent Christiana LaSalle Corbiatte, and this is the longest day of my life."
GM_Rese
With a light head bow towards Jana others too, left the room.
Inquisitor was too angry or maybe worried to reply and just continued her reading. Jana's behaviour is not usual.
Inez, Black, Sari, Ulrich, Christiana and Docile already knew the path to the docks. Just tracing red carpets and golden navigational signs. Though, for still new ones such us Inez and Black, there was a lot to see. The Ships interior could be mistaken for nobles palace, if not for lord of Terra house. Crew itself operated in utmost disciplined manner. Commissars would be jealous if not for unnecessary garments and what nots.
The ship itself was not big, so only after 15 minutes, acolytes were already in docks where several 5 gun cutters could be seen. One of them was in black mate colour and one could even smell fresh paint in the air. Several guards stand nearly in formation to the ships entry.
121 Docile Blossom
She is flame.
The vaguely androgynous figure in the corner is in repose, on her knees in something a little too rapturous to be attention, a little too ecstatic to be prayer. She sways once, twice, before - well, not standing, but flowing to her feet like newly kindled fire.
And like any flame, she brings warmth. She smiles affectionately at Inquisitor and acolytes alike, all openness and hope radiating from a face that seems untouched by the Grim Darkness of the Forty First Millennium. There’s something a little … off, about her though. Chems, maybe? She seems paper-thin, as substantial as the flame from a devotional candle, and has a kind of pliant, welcoming, obliviousness to her that suggests that something’s missing.
‘By His grace, I am One Hundred Twenty One Docile Blossom Vanquishes Untruth, ‘f it please you. Docie for short. ’s’ wonderful to be with y’all.’
That seems to be it for the moment, the effort (?) of her introduction seeming to have quite drained her. Smiling, she slips into the wake of the party, drawn in by the faintest slip-stream of their passage, billowing along in the other acolytes’ wake.
~~~
Docile Blossom continues to drift along in the wake of the other acolytes, moving a little faster than her graceful stance might suggest. She’s wreathed in robes like pale flame, some clinging tightly to her slender mannequin-like frame, others trailing behind her. She carries a short blade - a curved sacatripé - pinned to her belt, and a small valise, but is otherwise travelling light.
‘Ain’t this just the grandest thing? Each one of us - well, we failed her. But what’s worse - we failed Him. Each and every one of us had our duty, we had the task that we were made to perform, an’ we jus’ blew it. You, sister -‘
One gloved hand billows lazily out towards the Sister, almost brushing one ceramite-clad arm.
‘You, brother -‘
Her other hand reaches out, almost-touching-without-touching brother Black - a kindly gesture, of sympathy in self-acknowledged and repenting sin.
‘We’re all damned. Or we might’ve been. We’ve gotten ourselves another chance! Penitence! Redemption! We have hope, brothers and sisters, hope - we need only let ahselves be grasped by it!’
Her voice rises with a kind of easy fervour, cracking slightly as she talks. It’s not the voice of a preacher - it lacks the distinct stentorian tenor of a truth child of the Ministorum - but in its rawness there’s a kind of demotic power to it. She grins, simply, childishly, happy with it, with the promise of salvation that life or death in the service of a greater power offers.
‘Let’s swear it, in his name. Ah know some of y’all -‘
A hand to Sari, then another to Ulrich.
‘Might not set much stock in all this high-falutin’ Ministorum script, but He Who Sits on the Throne has stock in you, and it’d mean so **** much to me were we to join in prayer, to consecrate this endeavour. What about you, guards, people of the Throne - join us in dedicating ourselves to this journey?’
She flashes a smile - broader this time, thin deflated lips peeling back over a single punishment-strip of some paie ceramic where her teeth should be - and looks invitingly at the guards to the nearby ships.
"Black" Jack Deckard
Standing at ease, Jack listens to those present make their introductions, with a faint smile spread across his face. When Sari turns, his gaze follows the curves and the swagging of her figure, making no effort to hide his interest, he returns the smile with a broad grin as she passes him.
Snapping out of his entrancement when the Inquisitor tells him they can use her personal voidship, before she leaves the room, Jack nods to Ulrich and Christiana, who both seem eager to get started. Looking over at Sister Inez, his fellow “caretaker”, he invites her to lead the way with him with a subtle raise of his eyebrows and a nod of his head. As they walk through the ornate halls, he bemusedly listens to “Doci's” delirious murmurings, while making small talk with Sister Inez as he tries to catch a glimpse of her personality. If the two of them are going to be working together, making sure the rest of the group get to Inquisitor Arcturos, it was for the best he knew what to expect from his partner.
As they reach the hangar, Jack tunes in long enough to Doci's prattling to catch that she intends to start a prayer session. Just in time, Jack clears his throat, flashes a smile and chimes in:
“What a wonderful idea, miss One Two One, I suggest you and Sister Inez here take the lead, while I'll go ahead and make sure our ship is ready for launch. You heard the sweet Inquisitor: time is of the essence.”
Without waiting for a reply, he spins around resolutely and starts walking towards the group of guards standing sentry near the newly-painted cutter. Almost as an afterthought, he looks back over his should and calls out:
“Miss Ibric, would you care to join me in the ship's inspection?”
If she moves to join him, Jack waits for her to catch up, before asking the ranking guard: “My friend, do you happen to know if this is Inquisitor Yx'es' ship? We are to meet up with the navigator and be on our way.” Adding a smile, and a short pause, he ads for good measure: “Very important mission.” As he nods his head to Factor Sari, as if he was trying to impress upon the guard her immense importance.
Sister Valencia
The armour-clad Sister marches after Docile, awkwardly forcing her way between Docile and the more motley-looking members of the cell. The enormous double-barreled boltgun slung to her side swings back and forth with each heavy step. Her gaze (if you can call it that from behind a helmet) slowly scans the surroundings, taking great care to look each acolyte up-and-down.
Sari Ibric
Sari smiles polity at Docie as she listened quietly to the woman talking as the group make their way down the hallways towards the ship docks. Although some in the group may find the slip of a woman continues talking intrusive or annoying there is nothing in Sari’s manner or smile that would indicate that she does as she even makes the necessary minimal verbal and non-verbal response to constitute social acceptability in the situation. There is only one slip in her social acceptable responses and that is when Docie bring up the fact that they have a chance at redemption nearly interrupts the young woman with the comment.
“Redemption, yes an illogical chance we were given and one I will not squander.” Sari says with a hardness not heard by the others in her voice before falling silent to listen quietly to Docie’s talks once more.
Once they arrive at the ship docks and Docie offers to the lead the group in prayer, even going so far as to make sure to note that Sari herself was include in this, Sari smiles and is about to respond when gentleman who had been identified as Black by the Inquisitor calls over to Sari asking if she wished to accompany him as he checked out the ship, an invitation that Sari quickly calculated from his previous looks had more to do with desired inner personal social interactions than any skill she may have in regards to inspecting the ship. Sari was unsure why an inspection of the ship was necessary as she knew that any knowledge needed in regard to determine to space worthiness of the vessel could be gleaned from engaging in the proper prayers, and interactions with the ships machine spirit. Sari passed for a moment taking just a second to compute further social perimeters that may be at play here before she made up her mind and turned to Docie.
“Miss Docie, I appreciate your offer and your attempt to include me in such social group bonding event of importance, but it seems that Mister Black has need of my presence at the moment, if you will pardon me.” Sari says with a low bow to Docie and then another slight bow to the rest of the group before she walks with unhurried but measured steps that seem to quickly glide her across the deck towards Jack, who is waiting by several guards.
As Sari arrives she smiles politely to Jack and the guards standing in neat and nice mathematical pleasing formation that brings a little more light to her smile as she bows in greets to them. Sari then turns to Jack as says, “Mister Black you have requested my presence and I am currently in compliance with such a request, I hope that I am of some assist in your inspection of the ship sir.”
GM_Rese
"Sir, yes, sir!" guard responded loudly without changing his stance. Perfection from Schola Progenium training. Neither seductive Docile nor any other could move his concentration on stance and execution of orders. Ignorance is a bliss. He only cared for readying the ship and reception of Emperor's servants. "Navigator is waiting and ship is ready to launch, Sir."
Sister Valencia
As Sari and Black begin their inspection of the ship, Sister Valencia joins Docile in prayer outside. Thus far, this is the most talkative she has been this entire time.
"My glorious Emperor, please grant us safe passage on this journey we take in Your service. We will see to it that Your foes are vanquished in holy light and Your servants delivered from damnation."

Updated original post.

Don't happen to still be looking by chance?

I can't say I have a terrible amount (read any) prepared, but the thought of getting to run with Lyn playing a sister is a bit too much to pass up. I'm in between games currently, so I have lots of time to catch up on DH2 again

Edit:

I can tell you right now, Tuesday evenings I will always be busy for the foreseeable future (this is my game night in real life and just general hanging out evening).

Edited by ThenDoctor

I'd be interested in playing a PbP game as well. I could play as another Sister or Ecclesiarchy-themed character, or I could be the ex-smuggler who is the polar opposite of a Sister in every way :)

Don't happen to still be looking by chance?

I can't say I have a terrible amount (read any) prepared, but the thought of getting to run with Lyn playing a sister is a bit too much to pass up. I'm in between games currently, so I have lots of time to catch up on DH2 again

Edit:

I can tell you right now, Tuesday evenings I will always be busy for the foreseeable future (this is my game night in real life and just general hanging out evening).

Awesome! We are absolutely still looking. As for schedule conflicts, we are looking for a Play by Post campaign, so that shouldn't be a problem, as long as you are OK doing play-by-post.

I know I'm excited to get going on my character, so do you have an idea of how you are going to do character creation (stat-gen method, how to handle rolls, etc.)?

I'd be interested in playing a PbP game as well. I could play as another Sister or Ecclesiarchy-themed character, or I could be the ex-smuggler who is the polar opposite of a Sister in every way :)

I personaly would be happy to have a few non-Sister characters to interact with. Beyond that, well, I don't want to tell you what to do. :lol:

I'll pass all of this along to Lynata, in case she hasn't already seen it.

I personaly would be happy to have a few non-Sister characters to interact with.

Oh, a 100% Sisters-campaign in the spirit of "Faith & Fire" might be a fun experiment, too! Probably more difficult to run, I wager. ;)

But if it were up to me, I'm fine with whatever. A character from elsewhere in the Ministorum could be just as interesting, as would the "classic" composition of Acolytes from a wild mixture of backgrounds, such as the aforementioned smuggler. I guess it should depend on the style of campaign ThenDoctor would want to go for!

I personaly would be happy to have a few non-Sister characters to interact with.

Oh, a 100% Sisters-campaign in the spirit of "Faith & Fire" might be a fun experiment, too! Probably more difficult to run, I wager. ;)

But if it were up to me, I'm fine with whatever. A character from elsewhere in the Ministorum could be just as interesting, as would the "classic" composition of Acolytes from a wild mixture of backgrounds, such as the aforementioned smuggler. I guess it should depend on the style of campaign ThenDoctor would want to go for!

Absolutely. I'm up for whatever the GM and the other players want.

Quick update ffg is blocking my ip access for the community hub right now so i am essentially dead in the water.

Whenever i try to get access to the community hub in any way i get a block from cloudfront.

Dont know whats up with that started happening after i tried to change my profile pick.

Sure weasels you can play, but lets lock it at 3 players for now.

Character gen. Point buy start at 25.

Max fate threshold is 5 max wounds are 25.

I trust you to be honest when rolling.

Id like your characters connected to one another in some way.

And answer these questions about your inquisitor please.

Which ordo

Any specific threat from that ordo?

Radical or puritan

To what degree

General disposition

Did they personally contact you?

Do they. Communicate in person or through proxy?

Are the subtle or overt in investigations?

Do they trust you or keep their warband at a distance?

Edited by ThenDoctor

Are we looking to jump to SoB advanced role straight out of the gate or just sororitas members hopeful to become full SoB?

Note i edited the earlier post, accidentally put stats start at 30 and meant 25 as in book.

Also if youll allow the narcissistic indulgence, you might use my expanded divination table. Linked in my sig liked by Tim Huckelbery himself!

Even if not using the table i usually allow you to roll the d100 and choose one result like a 29 is a 29 or 92. But thats just to give you some choice and is not necessary if you dont want it.

Posting from mobile. Supposedly the lockout lasts 2-4 hours.

I feel like an Inquisitor with at least 2 Sisters in their Acolyte cell would likely be a rather Puritan member of the Ordo Hereticus. As for the other questions, we can discuss our options.

While I find it slightly annoying that RAW you can't start with the Battle Sister role, I will absolutely bend to Lynata's experience with FFG RPGs on this one!

Also, I need to refresh my memory on the way 2E Sisters work to make sure it is actualy annoying like I seem to think it is . . .

The rumors were true, never change your profile pic, mainly because I don't think it will let you.

From what I remember 2E sisters act more aligned with the BoM sisters from DH1, but not as overtly. Like a middleground? But I don't remember I didn't look too heavily into it.

Once we get the preliminary stuff figured out here I'll make another thread that will be the actual game. So we have all the time we wish.

If you can manage it as well, see if you can't make sure your planet of origin is within the sector. I like being able to tie stuff like that back in. Background's nice basically.

Updated original post.

Uh, I also have to point out that I'm actually going to be in Cologne, Germany next week. Once I get back (Monday the 22nd), I think I can promise to post at least once daily, though!

And answer these questions about your inquisitor please.

Here's my initial thoughts, although I want to stress that this is in no way a definite demand but rather a list of thoughts off the top of my head. I'd like to see what the other two are thinking about the questions.

I agree with Weasels that a Puritan OH would probably make the most sense. Other options are possible, but the Convocation of Nephilim and a Sororitas probably taking offence at a Radical's
practices would suggest against them.
In terms of the Inquisitor's general disposition, I'd say it could be up to the GM, as long as it fits their Ordo and theological views? There's so many interesting options, I'd be hard pressed to decide here, but maybe one of the others has a preference.
I wouldn't mind either a subtle or an overt investigation style, as they both have their own advantages in making for interesting games. I'd even suggest leaving this one to Weasel's choice of character: He might roll a fanatic Redeemer-style witch hunter who is going to amplify the Sororitas' own zeal, or he could roll a more pragmatic character that has nothing to do with the Church, and whose synergy with the Sisters consists in actually keeping them in check, whilst using their martial skills to get the job done.
If the Inquisitor really is going to be a Puritan, he's probably going to trust the crew to a degree, as at the very least he can be assured of the Sisters' loyalty (with any distrust being a result of fearing they might go overboard and screw up).
On the flipside, the Inquisitor may just as well be a Radical who intends to use this team as a blunt hammer. In this case, contact between the Inquisitor and the trio would likely be limited and via proxy only.

Are we looking to jump to SoB advanced role straight out of the gate or just sororitas members hopeful to become full SoB?

DH2 RAW seems to suggest aspirants, like the Sororitas Novice in DH1 Inquisitor's Handbook. I was looking forward to give this a try (never played one before) and even have a background from a sheet I never got to use.
That being said, playing Novices means that Servant's character and mine are going to be around 16, 17, which should be okay or even interesting in a larger group, but might seem a bit young for the majority of an investigative team. I guess it depends on the character Weasels would play? I feel we'd need someone with a certain "veterancy" in the group, but at the same time I wouldn't want to impose such requirements on someone elses character, and depending on the environment/task, a bunch of teenagers could actually be the perfect cover. Besides, in this setting I've seen Guardsmen who are younger.
If, on the other hand, we're jumping to the Advanced Role, that would of course necessitate starting us off at a higher XP count. An advantage would be that the characters would have a little bit more room for diversity in terms of role, equipment and personality development, not to mention more years for a common background.
Ultimately, I suppose I wouldn't mind; either option would make me happy!

Also if youll allow the narcissistic indulgence, you might use my expanded divination table. Linked in my sig liked by Tim Huckelbery himself!

Absolutely! :)

Once we get the preliminary stuff figured out here I'll make another thread that will be the actual game. So we have all the time we wish.

Ah, cool! Will that be on this forum, too? I think we might actually be the first ones doing so, even though the description says you can absolutely run games here, too.

If you can manage it as well, see if you can't make sure your planet of origin is within the sector. I like being able to tie stuff like that back in. Background's nice basically.

Well, if we're going by GW fluff, Sororitas are raised in the Schola Progenium from infancy, specifically so they wouldn't have any "outside ties". That being said, I suppose it would be possible for the sector to have its own schola, or an Orders Famulous training facility where the girls may have begun their novitiate?

Any links would still be very slim, but it'd be something at least (an example would be knowing a Drill-Abbot). I reckon this will be much easier for Weasels, depending on their choice of character.

If we're playing fully-fledged Battle Sisters, we could also drop an entire convent in the sector (I'll have to re-read its background, maybe there is one already) and have our characters be posted there following their vows on Terra.

Edited by Lynata

In 2E,any character can start with the Adepta Sororitas background. You start with a smattering of skills and equipment like a member of any other background, and you can choose you home world and role like any other character. You aren't a fully fledged Battle Sister at this point.

When you get a little higher in level, you can choose to take the Battle Sister elite advance. This gives you your signature Godwyn De'az bolt weapon and power armor and allows access to all the cool special talents.

I actually like this system a lot, as it let's you get all the cool Battle Sister toys without overpowering other characters at low levels.

Concerning your trip

-Yeah that's fine, life finds a way of getting in the way of things, especially games. I expect the character building stuff to take a bit, and there's no need to rush.

Concerning Inquisitorial Stuff

-Inquisitorial stuff is fine, I like having the group make most of the inquisitor because it means we won't get overly clashing ideologies and PCs won't end up trying to kill them.

Concerning starting character level

-Those of you who are playing a Sister are free to decide what you'd like to do. We can easily work it out if you want to start out as a full sister, it's not that much of a jump (a bit of influence sure but hey it's not the end of the world)

Concerning where the game will be

-The game will definitely be on this forum (I was in one eariler but it petered out)

Concerning fluff of background

-Whatever you'd like, you are the resident Sororitas expert. I divert to your knowledge. I can work with anything. It's just nice knowing what I'm working with.

I actually like this system a lot, as it let's you get all the cool Battle Sister toys without overpowering other characters at low levels.

Yep, this is also why I liked it in DH1 Inquisitor Handbook! That one also had a neat explanation just how one such character could find herself in the employ of an Inquisitor.

Plus, after I had mulled it over and wrapped my head around the idea, I've come to think that playing a Novice is also very interesting from a personality point-of-view. I mean, for all intents and purposes you are a crossbreed between a heavily indoctrinated child soldier and Jeanne d'Arc (who, come to think of it, was of the same age ...)

Those of you who are playing a Sister are free to decide what you'd like to do. We can easily work it out if you want to start out as a full sister, it's not that much of a jump (a bit of influence sure but hey it's not the end of the world)

Well, I would probably make it depend on what Weasels wants to play. The way I see it, there's potential for lots of interesting options here. :)

Definitely, well I need to sign off for the even. So feel free to discuss among yourselves the things I've posited earlier and I'll get to any questions you ask bright and early tomorrow.

Evening all, I am excited for the endeavor we are about to engage upon. Well maybe not endeavor, different game ;)

In 2E,any character can start with the Adepta Sororitas background. You start with a smattering of skills and equipment like a member of any other background, and you can choose you home world and role like any other character. You aren't a fully fledged Battle Sister at this point.

When you get a little higher in level, you can choose to take the Battle Sister elite advance. This gives you your signature Godwyn De'az bolt weapon and power armor and allows access to all the cool special talents.

The point about homeworlds was that regardless of what we choose, our characters will have basically no memory of those homeworlds. Also, no one would recognize you, but I suppose if you explained your past in detail a few of your (dead) parent's friends might be able to say "oh, you're that baby," but there wouldn't be any real connection. That being said, I can surely make my homeworld in-sector.

And there's the possibility of a Schola in-sector, as was already mentioned.

Yep, this is also why I liked it in DH1 Inquisitor Handbook! That one also had a neat explanation just how one such character could find herself in the employ of an Inquisitor.

Plus, after I had mulled it over and wrapped my head around the idea, I've come to think that playing a Novice is also very interesting from a personality point-of-view. I mean, for all intents and purposes you are a crossbreed between a heavily indoctrinated child soldier and Jeanne d'Arc (who, come to think of it, was of the same age ...)

Those of you who are playing a Sister are free to decide what you'd like to do. We can easily work it out if you want to start out as a full sister, it's not that much of a jump (a bit of influence sure but hey it's not the end of the world)

Well, I would probably make it depend on what Weasels wants to play. The way I see it, there's potential for lots of interesting options here. :)

I don't think I mentioned it, but I tend to like sticking to RAW, even if I don't like the Rules as they are Written. I'll go with whatever Lynata goes with. The only thing we would need to be "full sisters" is a bit more starting Influence. I am fine being a Novice, like Lynata said, it could be interesting.

I think I'm off to work on my character (I just can't wait)! I'm going to do it Rules As Written (with the expanded Divination table), and I'll just change it if we decide to go in a different direction.

INQUISITOR QUESTIONS:

Which ordo

Probably Hereticus

Do you mean what are we fighting, or that they are threatening us? Well, I'm not sure I have an anwser to either. The reason the Novices are here is because the Inquisitor told them to come with him/her

Radical or puritan

If I find out they are radical, I cannot gaurentee I will not try to shot them in the face.

To what degree

I don't think they need to be too Puritan, but that is up to you. The sisters already have the ultra-puritanical thing covered (at least, mine will) :lol:

General disposition

Um, I'd rather be surprised.

Did they personally contact you?

Hum. I think they selected the Novices by hand (only seems appropriate), but they didn't necessarily come talk to my character personally.

Do they. Communicate in person or through proxy?

Again, surprise me!

Are the subtle or overt in investigations?

I would like to have to so dome subtle investigation, but I agree it depends largely on Weasel's choice of character.

Do they trust you or keep their warband at a distance?

Once again, I'd rather you decide.

Thanks for taking us up on this!

Alright, I'm up. If Weasels is on then all I'd like so far is for him to answer the rest of the questions since it seems we have Lyn and Dante's answers concerning the inquisitor.

And if they have time decide on the kind of character they're gonna run. As it seems so far that Lyn and Dante will be making "novice" Adetus Sororitas (Meaning as I understand it base characters on their path towards getting enough influence to become fully fledged battle sisters). So we just need to know what you're going to make so I can get a good idea of where the rest of the campaign's might be going.

Do you mean what are we fighting, or that they are threatening us? Well, I'm not sure I have an anwser to either. The reason the Novices are here is because the Inquisitor told them to come with him/her

A specific kind of threat that might fall under their domain. Basically it's just a way of asking "Is there a specific kind of enemy or threat you would like to see in the game?"

Would like to ask is this game is full? and is it only sisters?