2 Sisters of Battle Looking for a play by post Game

By Servant of Dante, in Dark Heresy Play By Mail/Email

Take a look at this:

gallery_83651_12132_116102.jpg

2nd Edition Codex: Sisters of Battle page 34

So the only person in the Ecclesiarchy with any authority over the Adepta Sororitas is the Ecclesiarch himself. ^_^ This made me happy when i first saw it.

That doesn't mean a Sister wouldn't seriously consider whatever a Cardinal has to say, as they are a man of the Emperor, and they speak His will (well, the good ones do).

Edit: I'm going to go back to assembling that Rhino as an Immolator (since GW apparently can't be bothered to cast that one clear plastic dome, so they discontinued the kit), but I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Edited by Servant of Dante

Well there's that then.

I'd assume they wouldn't openly disrespect the other members at the very least. They lore in Enemies Within did state that a Sister of Battle essentially has free reign of resources from the Ecclesiarchy when on a mission. So even as novices you've got some clout simply because your of the Sororitas.

As the joke goes: got to spend all that Ecclesiarchal money somehow. I particularly enjoy the gold-plated Sisters idea (as a joke).

That just sounds like GW's ideology behind their model business overall.

The Inquisitor instructed me to provide your character with guidance. Whether or not you listen is entirely up to you :D

I don't know about that, I just think said inquisitor recognized that while a narrow view is good for the soul, a wizened mind will keep less citizens riddled with bullets.

Do not presume to instruct a Sororitas in the ways of piety. How to not got shot in the underhive, well I'm sure they'll appreciate it.

I mean, it's a nice way to get introduced to a lot of new people quickly, and practice your firearms.

If you at some point would like an NPC Hereticus Sister with more experience (for talking to, not nessessary for combat), I would like to offer Sister Superior Inellia's services she is the character I'm using in an upcoming DW campaign, but that campaign could easily be set after whenever you use her. If you are interested, I will put her background here or in a PM. Rules wise she's a 1E ascended character, but her character sheet would be useful to get a feel for her character.

As long as you don't go and get her killed, I would be delighted to see her developed some more.

Sure, feel free to send me the sheet and whatever background you'd like to note on her.

I've been itching to upgrade a 1E character to 2E anyways. And it'd help to have a liason between the Inquisitor and the Warband that the sisters would feel more comfortable with.

Easy Reinforcement character as well.

PM sent! I'd just like to once again ask that you let me at least give you feedback (ooc) if I feel you are misrepresenting her personality.

PM sent! I'd just like to once again ask that you let me at least give you feedback (ooc) if I feel you are misrepresenting her personality.

Wouldn't have it any other way honestly. When I get the chance to I'll rebuild her through Second Edition as best I can and send you what results I come up with.

Ok! Thanks!

Weasel and Dante don't forget that they made the Backround expansions for the various books as well as free supplements.

Nice little fluffy additions to characters and I think the random statistics generation (like height and such), havent looked at them in a while.

Hiyas!

Posting from my smartphone here so I'm gonna keep it brief.

In regards to the Homeworld, I think I actually branstormed a Schola package somewhere -- not saying this is a must, obviously, but if the GM would like the idea ...? Otherwise, in terms of existing HWs, I'd actually say either Fortress or Shrine World. And this should represent the (fairly uniform) Schola education that shaped their initial mindsets; the novitiate itself would confer the AS background.

In regards to Weasel's character, I actually think the Witch Hunter may be a safer option IF you'd play them like a clever bounty hunter type of guy/gal, almost like a junior Inquisitor -- think Kal Jerico or Eisenhorn, just more religious and with a focus on hunting unsanctioned psykers. I say this because even fully fledged Sisters are going to feel somewhat out of their element in civiliab society, and here we have two Novices whose heads still ring with ideas of purity and zeal, and who believe anyone "outside" should conform to their ideals. U think a sort of Handler type of character may be useful to keep them in check; someone with wits and a quick mind, but who also commands respect and submission. In this light, perhaps the Novices could be seen as "backup" for Weasel's character as much as they'd be a responsibility. Just a concern of mine, mind you! It's just that I've always seen a Novice as a useful and interesting sidekick kind of character, yet here we are running the risk of them dominating the game -- which would work in some circumstances, but might be catastrophical in others.

Of course, all of that could also be seen as a challenge. ;)

Fortress worlds dont exist in 2E for homeworlds if I remember, only shrine worlds from that list.

Id rather keep the characters as by the book as i can (excluding the expanded divinations).

Ok weasels, youve heard cases for both types of characters, so i leave the final decision to you. Just let me know what you go with.

Hope you are enjoying your trip Lyn, thanks for the post.

Well, all I was saying is that I was worried that a Witchfinder would be as closed minded as out Sisters.

" . . . IF you'd play them like a clever bounty hunter type of guy/gal, almost like a junior Inquisitor"

but I see Lynata has the same(ish) concern. I'm absolutely fine with whatever Weasels goes with. It could be fun to see 3 overzealous characters wandering around without knowing the meaning of the word stealth, even if they think they do.

You guys do not by any means have to be subtle in your investigations.

If I go with the witch hunter character concept, my character will be more Eisenhorn than Coteaz. I'll be subtle if the investigation requires it, but I do enjoy bringing the Emperor's Wrath down on heretics.

Edited by Covered in Weasels

Fortress worlds dont exist in 2E for homeworlds if I remember, only shrine worlds from that list.

Edited by Lynata

Not sure, I think the Adepta Sororitas Background would cover the education better than the Homeworld would. Though it really depends on what you're going for.

Even then the Role might tackle what you want in terms of martial prowess.

It's Tuesday so I won't be able to do anything this evening, but I'll do my best to look at some stuff tomorrow. If you guys find something feel free to post as well.

Edited by ThenDoctor

Yeah, maybe I just shouldn't take these things so literal. It's mainly a thirst for consistency expecting a certain level of similarity towards other Schola graduates with a different Role and/or Background. Not so relevant for *our* game tho.

Yeah, maybe I just shouldn't take these things so literal. It's mainly a thirst for consistency expecting a certain level of similarity towards other Schola graduates with a different Role and/or Background. Not so relevant for *our* game tho.

Yeah, unfortunately there's only so much 2E covered as of yet (though I doubt we'll get more), but honestly as long as we know where it mechanically came from I don't mind framing it narratively however you like as long as it isn't outlandish or anything.

Whatever makes you enjoy the character, backed up by mechanics.

Let us know what you end up taking Weasels, or an idea on when you'll decide.

Edited by ThenDoctor

I'll probably go with a Shrine world, unless it just will not fit what I am going for mechanically.

It should, the home worlds aren't amazingly important when it comes to the mechanics of the character other than affecting which characteristics have a "+" or "-"

The abilities they give are fairly relative.

Oh and aptitudes, but I think you get more out of background and role if I remember (don't have the book in front of me)

Edited by ThenDoctor