2 Sisters of Battle Looking for a play by post Game

By Servant of Dante, in Dark Heresy Play By Mail/Email

It's going well! I'll have it posted by the end of the day (Eastern US time).

Just a brief status report:

I'm done writing the Birthplace and Schola parts of both Novices' backstory, but still need to write the Novitiate. I'll do so after a bit of sleep, though. Blame Servant for distracting me with an interesting discussion about Acts of Faith and theology in anime. :P

I've already run the Birth section past Servant; I have a feeling that the two of you, Doc and Weasels, will like it as well! ;)

:) Edited by Servant of Dante

Will you be doing an In Character and Out of Character threads? I think that would be useful (that's how I've seen PbP done elsewhere).

I figure we can just keep this thread around for longer ooc discussions. But if it is something that is a quick question or point that wont hinder your post then I've always used double parentheses ((like this)).

I figure we can just keep this thread around for longer ooc discussions. But if it is something that is a quick question or point that wont hinder your post then I've always used double parentheses ((like this)).

OK!

And we're done!

http://dark-heresy.wikispaces.com/Ariel+Damaris

The background can be found at the end of the page.

I contributed Estelia's two quotes at the bottom of the page!

Edited by Servant of Dante

I contributed Estelia's two quotes at the bottom of the page!

Hey, you also helped come up with ideas for incidents during their novitiate. It was a joint effort! ;)

Very cool

It's going well! I'll have it posted by the end of the day (Eastern US time).

Will weasels beat the cut?! (It's cool if you don't)

It's pretty late here, so I'll see if I can't get a post out tomorrow at lunch (assuming Weasels gets their sheet in), but don't hold your breath.

Two down, one left! We're in the home stretch.

I don't have a computer tonight, I'll post the background tomorrow morning.

All good, don't forget to post a link to your character again as well please.

I am excited for this to get rolling!

How we doing?

Character sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HsPKw_D8WBYVexPe4yUn1mzHmlBZY5p31ftJ-abEx6Y/edit?usp=drive_web

Background:

Balthazar Thorne hates psykers. Not just on the level of the prudent fear of the Warp possessed by every law-abiding Imperial citizen. He is filled with it and consumed by it, his every action driven by his righteous hatred. One is not simply born with such purity of purpose; it is cultivated over years of experience. And Balthazar has a great deal of firsthand experience.

As a priest on the mausoleum world Thaur, Balthazar spent most of his time tending to the sacred remains interred on his planet. Powerful Imperial citizens from across the Askellon sector were brought to Thaur for burial, hoping to spend eternity resting beside saints and heroes of past millenia. Priests like Balthazar ensued that every one was buried and memorialized according to their station and accomplishments. He also lead trains of pilgrims on mourning processions among the forested tombs, recounting the deeds of each and leading prayers on their behalf. Balthazar took pride in his work, and he wanted nothing more than to live

But the Emperor had other plans for Balthazar. He began to notice odd behaviors among some of his fellow priests. A group of three novices would congregate outside temples and whisper among themselves, and they would dissappear into the forest at odd hours. Growing suspicious, Balthazar followed them as they slipped away from a midnight vigil. He was outraged to discover then digging up the bones of a nobleman they had buried just that morning.

Overcome with rage, Balthazar fell upon the grave robbers with the Emperor's own fury. There is no greater sin than defiling the dead on Thaur, and Balthazar ensured that the heretics were punished appropriately. Before the last traitor was slain, Balthazar persuaded him to reveal their plans for the remains: a cult was planning to use the sacred bones in an unholy ritual the very next night!

Balthazar spent the next day spreading word of this treachery, rousing the anger of his loyal peers with his fiery rhetoric. By nightfall, a mob of nearly a hundred followed Balthazar to the ritual site and brought the fury of the Emperor down upon the heretics. Every traitor perished that night, and Balthazar personally took the life of the foul sorcerer who lead the cult. But they were too late; the traitors had exhumed dozens of bodies, and their bones were tainted by Warp energy. As the remains were purified by cremation, Balthazar wept quietly, swearing vengeance on all those who would harness the Warp for their own foul purposes.

The next five years of Balthazar's life became a ceaseless crusade to root out any heretics on Thaur. Many foes fell before Balthazar's hammer, their bones pulverized so they could not receive a proper burial. He felt no remorse, only satisfaction that he was doing the Emperor's work.

One day, a lander bearing an unfamiliar seal arrived on Thaur. Out stepped an Inquisitor, who enquired about the purges; she had heard of Balthazar's work from an associate, and she had need of a man with his drive and talents. Balthazar accepted gladly, eager to visit the Emperor's Wrath on heretics across the Askellon sector.

Whew. That took longer than expected, but I think that takes care of everything. I'm ready to start :)

Character sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HsPKw_D8WBYVexPe4yUn1mzHmlBZY5p31ftJ-abEx6Y/edit?usp=drive_web

Background:

Balthazar Thorne hates psykers. Not just on the level of the prudent fear of the Warp possessed by every law-abiding Imperial citizen. He is filled with it and consumed by it, his every action driven by his righteous hatred. One is not simply born with such purity of purpose; it is cultivated over years of experience. And Balthazar has a great deal of firsthand experience.

As a priest on the mausoleum world Thaur, Balthazar spent most of his time tending to the sacred remains interred on his planet. Powerful Imperial citizens from across the Askellon sector were brought to Thaur for burial, hoping to spend eternity resting beside saints and heroes of past millenia. Priests like Balthazar ensued that every one was buried and memorialized according to their station and accomplishments. He also lead trains of pilgrims on mourning processions among the forested tombs, recounting the deeds of each and leading prayers on their behalf. Balthazar took pride in his work, and he wanted nothing more than to live

But the Emperor had other plans for Balthazar. He began to notice odd behaviors among some of his fellow priests. A group of three novices would congregate outside temples and whisper among themselves, and they would dissappear into the forest at odd hours. Growing suspicious, Balthazar followed them as they slipped away from a midnight vigil. He was outraged to discover then digging up the bones of a nobleman they had buried just that morning.

Overcome with rage, Balthazar fell upon the grave robbers with the Emperor's own fury. There is no greater sin than defiling the dead on Thaur, and Balthazar ensured that the heretics were punished appropriately. Before the last traitor was slain, Balthazar persuaded him to reveal their plans for the remains: a cult was planning to use the sacred bones in an unholy ritual the very next night!

Balthazar spent the next day spreading word of this treachery, rousing the anger of his loyal peers with his fiery rhetoric. By nightfall, a mob of nearly a hundred followed Balthazar to the ritual site and brought the fury of the Emperor down upon the heretics. Every traitor perished that night, and Balthazar personally took the life of the foul sorcerer who lead the cult. But they were too late; the traitors had exhumed dozens of bodies, and their bones were tainted by Warp energy. As the remains were purified by cremation, Balthazar wept quietly, swearing vengeance on all those who would harness the Warp for their own foul purposes.

The next five years of Balthazar's life became a ceaseless crusade to root out any heretics on Thaur. Many foes fell before Balthazar's hammer, their bones pulverized so they could not receive a proper burial. He felt no remorse, only satisfaction that he was doing the Emperor's work.

One day, a lander bearing an unfamiliar seal arrived on Thaur. Out stepped an Inquisitor, who enquired about the purges; she had heard of Balthazar's work from an associate, and she had need of a man with his drive and talents. Balthazar accepted gladly, eager to visit the Emperor's Wrath on heretics across the Askellon sector.

That'a awesome! On a side note, those followers he gathered to purge the heretics where technically Frateris Militia, since they where gathered by a priest (Balthazar), which is fun!

Oh boy! I almost hoped Balthazar would be moderate so as to keep the novices' zeal in check, but with this background all I can think of is the girls eagerly asking "Can we burn him?", and the priest nodding with a smile: "Imperator vult, my angels."

I'm gonna go pack extra ammo. :P

I see no reason to alter my typical response to this kind of situation: *passes holy promethium*

Alright, I'll get to work on the new thread. Hopefully up by tonight.

Woo!

Balthazar knows when to hold back and gather information before bringing down the Emperor's Wrath. But when the time to strike comes, he won't hold back. He's a voice of restraint and experience, but he will purge heretics with as much zeal as any Battle Sister.

If this was in reference to the comment in the game thread, the person was reading a bit of your exploits, and may be jumping to some conclusions.

Dante's post is up, if you haven't noticed it yet.

Well their other post :P

Dante's post is up, if you haven't noticed it yet.

Well their other post :P

Sorry about the double post . . .

It's cool, I never understood why FFG never let us delete posts anyways.