Ship art

By 2P51, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

sendercorp_bht_shuttle_by_pinarci-d5qdiw

Ahh, Nubian!

I love this thread :) I tend to use artworks as inspiration... I'll look at a picture, whether it's land/cityscape, starship etc then see where it takes me!

I love this thread :) I tend to use artworks as inspiration... I'll look at a picture, whether it's land/cityscape, starship etc then see where it takes me!

Glad you like it. That was my point. No rule arguing, no silliness, just look at the pretty pictures and unchain the imaginations.

It's exactly what I'm looking for on the forums... Already used 2 of the ships as vessels for some major npcs! Keep up the good work 2P51, loving it :)

Star_Wars.jpg

wayne_haag_02.jpg

the-sci-fi-art-of-allen-wei-25.jpg

the-scifi-art-of-scott-richard-1.jpg

yuriy-mazurkin-freighter-artwork.jpg

OK, so maybe they're doors into ships....I thought they looked cool...

3024bfb96b72cf731b40e66263f48577.jpg

016096f1d8bb29c63a3c76ac6b1c4d5e.jpg

3024bfb96b72cf731b40e66263f48577.jpg

016096f1d8bb29c63a3c76ac6b1c4d5e.jpg

I really want doors like this for my Vault-Tec Workshop.

wayne_haag_02.jpg

I can't like my own stuff, but I really like this kind of image. Just a lot going on in it, love that.

Dunno if anyone has ever read/looked at the Terran Trade Authority story/picture books. I loved em growing up, great art, fun story.

tumblr_lvl76fzgiB1r4w8k5o1_1280.jpg

01-Cam117Gunship.jpg

angusMcKie.jpg

fantasticheskaya-grafika_401.jpg

11-SSF21DCutlass.jpg

110.jpg

dock35.jpg

science-fiction-raumschiffe24.jpg

planet_future_spaceport_shuttle_girl_sky

Edited by 2P51

Fantasy_Frozen_city_030850_.jpg

Dunno if anyone has ever read/looked at the Terran Trade Authority story/picture books. I loved em growing up, great art, fun story.

Wasn’t Chris Foss the artist for some of that?

I think that series is probably what brought me to a life-long love of his work.

<snipped>

I really want doors like this for my Vault-Tec Workshop.

I want one for my front door (of my house).

I recall checking out a book of Foss's art more then once from my local library in the late 70's? Early 80'd? Every picture had me trying to guess what the story behind it was.

His art was also used in the T4 version of Traveller. Although I loved his spaceship artwork, I disliked it's use for Traveller. I would have preferred more realistic, classic/canon Traveller versions. It didn't fit the genre.

Edited by Sturn

Chris Foss was one, Peter Elson was the first I believe.

Chris Foss was one, Peter Elson was the first I believe.

I started looking at the artists and comparing them to my old-man memory. Chris Foss is for sure the guy who did the T4 Traveller art (checked and confirmed, I have the books). But, the old book(s) of art I recall from my youth might actually be John Harris? The book I recall was large with panels of his scifi arts depicting primarily starships with a little bit of text. Perhaps it was a mixed book that had artists that all shared the same styles of Foss, Harris, and perhaps Elson?

I recall one panel with what appeared to be a modern era jet fighter in space. But, I can't find it online to confirm who did it.