A Few Homebrew Cards

By HK47, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

One-On-One interview

NBN-Op-Televised

Play: 4

The Runner gains 5, then, Trace 5. If successful, give the runner one tag.

Diplomatic Priest

Type: Character

Rez: 2*

Trash: 4

Influence: 2

Diplomatic Priest can only be rezzed if the runner is tagged

@, 1*: The text box of a connection is blank until the beginning of the corp’s next draw phase.

Flavour: “Even hardened conspirators can be talked around.”

Blinding Light

Type: Ice - Code gate

Rez: 3*

Str: 3

└ Cards cannot be accessed this run

Chapel of Hope

Type: Asset - Facility

Rez: 2*

Trash: 4*

Influence: 3

Can only be advanced while rezzed.

At the beginning of your turn gain credits equal to the amount of advancement counters on Chapel of Hope.

Flavour: “Just a little investment and the donations flood in time and time again.”

Eve 5VA3TC Cover-up

Type: Agenda - Security

Adv: 4

Score: 3

When Eve 5VA3TC Cover-up is stolen receive 2 bad publicity.

Flavour: “She is perfection. She must be protected.” ~ Cardinal Reese

One-On-One interview

NBN-Op-Televised

This is interesting however it seems to be a severely nerfed sea source. Here's a revision; what do you think?

One-On-One interview

NBN-Op-Televised

Play: 0

Trace 5. If successful, give the runner one tag. The runner gains 5 credits.

This way the runner cannot use the gained credits do defend against the trace but they still receive a benefit from the card considering the corp's low play cost.

One-On-One interview

NBN-Op-Televised

This is interesting however it seems to be a severely nerfed sea source. Here's a revision; what do you think?

One-On-One interview

NBN-Op-Televised

Play: 0

Trace 5. If successful, give the runner one tag. The runner gains 5 credits.

This way the runner cannot use the gained credits do defend against the trace but they still receive a benefit from the card considering the corp's low play cost.

Yeah, that seems much better. This way, its an easier Tag to land but its free for the runner to remove it.

The idea of giving the runner benefits in exchange for powerful effects really interests me and is one of the mechanics I am working with for the Starlight Crusade. Thematically the Starlight Crusade are the main source of medical care in New Angeles. Mechanically, the runners grip size is essentially how much health they have. Therefore I have been working with the idea of effects that grant the runner cards (heal them) in exchange for positive effects (good publicity, increased donations). What do you think of this idea? Here are a couple of ideas I have had.

Self Accrediting Monastery

Type: Identity

Size: 45

Influence: 15

The first time the runner draws a card each turn gain 1*

Public Healing Demonstration

Cost: 3*

Play only of the runner has received damage this turn

The runner draws cards equal to the amount of damage received this turn. You may remove 1 bad publicity for each card drawn in this way.

Flavour: “Behold! Their wounds are healed!”

The second one either needs some tweaking or a meta developed around :P

Revision:

Public Healing Demonstration

Cost: 3*

Play only of the runner has received damage this turn

The runner draws cards equal to the amount of damage received this turn. You may remove 1 bad publicity and gain 2* for each card drawn in this way.

Flavour: “Behold! Their wounds are healed!”

Added gaining 2 credits for each card drawn to make the benefit higher due to the specific play conditions

Inquisition

Asset

Rez: 2

Trash: 5

Inf: 2

When your turn begins, trash a Ritzy or Seedy resource.

don't know if this was the idea/theme you were going for, but I think it would be a pretty good card for kill decks.

Edited by HK47

That's pretty cool ^^ I think you could even make is stronger with the rez/trash costs to make it competitive with Weyland's Corporate Town

I was more thinking anything that gives the runner a card so as to synergise with the ID. For instance I think this ICE is interesting

Type: Barrier

Rez: 6

Str: 4

└ Deal 3 net damage

└ The runner draws 3 card

└ End the run

I think this is pretty cool because although it doesn't net any damage on the runner they must have at least 3 cards in their hand to run on it blind. Secondly it would trigger the ID if they haven't drawn a card already. And thirdly the runner would presumably know that the faction can do damage so they will be drawing cards regularly so as to defend themselves against the damage, thus triggering the ID reliably.

I'm using Jinteki's Wall of Thorns as a basis for balancing the costs.

That's pretty cool ^^ I think you could even make is stronger with the rez/trash costs to make it competitive with Weyland's Corporate Town

I was more thinking anything that gives the runner a card so as to synergise with the ID. For instance I think this ICE is interesting

Gluttony

└ Deal 3 net damage

└ The runner draws 3 card

└ End the run

I think this is pretty cool because although it doesn't net any damage on the runner they must have at least 3 cards in their hand to run on it blind. Secondly it would trigger the ID if they haven't drawn a card already. And thirdly the runner would presumably know that the faction can do damage so they will be drawing cards regularly so as to defend themselves against the damage, thus triggering the ID reliably.

I'm using Jinteki's Wall of Thorns as a basis for balancing the costs.

Are you going to have a whole ICE suite for the 7 deadly sins? I thiink that would be cool and thematic.

I have actually created them all already XD Here's the first draft (sketched out so probably horribly broken in places)

Type: Sentry

Rez: 5

└ Trace3: If successful the runner takes 1 tag

└ The runner takes 1 net damage

└ The runner takes 1 meat damage

└ The runner gains 5*

Envy gains “└ End the run” for each agenda point in the corp’s score area

Type: Sentry - Destroyer

Rez: 8

Str: 6

└ Trash the ICE breaker with the lowest strength

"The strong consume the weak"

Type: Code gate

Rez: 4

└ The runner loses @, if able

Rez:

Str:

└ Deal 1 net damage

└ The runner draws 1 card

└ End the run

Name: Eve AI

Str: 2

└ The runner draws a card

└ End the run

Type: Sentry - Destroyer

Str: 2

Hubris gains “└ Deal 1 net damage” for each agenda point in the runner’s score area

Flavour: “We all know what pride comes before…”

I have just realised that my identity is exactly the same as Palana Foods, the new Jinteki ID... God dammit.

Sloth is a strictly better version of Hourglass.

Sloth is a strictly better version of Hourglass.

maybe lose the third "lose a click" sub to balance?

Witchfinder General - Anarch

Cost: 12 Influence: 1 MU: 1

If you trashed an Ambush this turn, reduce the cost of this card by X, where X is the rez cost of that card.

0: Break Trap subroutine.

1: Break Sentry Subroutine

1: +1 Strength

Strength 2

Once bitten, twice shy.

Edited by Jake yet again

Witchfinder General - Anarch

Cost: 12 Influence: 1 MU: 1

If you trashed an Ambush this turn, reduce the cost of this card by X, where X is the rez cost of that card.

0: Break Trap subroutine.

1: Break Sentry Subroutine

1: +1 Strength

Strength 2

Once bitten, twice shy.

I like this, however, ambushes usually cost zero to rez with a few exceptions. I don't think the first ability is very reliable and depends on the deck. Overall, nice concept though!

The Puppetmaster

Unique-Executive-Neutral

Inf: 4

Rez: 10

Trash: 9

6 Recurring credits: Use these credits to advance cards and play operations.

You cannot gain bad publicity for any reason.

Reduce the Rez cost of The Puppetmaster by X, where X is the number of Agenda points you have.

Reduce the Trash cost of The Puppetmaster by X, where X is the number of agenda points you have.

Runners are a threat that needs to be dealt with....Permanently.

HC Logistics Incorporated

Asset-Weyland

Rez: 3

Trash: 3

Inf: 3

All operations cost 1 less to play. If HC Logistics Incorporated is trashed while installed, gain 1 bad publicity.

Technically legal is the best kind of legal.

Koko Hekmatyar

Asset- Independent Operator-Neutral

Rez: 5

Trash: 5

Inf: 2

The first time each turn you gain a credit from a card ability, gain an additional credit.

I get things done.

Amaterasu Gene-coding

Jinteki-Division

45-17

You may advance any face down card.

Diverted Shipment

Criminal Event

Play: 3

Make a run on a server. If successful, you gain 6 and the corp loses 3

New Hires

Neutral-Op

Play-0

Gain 2 and put an advancement token on a card.

Ah, fresh meat!

New Angeles Defense Research

Weyland-Identity-Division

40 deck size

17 Inf

Install all agendas faceup.