SCIV2 Spoilers - Acrobatic and Triple Botta in Tempo

By MarcoPulleaux, in UFS General Discussion

Hilde and Astrid both already play a lot of weapons

I'm hard at work coming up with a pet name for Triple Botta in Tempo, it'll be grosssss. Block with a weapon, reversal, pitch a 5cc weapon to Valkyria Shield, 14M8 to the face, next card gets +8 diff... :J

Wafflecopter said:

Hilde and Astrid both already play a lot of weapons

I'm hard at work coming up with a pet name for Triple Botta in Tempo, it'll be grosssss. Block with a weapon, reversal, pitch a 5cc weapon to Valkyria Shield, 14M8 to the face, next card gets +8 diff... :J

Yep, this gives Hilde yet another way to reduce damage (end attack turns). Then again, one well placed attack against her is her death.

- dut

Wafflecopter said:

I'm hard at work coming up with a pet name for Triple Botta in Tempo.

I vote "Tri-Bo Tempo"

-Tinman

Sophitia, Acrobatics, Stand-Off, Paid to Protect. Good luck ever dealing damage. Ever.

Sophitia/Lu Chen/Astrid/Hilde, Tri-Bo. Your turn WILL end. NOW.

MegaGeese said:

Unless your opponent is one of the 3 people on the face of the planet who have Paid to Protect.

Optimistic note: If no news is good news and no one is addressing the shortage of PtP nor confirming that it will be re-released as prize support, maybe there will be a PtP-like card in the new set. If that's so, it'd be nice if it was a common.

ROTBI said:

Optimistic note: If no news is good news and no one is addressing the shortage of PtP nor confirming that it will be re-released as prize support, maybe there will be a PtP-like card in the new set. If that's so, it'd be nice if it was a common.

The reason I want PtP is because of the symbol spread. The ability is good, but the spread with those abilities is pretty much ballin'.

I hear ya, man. By the way, that card needed Fire like I need a hole in the head.

ROTBI said:

I hear ya, man. By the way, that card needed Fire like I need a hole in the head.

then your in luck, you have 7

Funny thing is that A. Acro can't help Hilde since the values where replaced/swaped and not reduced B. She doesn't have the symbols to play it. So fearing Hilde's wrath is putting fear in misinformation. That is the key thing is that P2P will not stop acro abuse. The focus of Acro abuse is to pump speed then swap. In many cases the speed value is meh and the damage is insane. P2P only goes into play to reduce the speed during the block phase and not the E phase. If the attacks base speed was faster then the base damage then little is gained. Look closely you will see that Acro is a throws wet dream. The problem is that Acro doesn't have a good amount of throws it can buff. Air has no throws. Close throw and cobra clutch are the only life throws i thought. There is no way that way can be abused. So until the life/air/water get filled out we won't see major abuse of acro through throws.

This means that discard and control will be a key element of making Acro a strong card. P2P won't shut it down a hundred percent. Nina and 4 Profiecient snipers kills p2p. She can also get rid of any other trouble cards using her F. Next she can disarm cards from the players hand. The acro hit happens after the opposing player is exhuasted. Kisheri does this more consistently with Keeper of the watchers. The best kill condition abusing Acro would be Nina using Ice Pick! War between Sisters, Keeper of the watchers, from the horse endurence, and stand off after the flip.

If the Acro player doesn't play for exhuastion of their opponents hand then they are not playing the right character or they playing it risky. Discard is what makes this card powerful. Unless there they release a common that resets attacks back to their printed values Acro is going to be abused hardcore.

darklogos said:

Funny thing is that A. Acro can't help Hilde since the values where replaced/swaped and not reduced B.

Actually, it does reduce the damage, and does work for Hilde.

aslum said:

darklogos said:

Funny thing is that A. Acro can't help Hilde since the values where replaced/swaped and not reduced B.

Even if it doesn't, your speed will be higher than your damage by a large margin after her E.

ROTBI said:

MegaGeese said:

Unless your opponent is one of the 3 people on the face of the planet who have Paid to Protect.

Just sayin'.

But there WAS a lot of anti-BRT instead... maybe something akin to Bryan Fury but to speed? But that would be way too specific.

ROTBI said:

I've got a pile of PtP that will be given away as prize support next Weekend at the Wandering Master Events at the Central Canada Comic Con. (C4)

So yes, there are more floating out there as prize support.

Antigoth said:

ROTBI said:

I've got a pile of PtP that will be given away as prize support next Weekend at the Wandering Master Events at the Central Canada Comic Con. (C4)

How the hell did you manage that?

Antigoth said:

I'm hoping they share some with certain playerbases. It's actually a pretty necessary card in some decks, and from what I've seen certain symbols who would love access to anything that nerfs Speed are not gonna be represented much next set, so the chances of them having a generic equivalent to PtP are slim.

aslum said:

darklogos said:

Hilde doesn't have any of the symbols to play the card. What is she going to do need no alley into it. I think not. It still wouldn't flow with any card you play with her unless we see fire/air or fire/life cards. That I doubt. If your just thinking about playing it against hilde it can make it so the attack is slower or the damage is less when you flip it at the right time. I think Hilde is the wrong target to fear with this card.

How would hoping for a challenge effect Triple Botta in tempo?

darklogos said:

How would hoping for a challenge effect Triple Botta in tempo?

It wouldn't - you modify difficulty, not the control check.

Bloodrunstrue said:

Antigoth said:

How the hell did you manage that?

I contacted FFG and made arrangements. The kit arrived, and surprised, PtP were in the support!

Homme Chapeau said:

I'm hoping they share some with certain playerbases. It's actually a pretty necessary card in some decks, and from what I've seen certain symbols who would love access to anything that nerfs Speed are not gonna be represented much next set, so the chances of them having a generic equivalent to PtP are slim.

I can only guess if it randomly appeared in C4's prize support, that it will appear in other events prize support.

Antigoth said:

I can only guess if it randomly appeared in C4's prize support, that it will appear in other events prize support.

Here's hoping - I'm creating a local prize for the team just to drum up local support, but I'm hoping I've the time to properly do it.

I already have 3 The Peaceful Ways... need one more to make this 100% stupid.

guitalex2008 said:

I already have 3 The Peaceful Ways... need one more to make this 100% stupid.

...howso?

It plays TBiT for free...but that isn't really stupid, it's just nifty.

It shares 2 symbols with Acrobatic, but doesn't explain how it breaks it.

Explain.

No reason, other than not wasting resources to play it. In a Life hybrid, you can play it free and not have to commit any of your speed pump. Stuff like that.

I was just pointing out that it was 4 diff. Of course, there's still not much momentum gen (basically none outside of Lunging Brush Fire and Designer Clothes for Water). It desn't make the card broken, but hey, if above everything else you can play it for free, that's VERY nice.

Atoning for the Past is totally momentum gen <3

Does anyone else think that TBiT might make lu chen playable and maybe even a lil dumb