SCIV2 Spoilers - Acrobatic and Triple Botta in Tempo

By MarcoPulleaux, in UFS General Discussion

My guess is that Acrobatic is the single most important card coming out in this set. Not even an exageration.

Protoaddict said:

My guess is that Acrobatic is the single most important card coming out in this set. Not even an exageration.

102 other cards we haven't seen. It's good, but better than everything we haven't seen? (okay out of those there's 4 pre-release promos we HAVE seen)

Protoaddict said:

I would hope that is not so. It has been rumored that there is supposed to be a better defense against throws. I'm curious to see what that is, as I personally think it could have a bigger impact than another multiple hate card. Not to say that Acrobatic isn't wanted, because it's nice...except for it being ultrarare (fail).

Also, lols @ Hatman who said he wasn't going to comment on spoilers and then posted another 3 comments on this page alone. gran_risa.gif Just playin' with ya, man.

Protoaddict said:

If that's the case, then this set is gonna be godawful... Or at least meh

Actually, i really like both of these cards.

With re: Acrobatics...yea, it IS Idyllic come back for NewFS, and i, for one, am very grateful that it is an Action, and NOT a foundation. Idyllic was incredibly powerful and abusable...it was an enabler that synergized well with Deceptive Look (esp nasty with 2 DL's on the field) and Final D (S:4, swap spd and dmg and then blow up 4 of your opponent's foundations).

Not to mention that NewFS, thus far, is all about attacking and keeping Grey Wars to a minimum. If Acrobatics were printed on a foundation, you can bet it would be an auto include in EVERY deck that could run it.

Also, the Reversal Attack that was spoiled has Lu Chen salivating. Seriously, Lu's already much better than people on here give him credit for: he ends his opponents turns. This attack only makes it that much easier for Lu to play his kind of Control game.

This forum has been litered with total BS about how good POTM is for MONTHS. Threads about banning it, threads about it scarcity, and threads about it being an auto include.

Now a card comes out that is good on it's own right, is a complete answer for POTM, boosts symbols that are have been so very close to playable, and has the low block with multiple hate people have been wanting for and it's forgettable to everyone? What kind of stupid do you expect the other cards in the set to contain that this one is only ok.

And when a promo comes out, everyone has no problem judging it based on its face value. I dont know why other cards that may be release at the same time have to factor in. Powerful card is Powerful or whatever troll statement can go here.

Protoaddict said:

This forum has been litered with total BS about how good POTM is for MONTHS. Threads about banning it, threads about it scarcity, and threads about it being an auto include.

Now a card comes out that is good on it's own right, is a complete answer for POTM, boosts symbols that are have been so very close to playable, and has the low block with multiple hate people have been wanting for and it's forgettable to everyone? What kind of stupid do you expect the other cards in the set to contain that this one is only ok.

And when a promo comes out, everyone has no problem judging it based on its face value. I dont know why other cards that may be release at the same time have to factor in. Powerful card is Powerful or whatever troll statement can go here.

I 100% agree with this. Acrobatics is a very good card, for all some of us care it is almost the new rejection (action damage hate).

It should be an UR.

I also think the other spoiled card can have a heavy influence on the meta in a well constructed deck that is.

- dut

Protoaddict said:

At the same time look at how it was pointed out that PotM with this card is an even sicker combo. Damage pump, damage pump, Swap, Potm = an unblockable attack with an insane damage bonus. What can you do against that. I don't see the risk of POTM at all.

BEyond that, Acrobatics is a one shot thing. If you don't draw another one and can't kill your opponant, expect to get Path'ed again next turn.

The fact that its an action card makes it better I honestly think. Cant be stunned, committed, can be a suprise that ruins someones day. If it was a foundations it could be stunned, an asset can be pommel smashed, etc.

And for all it does to make POTM better, it makes it worse i think even more. You play a bunch of speed pumps, switch it with the E. Before you can pump it again with POTM i can switch it back with my Acrobatics.

If history has shown us anything it's that from hand combat tricks like this win games. Rejection, Absurd strength, The injuries to some extent, hell even seclusion have all won many a game on suprise factor alone. Add to the fact that you can play it the turn its drawn, even mid stream combat, and it really pushes it to top tier from what i can see. Im nto saying that there wont be cards in the next set that dont outclass it, hinder it, or help it, but all in all i feel like this is a combonation of things that we know from history of the game that all win games. +1 low block as well does not hurt at all.

Protoaddict said:

BACK TO PRINTED SPEED.

Well... I suppose there's now a slight risk to playing Knight Breaker.

Slight... risk.

Protoaddict said:

Um, it is NOT an answer to Path, and Idyllic IS better due to the fact that it isn't one-shot.

Only an idiot invests all their eggs into one basket. If you're going to use every costed enhance to pump your attack, if you get Acrobatic'd, you deserved it.

dutpotd said:

Protoaddict said:

I 100% agree with this. Acrobatics is a very good card, for all some of us care it is almost the new rejection (action damage hate).

It should be an UR.

I also think the other spoiled card can have a heavy influence on the meta in a well constructed deck that is.

- dut

First things first, I'll reiterate what I said before. I like both of these cards. I'm not thrilled that they're probably gonna be 1 apiece per box at most, but that aside I like both cards.

That said, I find I mostly agree with you two. However, this card is marginally an answer to PotM, throw in Paid to Protect (if you're fortunte enough to have any...and yes, I'm talking about splashing, GASP!) and yeah, easy block. But that's only half of it. Boost up the speed on your LIFE throw, Acrobatic it and PotM and presto: world of hurt.

I'm just saying it's not a true answer to PotM, because unless you're splashing PtP or packing some sort of reduction, the card is going to be too fast to block. The card works even better with PotM than it does against it.

As for the "stupid" I expect, all the meta really needs now is some way to deal with high damage throws. As I said, it's something everyone could use, whereas Acrobatic is nice, for the people who pull them.

The biggest thing I see getting posted that I disagree with on the topic of Acrobatic is the way people are comparing it to Idyllic Kamui Kotan. It's similar, but that's about it. What makes Acrobatic so great is that there is no stipulation . That coupled with the word "this" instead of "your" (ala Spiked Bracelets) is what makes it good...and of course the element of surprise as someone else said.

MarcoPulleaux said:

Protoaddict said:

Um, it is NOT an answer to Path, and Idyllic IS better due to the fact that it isn't one-shot.

Only an idiot invests all their eggs into one basket. If you're going to use every costed enhance to pump your attack, if you get Acrobatic'd, you deserved it.

You can force people to into a point where they have to put all thier eggs in one basket. They are not stupid for doing so, they were just out played. It's part of the game.

Idyllic isn't better because it can also be commited as a foundation every time you try to use it, this cannot. They arent strictly comprable to be honest, but considering Idyllic dosent exist in the current standard environment I would say the point is Moot.

If you don't see it as at least a partial answer, a full answer in some cases, and a card that would have ohter applications anyways, to POTM then your just being difficult and recalcitrant.

I just wouldn't use the word answer.

Yes, while it's possible to LOL at their 37 speed 3 damage attack, but an ANSWER to Path is something like Controller of teh Souls, Ancient Berryial ground, Ka Technique, etc.

It's certainly one of the more useful actions we have, so I'll give it that. It's, unfortunately, going to be yet another chase card.

Is there anything that reduces attacks back to their printed speed currently out in the meta? I don't really think so. But I could be wrong.

darklogos said:

Is there anything that reduces attacks back to their printed speed currently out in the meta? I don't really think so. But I could be wrong.

Paid to Protect is the only card that currently does so. It's a chase promotional card as it was only released in the Tekken 6 pre-release, and even then certain markets did not get any.

Hope we don't see TOO many more Weapon Combo(Weapon) or Astrid is going to start touching herself.

Homme Chapeau said:

darklogos said:

Paid to Protect is the only card that currently does so. It's a chase promotional card as it was only released in the Tekken 6 pre-release, and even then certain markets did not get any.

Okay now I see the concern. Who can run both Paid to Protect and Acrobactics?

Ivy, Yi Shan, Kisheri*, Rashotep,Seigfried, Nina Williams, Zi Mei (Earth, fire, void ) (life, water,air) can pull off the combo of P2P and acrobatics. Does this combo put them up a tier? I think not. I think Siegfried benfits the most from the combo. Kisheri* come in at a close second. Kisheri will empty her opponents hand and then move on to unload a huge speed pumped flipped attack. If you want to you could call Seigfried the new king of throws. He can spam a bunch of 3 difficulty attacks, then a super Speed pumped Cobra Clutch, Acro flip, Seigfried E, POTM, Stormhammer E or Yimfang. That is just wrong. HAHA. Just be glad Half Nelson cant use this combo. If you don't have a play set of Half Nelson play Sandstorm throw for a bunch of laughs.

Kisheri is doing somehting similar. She is taking Seigfried's attacks, getting the damage pumps, dumping peoples cards from their hand, then speed boost acro flip a major attack with Potm. I think that she is a card that would be able to kill on turn 3 more reguarlly. Once she gets 7 foundations, robes, drossel, and potm and any cheap attack she will kill hard. Heck she doesn't need all of them out she just needs acro, 1 speed pump, and Path. She literally can hyperbeam people. That doesn't include the defense of the p2p/acro combo and all the heal cards Tira feeds her. She is running nothing but kicks so she can play Christie support to speed ***** some more. I'm telling you this is going to be some of the brokest crap you have ever seen. I hope there is a hard stop for acro. If not ACRO and this Chick are going to stomp people. Thus making P2P even more required. lol.

Sol Badguy said:

Hope we don't see TOO many more Weapon Combo(Weapon) or Astrid is going to start touching herself.

Why do you think that Pommel controls so **** much?

The important thing to keep in mind is that we don't even know the potential of these two cards, especially Acrobatic...

Hata was playing acrobatic in his gunslinger deck at gencon, so i would say some people may already have some idea of its potential.

Protoaddict said:

Hata was playing acrobatic in his gunslinger deck at gencon, so i would say some people may already have some idea of its potential.

yeah especially since he was playing it with Kisheri