SCIV2 Spoilers - Acrobatic and Triple Botta in Tempo

By MarcoPulleaux, in UFS General Discussion

http://fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=869

Hmm...

Acrobatic, there isn't much to say other than it will definitely see play. It's yet another card to stop Fury of the Ancients, Dark Geo, and Spinning Demon, but unfortunately it cannot stop Menuett Dance. Either way, it's great against Throws to an extent, and sharing both 2 symbols with Robes and Drossel (L/W and A/L respectively), I'm sure you can make some very interesting aggro options with it.

I like Triple Botta quite a bit, my only problem is trying to find some damage pumps. The only one that comes to mind right now is Unstoppable Conviction, and some of Astrid's ORDER support!

Speaking of which, is that card represents Amy, then my prediction was way off. G/O/W means that Order's gonna stand out big time, and that, IMO, the only Fire char will be Mitsurugi.

I have one question...

If I use TBIT's Combo E on my turn, that wouldn't go towards its BLOCK difficulty, would it? =/

All in all, good stuff, Lu Chen got stronger in both ways =)

I think your analysis is pretty good at this point. I'm of the opinion she won't have fire, water may represent the reversal ability though?

In any case, water and order both stand to get a very big boost in this set methinks.

- dut

Well, I will say this much, thank God they're going with Gonzalo Ordóñez. Of all the non-Udon/Imaginary Friends choices his is by far the best. I've always liked his style since the first time I saw his Blood Elves. If the whole set looks like this I can only count it as redemption for the appearance of the Tekken set.

Other than that, we'll have to wait and see if this can be be the first set in ages to perform the combo attack of cards that look good and play well. Not to sound negative, but it's hard to gauge right now since the spoilers are of a rare and ultrarare. *sigh*

But, for what they are the cards look nice and practical...seeing an attack/speed switcher without further restriction is a(n ultra)rare sight indeed. Not to mention two other resources getting multiple hate...there may be hope for WATER yet.

EDIT: By the way, if you have Wonderworld Comics, Acrobatics can completely shut down Menuett Dance in the current block.

ROTBI said:

But, for what they are the cards look nice and practical...seeing an attack/speed switcher without further restriction is a(n ultra)rare sight indeed. Not to mention two other resources getting multiple hate...there may be hope for WATER yet.

LOW BLOCK multiple hate.

- dut

ROTBI said:

EDIT: By the way, if you have Wonderworld Comics, Acrobatics can completely shut down Menuett Dance in the current block.

Why would you give out this tip! I want to get another playset of Wonderworld Comics... (I gave all mine away to players and I only have 1 copy left!!!)

- dut

dutpotd said:

I think your analysis is pretty good at this point. I'm of the opinion she won't have fire, water may represent the reversal ability though?

In any case, water and order both stand to get a very big boost in this set methinks.

- dut

If Yoshimitsu has Order as I think he will? Oh yeah, Order's finally going to be a playable symbol, in a similar boat that Evil is in currently, but playable nonetheless (with more to show for it than Bloodline Rebellion and Cursed Blood lol)

Amy is a very "safe" character. In the same way Steve reduced damage (a nod to his safety), I'm assuming Amy will increase the opponent's difficulty, and in my opinion, likely has some sort of way to either increase block difficulty, or speed.

Either way, I'm liking the way her card makes it seem that she will be.

Acrobatic seems to have been designed without Xiang in mind. What she does is still in the air, but liking some non-Flame/Skull/Mountain support :)

MarcoPulleaux said:

I like Triple Botta quite a bit, my only problem is trying to find some damage pumps. The only one that comes to mind right now is Unstoppable Conviction, and some of Astrid's ORDER support!

JJ First F to reduce the damage, then pump it with Nobility of the Wolf. (Or nobilty of the Wolf after Standoff, or one of the many other damage reducers that's floating about it played.)
Astrid's Weapon - Reaver's Axe - that gives +damage and speed to Weapon attacks.
Ready for Battle (Requires a weapon asset, but if you're running order, there's many good ones to choose from)
The Ultimate Team
Unstoppable Conviction

All of which ='s "good times"

ROTBI said:

Why would you give out this tip! I want to get another playset of Wonderworld Comics... (I gave all mine away to players and I only have 1 copy left!!!)

- dut

Sorry, dude. That's like 2 things I've spoiled for you in the past day, my bad.

All seriousness though, I thought it was pretty obvious and as active as I am locally and like to be on here when I can; my job keeps me too busy to attend most of the major tournaments. Therefore it doesn't really benefit me to hold stuff back instead of sharing.

That might explain why most people know who I am from on here but wouldn't recognize me in person. Were it not for my busy job, I'd love a chance to play some of you people I converse with on the regular. Particularly yourself, Guitalex, Shinpuu (I think we met, but never played) and a few others.

Antigoth said:

The Ultimate Team

...oh jeez, probably the most obvious way. NOTE: It says the next CARD your opponent tries to play, so you definitely gotta deal some high damage, or else they'll just play a 1 diff =/

MarcoPulleaux said:

If I use TBIT's Combo E on my turn, that wouldn't go towards its BLOCK difficulty, would it? =/

It would not.

It would be really hard to play a reversal to a TBIT that was combo enhanced...

But if they take damage from it, and you attack again, then the combo enhance will increase the difficulty of the card they use to block with, but not the difficulty of the block.

That sure sounds complicated. It's not really. Just an artifact of the possibility of having a different difficulty from block difficulty.

That's what I thought, because TBiT could become pretty dumb at that point.

Still lookin forward to some char spoilers. Knowing Horvath, Mitsu's likely the first to be spoiled.

MarcoPulleaux said:

That's what I thought, because TBiT could become pretty dumb at that point.

Still lookin forward to some char spoilers. Knowing Horvath, Mitsu's likely the first to be spoiled.

I sure hope you're right.

No reason.. no reason at all.

Sophitia says yes to Acrobatics. Honestly, off of Life she will be a mini Hilde with that thing. Add speed with Drossel, Ice Coffin, etc, Switch for damage, then Speed bump with Sophitia for the kill.

Also gives Ivy a new kill condition. Mix Graceful Style, Cross Madness, and her normal combo for some serious damage.

Glad to see the blue symbols again. Hopefully we get some more support spoilers soon.

-Tinman

Tinman said:

Glad to see the blue symbols again

No kidding!

The only problem I'm having is that, while Amy may be the first Water character to not have Life, she still has Good =/

Nevertheless, Good and Order getting more is definitely awesome. I'm certainly expecting to run Amy off Order <3.

Actually a co-worker and I had been talking about what Amy might have, we came to the conclusion of 2 options, air/order/void and air/good/order so we were close.

I quite like Triple Botta in Tempo (I wish it had life though)

Re: Amy's symbols: I think these are symbols we need (especially good/water), but I'm a bit disappointed she doesn't share Air with all the Raphaels out there. On the other hand, most Raphs have Good, which she shares, so it's cool, I guess.

Re: Acrobatics: It's an action version of Idyllic Kamui Kotan, which is awesome, and not as abuse-able (reusable) as Idyllic. Very cool.

ARMed_PIrate said:

Re: Amy's symbols: I think these are symbols we need (especially good/water), but I'm a bit disappointed she doesn't share Air with all the Raphaels out there. On the other hand, most Raphs have Good, which she shares, so it's cool, I guess.

Re: Acrobatics: It's an action version of Idyllic Kamui Kotan, which is awesome, and not as abuse-able (reusable) as Idyllic. Very cool.

doesn't acrobatics seem more of a Taki type thing then a Xianguah thing?

I like the symbol spread.

But I will not comment on two spoilers when there's 102 other cards coming out at that precise point in time.

Personally I'm underwhelmed. While Acrobatics is neat, a one shot Kamui Kotan aint all that good. As for the anti multiple hate, it's neat as well, but it's an action would could clog up precious slots.

The attack is meh. Unless those symbols get some monster damage pump, it's not that good.

Acrobatics will be Ragnar and throw deck killers. Ragnar doesn't speed pump and most throws are low speed. After you see your opponent finish enhancing this E and crap on their day. Thing is this is not a reduction it is a switching. So any anti-damage reduction doesn't work on the card. At the same time I see Heichai as not scary with this card. The can be said with Kazyua. Everyone wanted control well here it comes.

darklogos said:

Acrobatics will be Ragnar and throw deck killers. Ragnar doesn't speed pump and most throws are low speed. After you see your opponent finish enhancing this E and crap on their day. Thing is this is not a reduction it is a switching. So any anti-damage reduction doesn't work on the card. At the same time I see Heichai as not scary with this card. The can be said with Kazyua. Everyone wanted control well here it comes.

Kazuya doesn't really care about this card, he pumps both speed and damage.

My only major disapointment with the two cards is that Acrobatics is an UR... I'd rather have seen it in an UC slot... But whatever... Multiple hate is sexy... And stopping 4 speed 30 damage attacks is still great....

Maybe this will be the set to bring order/good/water/all a bit further back to the forefront... And have some great Anti-Fire/Commital cards in other symbols...

B-Rad said:

Personally I'm underwhelmed. While Acrobatics is neat, a one shot Kamui Kotan aint all that good. As for the anti multiple hate, it's neat as well, but it's an action would could clog up precious slots.

The attack is meh. Unless those symbols get some monster damage pump , it's not that good.

You're looking at it.

All you need is speed pump. Acrobatic that thing, end your turn.

Plus what, is Path of the Master not going to exist anymore? Blocking with a weapon from Hilde's support then reversaling, Path gives it +5 damage, pump some speed into it (unless Amy's deal won't be like Raphael's) and yeah, good luck making your next card at +8 difficulty. Or block, reversal, E with an action, THEN Path.

That's not supposing you block with a weapon from Amy's support. How many of those there are, well it being SCIV I suppose enough but we'll have to wait and see.

Also, for Acrobatics...

Dam pump dam pump dam pump ACROBATICS PotM.

Hello attack welcome to my face I have been expecting you.

I think Acrobatic will definitely see play as a way to turn those Eiserne Drossel / Robes of the Grandmaster speed pumps into damage pumps when speed is no longer necessary, in addition to its defensive uses. Offense for Life to make it a little faster? Hooray!