The Hive Tyrant - WH40k: Conquest Video Series Thread

By TheHiveTyrant, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

Episode #25 of The Tyrantcast is live! After the official announcement that Conquest LCG will no longer be developed, Sam and I each share our thoughts and sentiments about our beloved, competitive card game, its community, and our respective plans for the future.

I do hope you join us in celebrating and reflecting upon the lifespan of Conquest, and wish each of you well. Take care, and be sure not to miss this rather earnest installment!

Thanks for everything you've done for this game. You've shown a greater dedication, and enthusiasm, to the cause, allowing the community to get a lot of info and comments and reflections at a very fast pace.

Today, I'm delighted to present the most fun I have ever had commentating a match of Conquest - it's Rick Reinhart, the 2016 USA National Champion, playing as Eldorath Starbane, versus the Ku'gath Plaguefather of Joe Huber, the multiple-time Regional Champion who denied yours truly the glory of winning the Tacoma, WA 2016 Regional Championship!

This game features not only two immensely talented players, but also a pair of fascinating decks that each showcase myriad opportunities for top-tier play. I cannot stress enough that this is not a game to miss! Share this with friends, and together, let us continue to enjoy and celebrate all that is Conquest LCG!

That was a great game to watch and nicely casted!

Thanks for everything you've done for this game. You've shown a greater dedication, and enthusiasm, to the cause, allowing the community to get a lot of info and comments and reflections at a very fast pace.

You're quite welcome! Creating and maintaining my channel has been a labor of love, and no matter what happens with Conquest, I'll always have a swathe of fantastic memories and experiences that I've shared with many different members of this global community. Thanks for your kudos, and I look forward to putting out at least a little more, before the end!

That was a great game to watch and nicely casted!

Very glad to hear you enjoyed it, and thanks for the compliment!

Today, I present another Featured Match from the Black Crusade which could not have turned out any more differently than I expected - watch as the 2016 North American Champion himself, Nathan Gardner​, pilots our "released hours before the match" Vha'shaelhur against OCTGN user Floody's "up to that point undefeated" ...Colonel Straken?

This ended up being a delightful little game, and you're certainly in for a surprise or two. So kick back, relax, and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Edited by TheHiveTyrant

The Swiss rounds of the Fall 2016 Black Crusade may have come to an end, but we still have one more Featured Match to enjoy before moving forward! Today, I present Epistolary Vezuel (OCTGN user sharpobject) versus Aun'shi (OCTGN user tallking), in a "winner takes all" style match. Due to their *nearly perfect* performance earlier in the tournament, only one of these fine players will advance to the Top 32, Single Elimination portion of the competition and have their shot at the championship. Who shall end up reigning triumphant? Be sure to tune in to find out, and enjoy the rest of your week!

Aun'shi versus Epistolary Vezuel - Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

Cool, I am looking forward to watching this tonight already.

It's a podcast! Today, join Sam and I as we crack open "Against the Great Enemy," and provide a thorough review of our penultimate official war pack for Conquest LCG. I strongly suggest you kick off your weekend with some light-hearted banter and card talk between friends, hope you enjoy this new episode, and wish you all well!

Take care, my friends.

The Black Crusade has moved on to the Single Elimination portion of the tournament, and the Featured Matches continue! Today, watch as Grigory Maksim (OCTGN user HigherEntity) squares off against Ku'gath Plaguefather (OCTGN user SatiaTeSanguine). Will the Astra Militarum be able to deforest the warp-tainted jungles of Nectavus VI, or instead, will the forces of Chaos ravage the ranks of the imperial guard?

Do be sure to let me know what you think of the current state of balance for each of these warlords in the comments, and share what kind of plays in this match you'd have performed differently.

As always, I hope you enjoy today's game, take care, and have a great rest of your weekend! Cheers, friends.

Today, I'm pleased to share one of the single most engaging matches of Conquest that I've ever had the honor to witness - it's the Championship Match of Kevin Warrender's first-ever "Alignment Wheel" tournament!

During each weekly match of this tourney, every entrant was required to select a different faction and deck - and from that point moving forward, they remained "locked out" from picking any of their previously played factions again.

So, though these players made it all the way to the finals, Pejhmon Kamaie's only remaining option was Necrons (Anrakyr the Traveller) - and similarly, Spearton1509 could only select Eldar (Eldorath Starbane).

In spite of these restrictions, watch and delight as two immensely talented players clash and fight over the championship! This game is a long one, but worth it. So enjoy, have a great rest of your weekend, and look forward to future seasons of this style of tournament!

Behold this week's "Featured Match" for Sam Mann's ongoing Black Crusade!

In this single elimination game taken from the "Top 8" of the tournament, the Traxis Sector's green tide finds itself rife and roiling with infighting - it's Old Zogwort (OCTGN user gravyk) versus Nazdreg (OCTGN user athael)!

Which player shall advance to the semi-finals? Will Snotlings reign triumphant, or shall Squiggoths? Do share your thoughts on this match in the comments, and enjoy a fantastic start to your weekend!

Though Conquest has seen itself cancelled, Sam and I still owe at least a little more to our community!

Today, please join us for our complete and thorough assessment of the last, official War Pack - The Warp Unleashed. In doing so, he and I also discuss the state of the meta in the twilight months of our favorite competitive LCG. Last, we also discuss the imminently upcoming, final Conquest World Championship tournament, and chat about the Black Crusade "in development" unofficial expansion intended to try to keep Conquest live and kicking.

So, be sure to give this episode a listen, take care, and may you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

The Fall 2016 Black Crusade has gone on for ten grueling weeks, but the tournament fast approaches its climax. Today, I present one of the semi-final matches!
Only one of these players will have earned their chance at fighting for the Championship. Will Packmaster Kith (asbo1980) again threaten to wrest control of the Traxis Sector from the other, disparate factions? Or instead, need we steel ourselves for indentured servitude under the ancient and undying Necrons (the_eigensheep)?
This game features two exceptionally interesting decks, and two tremendously talented players. It showcases some fantastic tactics, and even affords an opportunity for yours truly to demonstrate he's come quite a long way, as a commentator!
Until we meet again for the Championship, I hope you enjoy this fast and furious match - and for what it's worth, it's beautiful games such as this one which make me realize just how tragic it was for Conquest to have been "taken" from us so soon.
Packmaster Kith versus Anrakyr the Traveller - Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

For a full playlist of all the Fall 2016 games I've commentated, check out this link .

I'm curious if they will ask you to remove all your videos once FFG has no more license for this... have you tried contacting GW and ask?

I'm curious if they will ask you to remove all your videos once FFG has no more license for this... have you tried contacting GW and ask?

No, I haven't bothered to ask. If they ask me to remove all of my videos, I shall oblige and do so. I must confess I'm a bit concerned about the logo and what not (and always have been), but we shall see. I'm awfully small potatoes, but that hasn't necessarily stopped GW before. All the same, I'll wait to cross that bridge until I come to it. I can't honestly imagine that GW will want to destroy every memory of Conquest, though - so long as FFG isn't manufacturing and making money off of their IP, I would presume they'll be satisfied.

Edited by TheHiveTyrant

After twelve long weeks of waiting, the winner of the Fall 2016 Black Crusade has finally been determined!

Today, I present a special, dual-commentated match between two warlords whom scarcely few predicted we would see in the finals - it's a game featuring Ankrayr the Traveller (the_eigensheep) and Nazdreg (athaell)!

In this fast and furious match between two exceptionally talented players, which of these two underdogs shall reign triumphant, and who shall be sent packing from the Traxis Sector? Which of our players shall claim their championship title, and who will fall just shy of winning this massive online tournament?

This ended up being a delight of a game, and features commentary with both Sam Mann​ and myself. So enjoy, PLEASE DO NOT SPOIL THE RESULTS IN THE COMMENTS, and until the next time I post a commentated match of Conquest - take care!

Edited by TheHiveTyrant

For anyone who missed any of the highly-competitive Conquest LCG action this tournament season, check out a full playlist for the Fall 2016 Black Crusade here . Enjoy, and here's giving a huge thank-you to everyone who viewed and/or participated!

In the wake of the 2016 World Championship for Conquest LCG, the Tyrantcast returns!

In today's episode, Sam Mann regales us with the experience he had at worlds. He shares a story in which he played against Conquest's first true "combo" deck, and then recollects the highs and lows of his performance during Day One of one of Conquest's last and greatest Organized Play supported tournaments.

Sam and Mitch thoroughly discuss the Chaplain Mavros deck that the warmaster brought to the event, and with which he earned the hard-fought title of "Best in Faction" Space Marines player. They then conclude the episode by chatting about the community and social events that took place in Minnesota over the course of and surrounding the tournament, and each share their plans to remain involved in the Conquest community.

This is the second to last episode of this series.

So, here's giving yet another thank you to everyone for their continued support of Sam and I, The Black Crusade tournaments, and The Hive Tyrant channel, and until next you hear our final planned episode - I bid you take care!

I'm not sure how this happened, but somehow, it looks like I forgot to publish a match from the Fall 2016 season of Sam Mann's Black Crusade!

So, here ya go - a "Top 16" bracket, single-elimination game between Sharpobject (Epistolary Vezuel) and Intolerance (Talyesin Fharenal). Enjoy!

Alas, the day that Sam Mann​ and I once hoped would never happen has finally arrived. In a collaborative finale with co-hosts Scott​ and Brian​ of the First Planet Podcast​, I present for your listening enjoyment the last planned episode of The Tyrantcast.

During this two-podcast-sendoff, we hosts discuss the best and worst cards and warlords for each of the nine released factions, reminisce about some of our favorite card game and community memories, and together, celebrate some of our most treasured experiences involving Warhammer 40,000: Conquest.

We close by each explaining our respective plans as to whether or not to remain involved with this LCG, and share any intent to become more active in other gaming communities.

Regardless of any difference in continued interest in Conquest, I think that we can all certainly agree that the “Living” component of this LCG will indeed be sorely missed.

So, here’s hoping that you join Sam, Scott, Brian and myself for one final listen. I thank you to everyone for your support of The Hive Tyrant channel, and The Tyrantcast, and I wish you each the best.

Take care, community – and know that producing videos would never have been worth it without the engagement, respect, and friendship, of so many of you.