MacrossVF1s corner of paint and plasticard

By MacrossVF1, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

*gasps* B...but.....then he...uuhhh...needs to custom build his own! YEA! something like that! sure....

Ha Ha

Well, I'm sure Ken will give us all some Eye Candy soon with regards to new ships......When they finaly get released everywhere else.

Happy new year all

Another Star Wars Rebels ship, the Mining Guild TIE Fighter!

MiningTieFin1.jpg

MiningTieFin2.jpg

MiningTieFin3.jpg

MiningTieFin4.jpg

a very simple but beautifully executed conversion. this wing pattern is so much sexier than the normal Tie, drool...

Looking very smart Ken.

Is that another one of your scratchbuilds ?

Have you made an attempt at building a Viper yet......would love to see what you come up with !

All the best and Happy new year.

Barry.

Nope that's a printed model.

Building a Viper? Are we talking about a Starviper or another Vic Viper?

That's Because FFG are slacking !

They may be out in America....But not in Europe yet !

Here in the UK we were supposed to get them.....But no retailer did.

Ken can't work miracles if there is no canvas to work on !

I'm actually not very interested in the new ships. As a painter and modeler I wouldn't mind them, but actually buying them to play with? Probably not going to happen very soon.

Looking very smart Ken.

Have you made an attempt at building a Viper yet......would love to see what you come up with !

Barry.

I'm actually not very interested in the new ships. As a painter and modeler I wouldn't mind them, but actually buying them to play with? Probably not going to happen very soon.

I was talking about The Z95 VIPER Conversion I built, you were thinking of building one your self.

As for the new ships, yes your right. Im not that interested myself in the new designs.

Barry,

Why not have someone here in the States send some out to you? Shoot, the gamer store twenty minutes away carries some.

-Mike

On 2017-01-04 at 0:19 AM, Barry Harker said:

On 2017-01-03 at 11:39 PM, MacrossVF1 said:

On 2017-01-01 at 4:40 PM, Barry Harker said:

Looking very smart Ken.

Barry.

On 2017-01-01 at 8:05 PM, Barry Harker said:

I was talking about The Z95 VIPER Conversion I built, you were thinking of building one your self.

As for the new ships, yes your right. Im not that interested myself in the new designs.

Oh that viper! I had kinda forgotten about it, though even if I hadn't I would not have had time to do anything about it since I'm currently working on another Arquitens class light cruiser!

uc?export=download&id=19Le4H6ZPHRhtNhKN9

Edited by MacrossVF1
Link updates

There we go another build.

So how are you going to top the first Arquitens class light cruiser ?

Easy, When he is finished building it, he will send it to me so I can have one. That will clearly top the original one and will make it completely amazing.

On 2017-01-08 at 4:54 AM, Zeoinx said:

On 2017-01-07 at 10:56 PM, IDieALot said:

Easy, When he is finished building it, he will send it to me so I can have one. That will clearly top the original one and will make it completely amazing.

Well you can certainly dream. ;) Anyway, this ship will represent an earlier version of the Arquitens, as it looked when it was in service with the republic.

uc?export=download&id=1wmwAwdpara8Z12CyJ

Edited by MacrossVF1
Link updates

Have you found something easier to work with for the engines, this time? ;)

Going to Enjoy watching this one come to life Ken.

love it when you put up photos of your build !

All the best,

Barry :D

Awesome! Can't wait to see how this one comes out!

And here's the last paint job of the year, another GX1 Short hauler, painted as the ship known as the Phoenix.

ShortPhoenixFin1.jpg

ShortPhoenixFin2.jpg

ShortPhoenixFin3.jpg

ShortPhoenixFin4.jpg

That is a beautiful ship with a beautiful paintjob! Would make a great stand in for the Consular Cruiser...

Edited by FTS Gecko

Have you found something easier to work with for the engines, this time? ;)

Hopefully yes!

Going to Enjoy watching this one come to life Ken.

love it when you put up photos of your build !

All the best,

Barry :D

SInce this is more or less something I've already built I won't be uploading quite as many pictures as I usually do, though I will try to point out the differences made. For instance, the spine of the ship was built in two parts this time, instead of three the previous time.

Hey MacrossVF1, do you plan on creating a Red Squadron // Rogue Squadron custom paint job for the U-wing at all?

I was messing around in gimp just to try to imagine what it would look like, but I think you would do a better job at it xD

Red%20U%20Wing.jpg

On 2017-01-10 at 2:08 AM, Zeoinx said:

Hey MacrossVF1, do you plan on creating a Red Squadron // Rogue Squadron custom paint job for the U-wing at all?

I was messing around in gimp just to try to imagine what it would look like, but I think you would do a better job at it xD

Red%20U%20Wing.jpg

I'm not very interested in the U-wing so it remains to be seen if I ever buy one. Of course if I do get one, knowing me I would probably do something strange/spectacular with it.

uc?export=download&id=1laZDMnIODdWk4kgH-

Edited by MacrossVF1
Link updates

More internal supports done.

uc?export=download&id=1ghLvjeKt-YpopecqT

Edited by MacrossVF1
Link updates

Great looking stuff again. Really like that GX1 hauler, good rich color and some nice chippings. The yellow on mining guild TIE looks also very nice, care to share the recipe?

Interesting to see how the cruiser turns out, good looking start and some impressive plasticarding.

On 2017-01-13 at 10:57 PM, Northen said:

Great looking stuff again. Really like that GX1 hauler, good rich color and some nice chippings. The yellow on mining guild TIE looks also very nice, care to share the recipe?

Why certainly, it's a 1:1 mix of Vallejo Game Colour Plague Brown and Army Painter Demonic Yellow. First rule of painting yellow, never paint pure yellow! :)

Rear internal supports done.

uc?export=download&id=1iwXPJBWs6-0427yz3

Edited by MacrossVF1
Link updates

Hey Macross, If you dont wanna send me the one your building now, I wont mind the hand me down old one either :P ~

HURRY UP... WILL YOU HURRY?!

:angry:

On 2017-01-15 at 9:52 AM, Joe Boss Red Seven said:

HURRY UP... WILL YOU HURRY?!

:angry:

What, posting to Boss' Battle Builders? Nah, I think I'll keep you in suspense a bit longer! :D

Finally started adding the outer hull.

uc?export=download&id=1yQD19CBdqPZBAw8ma

Edited by MacrossVF1
Link updates

I dare you to stop all work on that ship, and start building a x-wing scale Venator complete with opening hanger bays for the alliance. (or imperial i guess if you really want)

And panels can lift up on the ship to hold cardboard and other x-wing related pieces for the game, that way you can carry it all inside.

Edited by Zeoinx