Sorastro's Painting

By Sorastro, in Imperial Assault Painting and Modification

That's a shame about your lasting cost. No ones likes to be ill!

So, can I assume the video will be for one of the Scum units complete with a new soundtrack?

You can assume anything you like :) You're certainly right about it having lots of new music though (although I've kept the main opening theme the same).

I'm hoping for ALL the rebel heroes! :-)

lNbnvLf.jpg

I've gotten so antsy waiting I've had to resort to rebasing all the Imperial faction models :lol:

I'm hoping for ALL the rebel heroes! :-)

lNbnvLf.jpg

Painted figures roll better dice. We want to save the Rebels until last if I'm going to win my campaign!

@ Sorastro

Me and my wife sat down and watched your videos for Imperial Assault last night. Fantastic work!

I'm usually a P3 Painter myself, but seeing what you've accomplished with Citadel, I'm a new found believer. Will definitely be picking some (if not all) of the mentioned Colours/Washes/Technicals this week for our own crack at our IA Minis. Your current vids have really inspired my wife, as she's the primary Imperial player of the family.

Can't wait to see what you'll do with the Rebels.

Cheers!

My play group had an amazing final mission this weekend. Seeing the miniatures painted made it even more fun to play. Spoilers for Last Stand:

We got trouble. Diala is surrounded and Mak's Disengage is on cooldown. No sweat though, Mak blasted through both Royal guards, Diala force pushed a trooper and reflected some blaster shots with her light saber. Gaarkhan and Fenn eventually mopped up the door blockers with a little help from Mak but not before getting self destructed on by that glassy eyed probe droid. 9S3dSA2h.jpg

When Vader turned out to be behind door number 3, Mak felt slightly terrified. He used his Expertise and No Escape to put a good dent in Vader...then ran for the hills. The E-Web blasted Fenn point blank, wounding him. Diala Dancing Bladed Vader, then used Battle Meditation to focus good old Gaarkhan (who rolls a red die when focused). Gaarkhan came charging in and tried his hardest to plant his vibroax between Vader's shoulder blades, but only seemed to scratch the surface. A poor stormtrooper standing next to Vader was the target for Gaarkhan's Brutal Cleave and a surge came up! Cleave 2 on Vader. Vader came out swinging and tried to finish the Son of Alderaan off but Fenn was determined to stay in the game. The wounded Fenn Signis was determined to die a hero and positioned himself to take one last shot at the Dark Lord. Using his Weapons Expertise, the final Pierce 1 was just enough to take down Vader, winning the game for the Rebels. (Also note the poor Elite Royal Guard chump that got stuck behind door number 2.)

DixqTf6h.jpg

Edited by EwokCompanion

By the photo of Bossk you posted on Facebook this morning I guess it's safe to say the Hunters are next. Followed by the Nexu?

By the photo of Bossk you posted on Facebook this morning I guess it's safe to say the Hunters are next. Followed by the Nexu?

You spotted my not-so-subtle spoiler then? I'll be uploading Episode 8 tonight :)

I'll be uploading Episode 8 tonight :)

Sweet! That's great to know. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Looks like I might just stay in tonight after all!

You spotted my not-so-subtle spoiler then? I'll be uploading Episode 8 tonight :)

That's what I'm talking about! Finally, something to do while the missus catches up on TV shows.

Oh man! I just trimmed and washed my STORMIES last night! I got some catching up to do...

I just hope the paint list gets posted before I leave work today.

It just occurred to me as well. I won't be able to get paints until the weekend!

That's what I'm talking about! Finally, something to do while the missus catches up on TV shows.

Lol Muz!

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner (hectic day of work and kids - one of which is currently refusing to sleep grr!). There are a handful of pretty essential colors that I'm using but several optional ones, so it's probably best until you see the video before making your "to-buy" list. The video is still uploading but should be done and processed in an hour or two (around 11:30pm GMT).

Thanks again for all your support and patience!

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner (hectic day of work and kids - one of which is currently refusing to sleep grr!). There are a handful of pretty essential colors that I'm using but several optional ones, so it's probably best until you see the video before making your "to-buy" list. The video is still uploading but should be done and processed in an hour or two (around 11:30pm GMT).

Hooray that means I can watch on my phone in front of the citidel paints display.

Hooray that means I can watch on my phone in front of the citidel paints display.

Lol! You may want to ask the shop for a chair as this one clocks in at over 24 minutes :)

I was promised a video at 11:30. :P

I was promised a video at 11:30. :P

Lol mate; It uploaded a while ago and has been processing ever since.. it's now at 95% though so should be going live any minute; I - on the other hand - am going to bed :)

Do you have a colour scheme for the blue fight suit?

The urban camouflage was an interesting idea. Glad to see a Bossk colour scheme. I hope they don't release a Bossk expansion in Wave 3 now!

Excellent video. You could seriously make a tidy living off of tutorial vids, mate!

High production value, customized music, well spoken, and great step by step instructions to a lovely finished product.

Another triumph, Sorastro! Those trandos look absolutely amazing. Just really impressive work.

And the soundtrack is very reptilian. I see what you did there. Nice. :)

Do you have a colour scheme for the blue fight suit?

The urban camouflage was an interesting idea. Glad to see a Bossk colour scheme. I hope they don't release a Bossk expansion in Wave 3 now!

Hi Muz; at 0:45 seconds you should see a shot of the blue scheme with all of the paints listed, but it's basically the same as those that I used for the Imperial Officers (although I didn't use a glaze for the hunter).

Excellent video. You could seriously make a tidy living off of tutorial vids, mate!

High production value, customized music, well spoken, and great step by step instructions to a lovely finished product.

Thank you Raine! I would be an extremely happy man if I could make these videos for a living; If I ever earn as much making these as I do in my current day job I would quit the day job without hesitation and increase my video output tenfold :)

Another triumph, Sorastro! Those trandos look absolutely amazing. Just really impressive work.

And the soundtrack is very reptilian. I see what you did there. Nice. :)

Thanks a lot mac! I don't actually know what sounds reptiles tend to make but I definitely wanted to give the music a jungly/tribal feel :)

Those videos are just excellent, Sorastro. I've watched them all at least a couple of times. They were what got me to buy paints and try it out. It's a nice hobby and I've found that I really like painting metallic textures. I wish the game had more droids. :)

Oh, and thanks to your probe droid tutorial, I was confident enough to try painting IG-88 on my own. Perhaps it turned out a bit too dark but it's nicer than without paint.

So, thank you again for the videos. Can't wait for the next one.

I mentioned it in the comments of the Trandoshan video, but these videos are why I ended up buying IA. I'd messed around with some x-wing repaints, but nothing from scratch and it seemed so daunting. Your videos made it look so easy I figured what the hell. Of course I've now spent way more on paint stuff than on the game, but that's what a career is for.

I've finished Storm troopers and probe droids. Cleaning up the wash on 9 stormies was a long process, especially with a thinned layer paint. I'll use the ceremite white on the E-Web and see if it covers better. I also added tick marks to the bases so I could easily keep track of which one was which when the start moving around during the game.

824F2D69-D80C-42E5-A376-9A938C23AAB9.jpg

On the probes I used your blue suggestion on 2 of them and brown for the 3rd. I think the blue looks fantastic and recommend that option to others.

CFE32507-A48D-4EBE-9DBC-4D0860B2D333.jpg

Like I mentioned, I'd tried painting before, but not much so I'm very happy with how this is going... And so is games workshop I guess...

93B93A63-72C4-4EB9-BC95-6DA146BDDFF2.jpg

That's about 40% your fault Sorestro, the other 60% is just because I'm a bit mental...