Foix Bunker Map

By Toolian, in Tannhauser

Looks great Mal! And I like the red lights on version. =)

Love the little extras you did othern than the light sources, the tile walls in the bathroom, the union rug and flag in the conference room, and what I think my be pictures of Tala in her bikini from the T.O.Y. site.

the only suggestion I have that me be adding too much are wall lights. Don't think it is needed and may be too much for the map???

Wall lights.

5AF_SecurityLight3_dgw.png

The Sundance Kid said:

Looks great Mal! And I like the red lights on version. =)

Love the little extras you did othern than the light sources, the tile walls in the bathroom, the union rug and flag in the conference room, and what I think my be pictures of Tala in her bikini from the T.O.Y. site.

the only suggestion I have that me be adding too much are wall lights. Don't think it is needed and may be too much for the map???

Wall lights.

I put the Union Symbol in the Conference Room so as to make no further mistake about exactly whose bunker this was. That is indeed the Tala Aponi Sweetheart of the Month October 1951 Photo from ToY . It just got so small, I am glad you were able to determine the image anyway! I knew anyone who wasn't a fan would never get the reference!

I will attempt a version with wall lighting (nice find with the wall lights by the way) and see how that goes.

When I first started creating this map, I was actually thinking about taking a cover of a playboy magazine and doing the same thing, but since tala is part of the Tann universe works out better, plus I don't think many people will be happy seeing playboy on a map. :S

Either way there will be a few beds squeeking at night. partido_risa.gif

Great work Mal...

The only thing I see is to add the lighter highlight to the black circles...

The names on the footlockers are hilarious! Who's doing the Sgt Hulka custom???

docsavagepu8.png?t=1228340849

Ah, someone actually noticed the cast of characters from "Stripes" on the footlockers ... gui%C3%B1o.gif

As for the Black Circles , they are highlighted. I actually dialed it back a notch because it seemed to me a little to harsh on the earlier versions . Check them out on he full size image and let me know if it requires to be even lighter ...

Two new versions ...

First, Lights On, No Alarms:

FoixAlarmOffLightsOn.jpg

Next, Lights On, Alarms On:

FoixAlarmOnLightsOn.jpg

I changed the lights (as usual) . I gave them a brass coloring and added a military like battery pack. I also created them so that each light is individually mounted and can turn independently. You may notice the angle of the lights change from set to set.

As always thoughts, suggestions and corrections requested.

Nice, I like the lights on version, only thng is maybe tone down the wall lights a tad.

About the battery pack for each light, the red and green thng I am seeing those are wires... correct?

The Sundance Kid said:

Nice, I like the lights on version, only thng is maybe tone down the wall lights a tad.

About the battery pack for each light, the red and green thng I am seeing those are wires... correct?

Luckily, those red and green wires were connected to a main dimmer switch . gui%C3%B1o.gif

The four choices ...

Lights Off, No Alarm:

FoixAlarmOff.jpg

Lights On, No Alarm:

FoixAlarmOffLightsOnDim.jpg

(Personally, I like this one the best for its color and texture)

Lights Off, Alarm Triggered:

FoixAlarmOn.jpg

Lights On, Alarm Triggered:

FoixAlarmOnLightsOnDim.jpg

How's that? Are we ready for the slice and dice?

Not to harp on the point, but have a look at the official map. What they did for the black circles is to lighten the picture under the actual black circle with a gradient. The black circles on both sides of the board are quite easy to see.

Otherwise I prefer the lights on version and the alarm lights only on.

docsavagepu8.png?t=1228340849

Doc Savage said:

Not to harp on the point, but have a look at the official map. What they did for the black circles is to lighten the picture under the actual black circle with a gradient. The black circles on both sides of the board are quite easy to see.

Okay, I have updated the images in my previous post to reflect a brighter glow to the Black Circles as can be seen in this example ...

FoixBlackGlow.gif

Is this acceptable? Should it be lighter? Darker? Anything else noticeable that should be corrected before full publishing?

The black circles in the Ammo Dump and Generator Room are still very hard to spot - you'd only know they are there because of the symbol in the centre. The black circle in the alcove in Hallway C is better but is still a little hard to spot. It's a black circle in dark shadow problem sort of thing or is it my piss poor aging sight ? New glow is getting there but is it me or is it a little lumpy - not a constant width all the way round the circle, No Glow is just plain going to ruin your eyesight with eye strain and Previous Glow is not much better.

My order of preference for the versions is 1st - Lights On No Alarm : = 2nd - Lights Off No Alarm & Lights Off Alarm On : 4th - Lights On Alarm On (a little too much light action possibly).

Having said that they all are superb - why not release all of them ? Let the players decide which they want to use. Also it would be a shame for all of Malechi's hard work coming up with all these different versions to go to waste. But ultimately Sundance was the original creator maybe he should get the casting vote.

I agree with Ya, If Mal wants to and has time have various versions would be nice,

what ever the case I WANT alarm lights on.

For some reason on the Alarm lights on and wall light off I can not find the wall light on their, am I blind?

The Sundance Kid said:

For some reason on the Alarm lights on and wall light off I can not find the wall light on their, am I blind?

No , you are indeed not blind. Actually, I think that confirms you see rather well. I did not include the Wall Lights in the image without the lights on. There are two reasons: 1) I could not determine a reason to leave them there if turned off; and 2) I would need to turn off some 68 layers ( 17 wall lights x2 lights each x2 layers for each light) to do so ... Too much work for me, but I can do so if desired.

I can easily create four different PDFs , 1 for each set up. If anyone plans to print out more than one, I can place the Wall Lights in the off position . Basically, I would create a second group of Wall Lights without light - I did just that with the Alarm Lights so as to switch back and forth quickly.

There is one last project I wish to do before publishing: I want to go through all the 180° and 120° Path Circles and take a cookie cutter to them so that they are all the same size lengths in each segment of the circle. This is only me wanting to do this, as it has to do with my Bipolar and anal-retentive personality. I am fully aware that it need not be done , so don't even bring it up ...

Malechi said:

There is one last project I wish to do before publishing: I want to go through all the 180° and 120° Path Circles and take a cookie cutter to them so that they are all the same size lengths in each segment of the circle. This is only me wanting to do this, as it has to do with my Bipolar and anal-retentive personality. I am fully aware that it need not be done , so don't even bring it up ...

What ever you want to do, do it quickly! I expect to see a PDF tonight or you are fired!

Though I do not know what you would be fire from. babeo.gif

For those of you (most likely everyone) that thought I had dropped this project, I just wanted to throw up an update. I have been diligently working on the Tactical Map for the Foix Bunker . I have completed all of the Path Circles and am about to start on the connections. Unlike the official TMs I took one additional step that I believe was a complete over sight of ToY's TMs ; I added the Action Symbols highlighted to the Foix Bunker TM .

FoixTactical01.jpg

Okay, I believe I have got the Tactical Lines in the correct locations ...

FoixTactical02.jpg

Please advise of any required corrections.

I did find an error in the Path Circles themselves as I was adding lines. The center Path Circle in Hallway B (center of the map) was Purple/Yellow , but should have been Purple/Yellow/Green . I need to go back and redo the full maps with this correction.

EDIT: Based upon Doc's Post below, I have added black lines indicating Paths through closed doors. (I know, I know. You want to know how I edited this - Use the URL coding. )

Nice Mal, I thought you were MIA, I was actually going to do that Map guide, but guess you saved me the time gran_risa.gif

Anyways... how did you make the circles for your Map key/guide?

The Sundance Kid said:

Anyways... how did you make the circles for your Map key/guide?

You don't want to know. Basically, a copy/paste thing with the circle garnered from the official Tactical Maps , then went back and sliced and diced all the circles. I then added the lines connecting them all together. Finally, I added the dots to connect the Objective Circles .

My elbow still hurts from the repeated motions ...

preocupado.gif

How is/are the Scenarios for Foix Bunker coming along? I could put it all together in one shot ...

I think that you need to indicate the adjacent circles blocked by closed doors. I believe the official ones show a red line for the door.

docsavagepu8.png?t=1228464428

Doc Savage said:

I think that you need to indicate the adjacent circles blocked by closed doors. I believe the official ones show a red line for the door.

I was wondering about this myself. Here is a sample from the Tactical Map for the Tannhäuser Mansion .

DoorSample.jpg

You will note that the lower left doorway has no connection between Blue and Gold circles. Yet the upper right doorway has a black line connecting the circles ... When creating the Foix Bunker Tactical Map I noticed the lower left doorway , now that I have seen the other it makes much more sense.

Is the lower left doorway indeed a mistake? Or, is there some other reason, I am not aware of, for the missing line?

Nooooo!

It is the red X of dooooom!

I can't see the pic... maybe it is IE? I'll check with fire fox.

As far as the scenarios... It is a bit rough I need to contact little wars about them... they seem a bit "familiar"

Yup, can see it on FF. I think it just an error, mal.

Anyways when you cut up the map can you cut it in 4 parts as well, wanted to put on a memor card print out the 4 pieces, glue it on a board then get it laminated.

The Sundance Kid said:

... Anyways when you cut up the map can you cut it in 4 parts as well, wanted to put on a memor card print out the 4 pieces, glue it on a board then get it laminated.

I would be more than happy to do that if I actually understood what you were asking ...

4 equal quadrants here is my piss poor example =)

4quadrants.png

Mal - This is strange. I have a completely different path map.

This is what mine looks like in the same area:

ksiaz-avec-path-vcropped.jpg?t=122914539

interesting, no?

docsavagepu8.png?t=1229145620

That's from the earlier maps. Malechi's matches the current tactical maps . The lack of joining paths looks like an error.