Foix Bunker Map

By Toolian, in Tannhauser

Yeah, yeah, yeah... I know there is already a thread for maps, just wanted to start this one in case their are any minor suggestions before it becomes available for print. I think it is done 100% ? preocupado.gif

Why the name Loix? It is a small French castle located in southern france, The castle has always interested me. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch%C3%A2teau_de_Foix

small outter view

Foixbunker.jpg

Down Load full size below (Note map is slightly larger than a typicla Tann map, about .6 inches or so)

Very nice artwork on this map. But how come the combat bonus in the bedroom is on an all-red path. It would make more sense for it to be on a red/yellow path.

This is why I have people double check my stuff becuae I forget things a lot, back in other forum, I think it was Doc that told me that, that one circle needed a yellow half to it, and forgot...

OOOOOOOOoooooooooppppppppppppppps!

babeo.gif babeo.gif babeo.gif babeo.gif babeo.gif

When can we get this fullsize?

It's been awhile in the making ; )

EDIT: Found it, I'm downloading now...

EDIT: Looks pretty sweet...

Wow, the map looks great! The only thing I miss in all fan-made maps are the shadows for a real Tannhäuser feeling. The original maps are darker and ......"creepyer"

But nevertheless, your work is awesome!

great map

Don't print it yet!

Need to fix one circle, then need to have Mal cut it up into sections. ( Yes you Mal =) )

littlewars said:

When can we get this fullsize?

It's been awhile in the making ; )

EDIT: Found it, I'm downloading now...

EDIT: Looks pretty sweet...

Sundance:

Drop me an email (since the downgraded forums don't have PM's): littlewars (AT) hotmail.com

updated map links since I can not edit my first post (Boooooooo)

Littlewars will be creating a more printable version of the map so you can print and paste at your home computer. He will also be adding shows to it to make them darker or more of that tannhauser feel as one suggested, effect like that are still beyond me but youtube lesson one after another I hope to get that far. =)

Foixbunkerpsd-1.jpg

FULL SIZE download here

link to see a better out/overall view

http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u349/Jesse_James_X/Foixbunkerpsd-1.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?uztxdme54d3

or

http://www.mediafire.com/file/uztxdme54d3/Foixbunker.psd.jpg

Here is what my suggestions for shadows would be ...

ShadowedWarehouse.jpg

(Open the image in a new tab/window to see more detail, this image is half size)

I simply gave the Bunker the old Warhammer Fantasy look of shadows near the walls and lighting in the center although without the original layers much of the detail is lost in translation.

That looks AMAZING! Exactly what I had in mind.

Could you chop it up for printing : )

Wow, this is exactly what I mean. I love the thing with the shadows. Now it looks mor like an original map from the Tannhäuser universe. Great job!

I agree! It was a nice map before, but with the lighting-effects it's awesome! I haven't tried any custom maps before but with this one I feel like giving it a shot.

If The Sundance Kid (A.K.A. Bronco-Stoj) likes it and he can send me the original PSD file, so I can keep the paths on top of the lighting effects, I can easily redo the lighting effects. As it is, the map is useless as the Path circles and symbols became much to muted once the lighting effects were put over the top of them. That's the problem of working without layers on a JPG file! I can then split the file for printing and upload to MediaFire (and/or Plageman can place the file over at Black Sheep Archives for downloading) .

holly crap that is awesome.

how should I send you/give the photoshop format?

email or can I upload photoshop formats on media fire?

Just wanted to if you lighten up (bit more) in some of the more darker areas.

Okay, I got the file. This may take a bit ... 750+ layers and none labeled. sorpresa.gif I 've gone through some 200 layers so far and have yet to find a circle ...

Sorry about that Mal

I'll name objects from now on, but you may be upset even more when I will tell you that there are 2 sets of circles., one over another...

LONG STORY...

choose not to talk about it. preocupado.gif

Its all good. I have organized the layers into groups and did the shading/colorizing. However, some of the objects that were stuck as a combined image due to your computer frazzle are much too muted. I am going to have to go in and do some pixel surger y to free them from the base image. One nice thing about going in and organizing each every nut and bolt layer (I am being literal here - Are you a plumber or something? There must have been 300 layers just of pipes !) , I was able to notice that there are a bunch of wall lamps , so I added the light fields for them and it looks really cool with them turned on.

The Image so far -

Foix001.jpg

(Open the image in a new window/tab for a more detailed look)

Note the muted furniture in the lower half of the image is what I will need to cut out from the base to give it some contrast . ..

Depending on how difficult the pixel surgery gets, I should have the finished PDF in a day or so ...

Nice progress!

Lights are great, you might want to tone them down a bit, they're a bit overwhelming.

Also, the lightbulbs are red. Maybe you could go into to your light layer and adjust the hue towards red.

The colors are in no way where I would prefer them as final. The furniture that is "stuck" to the base image prevents me from adjusting the colors too far as the furniture simply disappears. As for the color of the lamps light, I too was thinking the lamps were all Red Alert lights until I was organizing the layers. I found ten of them to be wall lamps instead so I decided to use them ...

RED ALERT vs WALL LAMP

AlertvsLamp.jpg

Note that I increased the size 400% so ignore the distortion.

Heck, seeing them at this size they may be Fire Extinguishers ...

Yup they are fire ext.

the other thing is a alarm light like you see in hospitals, military bases in events of an emergency. But have seen a lot of hospitals and schools around here convert to a light blue. :s

here is the file for the alarm light if you need it

http://dundjinni.com/forums/uploads/dragonwolf/931_SecurityLight_dgw.zip

or a rusty version

48E_SecurityLight2_dgw_mod_ae.png

2B7_SecurityLight2Lg_dgw_mod_ae.png

Fire_Extinguisher_cis.png

Just opened up what you have so far Mal on P.S. and have to say, it looks great!

I don't see a problem with anything, then again I'm not an artist so what do I know? gran_risa.gif

I did see you made light come out of the fire ext.

Though it does not make sense I do like the effect of it, so if you wanted to add wall lights and use similar light effects, I would not be mad at all. gui%C3%B1o.gif