Foix Bunker Map

By Toolian, in Tannhauser

Okay! We are up and running! Here is the full size Image ...

FoixFull.jpg

(Open image in a new window/tab to see the full 100% size view)

Okay! We are up and running! Here is the full size Image ...

Things that have changed (besides the obvious colors) :

1) All Walls are now 20 pixels thick throughout except the border.

2) Stairs are concrete instead of stone.

3) Table has moved out from under the Command Circle .

4) Pipes are no longer inside walls but outside throughout the bunker.

5) The Weaponry Circle has been added to the Bunk Room (in last download, but not in PSD file).

6) Map on the Table has been crumpled slightly.

7) Metallic floor in the Empty Storage Area has been altered, as I could not replicate nor find the original image.

8) Minor movement of Objects and Path Circles .

I got the stairs the same place you got most of the detail items (and where I noticed littlewars just signed up for yesterday - should we expect a map?) RPGmapshare . The initial image has been altered severely as usual.

As for the metal I can change it, move it, leave it, whatever. All of the furniture, objects and floors are all different layers again , and all are labeled so I can find everything easily!!! I will send the file back once the sectioned PDF has been created (A.K.A. no more changes required).

EVERYONE:

Are there any other flaws that need to be corrected?

Let me know of play errors, color changes desired, detail missing, etc.

I don't see any errors.

I like it as is. But would suggest you add your name to the bottom as one of the creators. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Malechi / Sundance - Great work on the map. I can't see it any bigger though... so I really can't comment on the pathfindings.

I would add your wall lighting effect to a few of the rooms - maybe the north east corner of the map room, by the doorway in the bunk room, and maybe in one of the long halls.

I would also add another entry space or two, but that's just me...

Thanks guys for all your work on this map!

When it's all done I'll add it to first post on the map thread. sorpresa.gif

docsavagepu8.png?t=1228005601

Doc Savage said:

I can't see it any bigger though... so I really can't comment on the pathfindings.

The image is not clickable. You will need to actually open the image in a new window. With a Mac Control Click to get the drop down menu; or with Windows I believe it is Right Click for the menu.

I am still considering the lights as I did like them before I realized the images I thought were wall lamps were in fact fire extinguishers ... Oh, dopey me,

You both did a great job! It looks fine without the additional lighting.

If you are really set on adding lighting, you could play around with the layer blending mode in photoshop.

On a new layer, pick a vibrant red and make a feathered circle around the lamp. Cut away any of the glow that extends beyond the wall.

In the layers window, beside the opacity slider, flip the blending mode drop down from normal to overlay or soft light .

You can even duplicate that layer and apply it to every light by moving it around.

I quickly whipped this up as an example (using overlay as the blending mode):

redlightfk9.jpg

That is GREAT LW! I really like that added effect.

As for additional lighting here are some wall light/laterns I was able to get. Again from the fine folks at dundjinni.

Several metal wall lights found here various colors with rust effects

http://dundjinni.com/forums/uploads/aegean/3ZD_street_lamp_ae.zip

candle_lamp.png

225_streetlight_wood_off.png

Are the Alarm Lights a good thing to have turned on? I would think that the point was not to get caught, but then again that's when the action starts! I'll give it a shot and we can decide then. I will be out all day/night tomorrow. Expect something Wednesday/Thursday ...

As for the zipped file, I just saw those at dundjinni, but those are exterior lights. However, I did find some nice "pieces" to add to the feel including a victrola, old standing radio and a candlestick phone ... All of these are found in Colonel Klink's office, so I figure they would fit the era. Best of all, they had a German stick-type Grenade , so I will be replacing those Union Grenades found in the Bunk Room !

Again, I don't think the lights are totally needed, but the flashing alarms gives the map a sense of drama.

In the Crypt map I don't think the heaps of skeletal remains are necessary, but it works on a dramatic level.

Whatever you figure makes the map look pretty is good with me. Hopefully the pathfinding is as good as the map looks ; )

Thanks Mal - I can see the map better now...

Thoughts on the pathfindings:

Upper left corner - why can't the very northwest red circle see the blue circle just to the southeast of it?

Near the upper left corner, the room with crates and the metal floor: should the crates hide the southwest corner? And should the eastern side be able to see north through the opening one more circle to the all lime green one?

The open room between the communications room and the map room - the uppermost teal-only circle should also be purple.

The black Mechanics circle in the northeast corner should have a light grey outline.

South of that you go down the orange path and turn west to a lime green and red circle. This should also be purple.

Southwest corner room with all the crates and the action circle. This action circle could use the lighter outline. In the same room why is there one yellow circle on the west side of the room?

Don't go crazy on the lighting, but some would help add drama.

docsavagepu8.png?t=1228005601

looks great cant wait till its finished gran_risa.gif

littlewars said:

I quickly whipped this up as an example (using overlay as the blending mode):

redlightfk9.jpg

Here is my first shot at the lights ...

AlarmTest.jpg

(This image should be clickable - trying the URL option for the first time )

As with yours, as you did not have the layers to work with, I had the problem of the light over the Paths layer. I cut out the light where the paths were, but this creates a problem with easily moving things later.

Doc Savage said:

The black Mechanics circle in the northeast corner should have a light grey outline.

Excellent idea! I was all over the dark outline around colors, but didn't even think about lighter outline around the black circles! Duh!

As for changing the Paths ... Sundance?!? What do you want done?

Malechi said:

so I will be replacing those Union Grenades found in the Bunk Room !

I found German grenades as well but picked union grenades for a reason, it is a union bunker. ;)

littlewars said:

Again, I don't think the lights are totally needed, but the flashing alarms gives the map a sense of drama.

In the Crypt map I don't think the heaps of skeletal remains are necessary, but it works on a dramatic level.

Whatever you figure makes the map look pretty is good with me. Hopefully the pathfinding is as good as the map looks ; )

Agreed gives an element of panic.

OK here we go responses to Doc savage and what should be done.

Upper left corner - why can't the very northwest red circle see the blue circle just to the southeast of it?

Suppose to hiding around the corner, kind of like a blind spot

Near the upper left corner, the room with crates and the metal floor: should the crates hide the southwest corner?

I don’t think so???

And should the eastern side be able to see north through the opening one more circle to the all lime green one?

Yes! Good EYE! That one lime green circle should get an ORANGE half to it!

The open room between the communications room and the map room - the uppermost teal-only circle should also be purple.

Yes it should! Good eye again, but that is the radar room :D

Yuppers

South of that you go down the orange path and turn west to a lime green and red circle. This should also be purple.

Yes it should be.

Southwest corner room with all the crates and the action circle. This action circle could use the lighter outline.

Yes to see a bit better, I agree

In the same room why is there one yellow circle on the west side of the room?

Eh? What do you mean?

and here is a map with

There is one that I cought in the bunk room, one circle should have a light blue section to it. http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u349/Jesse_James_X/mapcorrections1.jpg

mapcorrections1.jpg

Found a light bulb if you want to resize it and use it as wall lighting effects.

lightbulb.jpg

I like a lot of people can only stop and stare in amazement of this quality piece of work by two supposed amateurs. If two (very talented) guys can produce this sort of thing what were FFG doing with the illfated Outdoor map. FFG should be taking you guys on as staff.

I didn't realise this was a Union bunker, I had assumed this was a Reich one. Would it be possible to release it as two versions ie stick grenades and the other things Malechi found in a Reich version and with Sundances original bits in the Union version. Or am being a little too greedy ??

Sundance - was there a reason this was originally a Union bunker ? Did you have a scenario in mind ?

But anyway A SUPERB JOB and a standing ovation from me.

tomodachi6874 said:

I like a lot of people can only stop and stare in amazement of this quality piece of work by two supposed amateurs. If two (very talented) guys can produce this sort of thing what were FFG doing with the illfated Outdoor map. FFG should be taking you guys on as staff.

I didn't realise this was a Union bunker, I had assumed this was a Reich one. Would it be possible to release it as two versions ie stick grenades and the other things Malechi found in a Reich version and with Sundances original bits in the Union version. Or am being a little too greedy ??

Sundance - was there a reason this was originally a Union bunker ? Did you have a scenario in mind ?

But anyway A SUPERB JOB and a standing ovation from me.

Foix, it's French thought that would clear things from the beginning. :)

Yes I did have a scenario in mind as well.

OK, looking back at what doc said about the green circle I found what he was talking about, a bit of confusion

Ammodump.jpg

to prevent any furthur confusion I named the rooms and hallways.

bunkersections.jpg

The Sundance Kid said:

Ah, see there was your mistake. The word French translates to mass surrender, so I assumed it was Reich outpost in France ! Especially since Southern France is a disputed front line area between the Union and Reich forces between 1950 and 1951 . Besides, the majority (if not all) of the scenarios so far have had the Union forces compromising Reich strongholds ...

demonio.gif

TannhauserMalechi.gif

Malechi said:

The Sundance Kid said:

Ah, see there was your mistake. The word French translates to mass surrender, so I assumed it was Reich outpost in France ! Especially since Southern France is a disputed front line area between the Union and Reich forces between 1950 and 1951 . Besides, the majority (if not all) of the scenarios so far have had the Union forces compromising Reich strongholds ...

demonio.gif

All the more reson not to be sheepish, take off from the norm. gui%C3%B1o.gif

I guess this is why no one should ever Assume, because you know what that makes you and me. =)

Irregardless of Malechi's tacky remarks, parts of France are clearly Union occupied or defined "No Man's Land". I prefer a Union stronghold for a change.

littlewars said:

I prefer a Union stronghold for a change.

I like this guy. gran_risa.gif

Here is what I am assuming to be the final version(s).

Do you prefer the Alarms ON ?

FoixAlarmOn.jpg

The image is clickable.

Or; do you prefer the Alarms OFF ?

FoixAlarmOff.jpg

The image is clickable.

You may compare the changes from SDK's original map at full size HERE .

As always suggestions, thoughts and corrections requested ...

If all is good , the split PDF will be coming up soon!