Expansion stalker

By MechaBri.Zilla, in Warhammer: Diskwars

Oh guys... cmon.... nobody in Gencon ask for this game?? i send emails to the devolepers (tom jolly etc...) but nothing... i cannot understand why the mutism about diskwars....

The "mutism" is no mystery at all. FFG made clear several times in the last years that:

- they don't talk about the future of their products until they are ready to announce a new expansion. So, sending emails to anyone won't result in anything but no answers. IF there's something in the future of Diskwars, we'll learn it the hard way, by reading the news on FFG's homepage

- as long as you see a forum active (i.e. not in the "Legacy Games" subsection of these boards) they do not consider the line abandoned, and this implies that either they will expand it or that they simply keep it in production

So, the only thing we can do, is sit and hope something will be announced, sooner or later. In any case, it's a line that didn't meet the producer's expectations (OP was cancelled, and the production rythms dropped consistently). Still, it's a relatively new line, so, I still have a lot of hope. But I won't be holding my breath in the meantime

Ok Julia, thanks for your answer. But iam not agree in one point, you said " In any case, it's a line that didn't meet the producer's expectations (OP was cancelled, and the production rythms dropped consistently)" . ¿Why you are sure of that? for me it was a desicion based in Star Wars Imperial assault! dont you see guys that they abandoned the competitive in diskwars and in the same time they start the competitive in skirmish mode of imperial assaul?? thats why Imperial Assault its gonna become more benefits than XWING even! the problem is not Diskwars not sell well, au contraire, they said the sellings was god!! just they want MORE MONEY, and they know Star Wars is the golden egg chicken franchise, so....

I think is a problem of a finance desicion, who is bad for the fun, and also is bad and unrespectfull for the users...

Fair point, you're right, I can't say that the product didn't match the original expectations of the producer. Sorry, bad wording. My intention was simply stress out that if you expect a certain game to go into Organized Play, you expect to have an audience quite wide (OP means a lot of things, not only in terms of copies of the game sold), and the fact that the idea of an organized play for Diskwars was abandoned (may this be due to Imperial Assault, or any other reason) is not a fantastic sign.

It's just an impression, anyway, not so sure if we'll ever know. But I do hope one day I'll be checking the homepage and see some good news for this game

Fair point, you're right, I can't say that the product didn't match the original expectations of the producer. Sorry, bad wording. My intention was simply stress out that if you expect a certain game to go into Organized Play, you expect to have an audience quite wide (OP means a lot of things, not only in terms of copies of the game sold), and the fact that the idea of an organized play for Diskwars was abandoned (may this be due to Imperial Assault, or any other reason) is not a fantastic sign.

It's just an impression, anyway, not so sure if we'll ever know. But I do hope one day I'll be checking the homepage and see some good news for this game

Yeah! thats i was wondering every time i open the FFG page in my browser.... the problem is that i do that every day :-D

cheers!

I can't tell you how OP did around the world, but in my neck of the woods, we have 5 game stores within driving distance. Among those only 2 even carried the game, and only one tried to set up organized play. I showed up. That's right, me. Well, and one guy I dragged with me. That's it. No scene at all. I live near a large college town with lots of potential players, and I was the only one interested in organized play.

Again, this is just my experience and can't be applied to the world wide community, but if the turn outs around the world were similar to what we had here, I can't blame FFG for dropping the game from it's list of OP titles. That said, I can usually get a game when I want one, and my FLGS says that the game sells fairly well, so I continue to hope for more products.

Just remember, it's not a respect issue. FFG shows more respect for the their players than almost any other game company I have experience with. GW, I'm looking at you... Love your products, but seriously talk to us! ahem... Sorry. Anyway, FFG is a bis. They have limited resources, if one game (any game) can make them more money in OP than Diskwars did, I fully support them switching too it. The better FFG does, the better chance we'll continue to see awesome games from them. If Diskwars dies, well then, I have 2 copies of everything they sold, so I'm pretty happy.

+1 to what MechaBri.Zilla said above concerning FFG and their respect for the players. They always communicate very well when they will stop supporting a game, and they were open and honest with the decision to remove Diskwars from OP. If it is going to be dropped, we can be sure they will tell us, and as I and others have pointed out numerous times, they generally release one "last hurrah" pack or expansion for their games, which I think is pretty cool; it stinks when your game is cut and the expansions are cut cold-turkey.

All in all, I think FFG is pretty nice to the players of their games, and they definitely communicate with us when something big is happening!

Maybe with Total War: Warhammer coming there will be renewed efforts on this game from FFG? Or am I being to hopeful? XD

I really hope that we see at least 2 more expansions on 2016... 2015 has been like crossing a long desert for my!!

I just wish the would increase the amount of resources into this great game.

If I recall correctly, it was almost a year from the release of Battlelore 2nd ed before they added anything to the game, and then in short order it got seven expansions. I'm holding out hope that 2016 will see them get some breathing room to work on some more Diskwars, it's a solid system.

Please!! we need stuff for this AWESOME game!!

FIrst i wanna see the 4 uncompleted factions finally completed. And then, i would like to see a CAMPAIGN BOX, with campaign books maps, terrain pieces, mercenaries, etc...

With that iam ok, then they can close the game if they want... but first that!!

NOBODY FROM FFG CAN SAY, JUST, "WE ARE WORKING IN CONTENT FOR THIS GAME, FOR 2016" please!!! something!!!

Sadly I think Warhammer Diskwars has been abandoned by FFG. It wouldn't be the first time something fell to the wayside. While I and many others hoped it was not the case, I think when they pulled the plug on the tournament scene that was it. For me the recent announcement of the Elder Signs expansion was the final nail. When that is getting an expansion a year, and it is not as popular as their other major Arkham title, and this has gotten nothing for a year and a half on top of GW pushing AoS so hard, I think this is it. And unless there is a new announcement, the last time I will probably venture into this forum :C

Sadly I think Warhammer Diskwars has been abandoned by FFG. It wouldn't be the first time something fell to the wayside. While I and many others hoped it was not the case, I think when they pulled the plug on the tournament scene that was it. For me the recent announcement of the Elder Signs expansion was the final nail. When that is getting an expansion a year, and it is not as popular as their other major Arkham title, and this has gotten nothing for a year and a half on top of GW pushing AoS so hard, I think this is it. And unless there is a new announcement, the last time I will probably venture into this forum :C

I will miss seeing you around these parts. I think I may be the only of the old guard that still posts on here even infrequently. I will keep checking and posting for those with rules questions and whatnot, but it is getting harder and harder to come back to the empty room...

Jedhead! you are not alone!! im from the old guard too... i change my account name (cause i forget the old one) but im still checking this and bgg forum. Very tired to see "xwing" news on the home page... very tired about the EXTREMELY silence from the devs about this great game. Sniper Troll has a great blog, but i read all the content... anyway, the most important issue is that im not playing!! because of the dissapearing community!! we made an 24 people tournamente here in Barcelona before they announced the competitive finale!!! but now nobodys playing!!! thats why i ask for a CAMPAIGN expansion, in that way we can still playing witouth need a big community...

I CANT BELIEVE THERES NOBODY (playtester or friend of devs) THAT CANT SAY TO US JUST "no worries, they are working in more content, you gonna see more, one day..." CMON!!!!!

I periodically check in on this as well. It really pisses me off that GW ditched the Old World for the crap that is Age of Sigmar. I didn't think FFG would do the same.

Perhaps FFG can sell the DW license to someone who wants to keep it up. I was a big Warmachine (privateer press) player but it got so expensive that I had to stop. diskwars gave me the same feeling I got when playing a TT Mini game without the money pit.

Sad to see it go.

I played Dust for a couple of years, because its compared to other systems easy and you can play it out of the box. Warhammer had a interessting backgroudn story, but the miniatures are just too expensive and gameplay to slow. And I hate that GW company!

Now few weeks ago I have discovered Diskwars and surprisingly my wife also like it. Usually she hate all war games. Two weeks later I had both expansions and wanted to find out if there will be more in the future.

Now I have to read there was no news since over a year. Are there really not enough players who enjoy this game? This makes me feel sad :(

It is curious. They said that sales were strong right before the long period of silence began, so if they were telling the truth it is hard to explain the abandonment of the game. Maybe they just got too caught up in Star Wars, maybe they had some sort of hold from GW because of End Times and all of that, or maybe it wasn't really selling well and they were blowing smoke. Heck, maybe they planned it like board game releases (few and far between) all along. It would nice to hear something from them at some point rather than leaving us all guessing and hoping.

I for one will buy anything Diskwars that they put out, and I would buy multiple copies if I knew it would help keep the game afloat!

They have completely given up on supporting non-Star Wars. Okay, so stuff like Descent will get expansions, but they have realized that a crappy Star Wars game with lots of expansions makes more money than a well-designed Warhammer or Runebound game with lots of expansions. But they still make said Warhammer games, but only Core Sets and maybe one or two expansion.

I wouldn't say I'm the biggest Star Wars fan out there, but I am buying every SW RPG product out there, as well as the SW LCG packs. That being said, though, I do agree that it feels like FFG is neglecting the non-SW crowd that's around here. When I first got to play Diskwars, I made a deal with my friends that this was going to be THE game we would all invest in. I got 2 Core Sets and 2 of both expansions. We've been waiting for a really REALLY long time now to flesh out the Skaven, Dark & Wood Elves and the Lizardmen... and now it feels like the game we wanted to go all in for, died before it even got started. A shame, really.

I bet that, if they ever did a Star Wars Diskwars game, there would be a lot more expansions for it.

I bet that, if they ever did a Star Wars Diskwars game, there would be a lot more expansions for it.

I think mickey mouse is forcing FFG to make x amount of star wars per year or they lose the liscense. That seems like the most likely thing to explain it. Because I doubt a bad star wars game like Armada (that 80s style graphics gives me the shivers) makes more money than something like Battlelore or Runebound or Game of Thrones: Board game or Twilight Imperium if it wasn't getting all of the expansions. There are other markets FFG! You are going to suck the SW one dry!

Here's another fellow who wants this game to continue. Please FFG, give us more expansions to buy, more armies, campaigns, etc.

Just adding my voice so FFG knows there are still people out there who love this game and hope it continues.

Agreed. Just got back into the game, and I'd forgotten how tight and simple the rules are, but still feel really characterful!

Yeah, I've been so impressed by the elegance of the rules. The ability to have so much customization, asymmetrical play, the quick setup and playtime of a board game combined with the open style play of a miniatures war game, and the absolutely huge potential for players to customize the game to fit their own needs is truly impressive.

I'm determined to help wake up this community. I've put a post over on BGG about wanting to create some youtube content. Perhaps before FFG throws us a bone we need to do our part and help them out more.

I sold my copy (1core + 2 expansions) due to what i think there is no future of this game, but after that i feel so regret and at last I buy 2set back!

This is a great game , hope FFG or anyone who involved can listen : DON'T LET THIS GAME END !

For some one who may interest in this game, buy it now, you won't be regret!

WHDW had changed to be a causal game , yes , and this is why I love this game , without complicate rules, not much to setup , takes few mins to start ,

reasonable game time , decent price for what you got , great art work , different battlefield in every game , high quality , especially the disk ,

I was worried about will it be damage after the flipping during the game, although they are cardboard, but still very hard and not easy to be damaged.

The game give you a great combat feel, free , fast , deadly and tactical .

More than above , you can build your army for every wars , offering 4-10 totally different races(4 in Core set, 3 / expansion ) of your choice without spending too much .

I can't believe such a great game could be end like this ! I think the bright future will finally come. Have Faith Comrade !

Word on the street is they're losing the license.