My Farewell to FFG Star Wars

By tenchi2a, in General Discussion

We used to do that, but after an 8 to 13 hour game, most of us were going home with upset stomachs. We started pulling the cookies in favor of fruit (farmer's market if we had time to hit it on the way there), Veggie trays instead of chips (also cut from the farmer's market if there was time), bread and cheese, replaced the sodas with tea, beer and water. Not only are we not going home feeling sick anymore, the group is a lot more awake and energized in the game, particularly in the late evening.

I've found most gamers will eat what's on the table, I strongly recommend putting real food there. We even once did a seven course meal through the duration of a game.

Edited by Quicksilver

I've done sessions just like what Quicksilver said. Now a days it really depends on who is coming, when the session is held, and how long we are planning on playing. We did a 3 hour session on a camping trip and during the session everyone ate MRE's...

We normally have pizza before we start gaming and a few snacks and soda during games. Usually some odd imported (from america since we live in europe) stuff that's not very healthy.

Seaiously! Why do twinkies have sugare AND corn syrup AND high fructose corn syrup?

Also it mentioning beef fat is slightly worrying to me ;)

Edited by Robin Graves

Are you saying that american snacks are not healthy! Say that to my face and I'll whup your butt. . . . or I would if I could fit my ass into those tiny, tiny airline seats. . . .

(:

Are you saying that american snacks are not healthy! Say that to my face and I'll whup your butt. . . . or I would if I could fit my ass into those tiny, tiny airline seats. . . .

(:

Hmm. Was someone talking about bacon earlier in this thread? ;)

(:

Nothing wrong with bacon! :D

I'm not saying that they all are unhealthy, It's just that the first twinky i ate gave me heart palpatations :) (and why does it need two doses of corn syrup?) It didn't taste bad tough.

American sodas are great. Really like mountain dew Voltage! (even tough it looks like Windex)

Has anyone tried Mojito flavored 7up?

(:

Nothing wrong with bacon! :D

I'm not saying that they all are unhealthy, It's just that the first twinky i ate gave me heart palpatations :) (and why does it need two doses of corn syrup?) It didn't taste bad tough.

American sodas are great. Really like mountain dew Voltage! (even tough it looks like Windex)

Has anyone tried Mojito flavored 7up?

I may not like twinkies, but I'll defend them to the death. BUNKER HILL!

Yep our tables have to much rubbish food. We often eat pizza or kebab/shwarma before we start, and if one player is at the table then there WILL be chocolate and cookies and savory snacks on offer.

Trying to change that would be a quest of epic proportions. One of them has a really good argument as to putting lettuce and stuff on a kebab is just extra calories.

What do people tend to snack on while you are gaming? Our group usually eats fancy crackers and chips. Does anyone choose the healthier option?

Edit: BACON! I never thought of that. I will have to incorporate bacon as a snack.

There goes the healthy options :)

Edited by awayputurwpn

Our group tends to get together at about 5:00. There's not to much snacking, but we often actually have a real dinner around 6:00 or 7:00 that somebody cooks....like on a stove or in an oven. These can range anywhere from a reasonably healthy vegetable soup, up to the Mac and Cheese with a pound of bacon in it I made a couple weeks back. I think last week we were all lazy though and ordered out for Thai delivery.

Not to much snacking. I usually have a bag of chips around, and I tend to drink far to much diet cola. Sometimes we'll have a couple real cola's in the house.

We're all 40+, so our systems can't take the concentrated chip/pop/deep fried foodness of 20 years ago.

(edit: I have no idea why the system decided to indent my first paragraph there, weird).

Edited by Split Light

My group is family now. Usually my wife cooks dinner which tends to be something healthy and Thai. So, not much of a desire for snacks after they eat.

Old long lasting group I was in had pretty much a requirement of Doritos and canned bean dip. It became a tradition.

We're all 40+, so our systems can't take the concentrated chip/pop/deep fried foodness of 20 years ago.

I'm 45 and can easily woof down the above with no problem or immediate after affects. It's only the long term after affects (weight gain) that makes me say no. Most of the time.

Edited by Sturn

I'll buy all your dice for a buck-- could always use more dice for this game. And since your not playing a dollar is a good deal :)

All of his stuff on ebay he's currently asking $298* with shipping. Looking at the same prices at Amazon and Cool Stuff, it looks like I could get it all for approximately $325 with shipping. New, not used. He doesn't just want out he wants a refund. :) Based on my humble opinion and research - develop your own opinions and research please.

*His list includes F&D beta which I gave a value of $35 comparing to "new" prices online. The finished project is about to be released for around the same price so I would immediately toss that beta garbage and have to buy the new, complete F&D for another $35-$40. That makes your final price tag buying his used stuff plus an F&D beta replacement around $333 or more. Yep you are better buying it all brand new, unused, with the beginner boxes in place. Based on my humble opinion and research - develop your own opinions and research please.

Edited by Sturn

All of his stuff on ebay he's currently asking $298* with shipping. Looking at the same prices at Amazon and Cool Stuff, it looks like I could get it all for approximately $325 with shipping. New, not used. He doesn't just want out he wants a refund. :) Based on my humble opinion and research - develop your own opinions and research please.

*His list includes F&D beta which I gave a value of $35 comparing to "new" prices online. The finished project is about to be released for around the same price so I would immediately toss that beta garbage and have to buy the new, complete F&D for another $35-$40. That makes your final price tag buying his used stuff plus an F&D beta replacement around $333 or more. Yep you are better buying it all brand new, unused, with the beginner boxes in place. Based on my humble opinion and research - develop your own opinions and research please.

Wondering why he thinks that anyone who doesn't own a single FFG Star Wars RPG book would want to buy every single book they've printed in one go? That's a very steep entry fee.

OP, in all sincerity, I do hope someone eventually gets some use & enjoyment out of the books you bought. Makes me sad thinking about them all sitting, collecting dust.

Yeah, its more work (and more feebay costs), but I find that lots suck for sellers. The guy would be much better off breaking up the books and selling them on their own.

Mind you, the price seems to have gone down to 200 for the whole shebang. It's marginally better price than before - although I find that starting low (say, 30 or 40 bucks for an item of this magnitude) and letting the tidal wave of bids push your price up the better way to go than starting high and keeping the number of bids low.

***EDIT***

Whoops, looks like it's not an auction, but a buy it now. My bad.

Edited by Desslok