What system will this use?

By ajtheronin, in Zombie Apocalypse

Will it be similar to the system used on the Star Wars RPG? Like the 40K games? Something completely different?

I kinda hope something new, or like 40k but streamlined. Also how do you establish your stats?

Gm: "ok did anybody have trouble making their character?No? mind if i look at your sheets?"

Bruce:" sure."

Gm "aaaagh what is this? why are your speed, strenght, endurance and dexterity near max?""

Bruce "thats the way i'm built man, i'm ripped!"

Gm: "you are overweight, you don't work out and you can barly lift anything! go change your stats please!"

Gm" next one is- Mike? seriously?"

Mike: "what?"

Gm: " you expect me to believe you have 3 hunting rifles, a smith and wesson, a desert eagle, a sawn-off and a frigging AA-12 at your home?"

Mike: "yeah, wanna see 'em?" *glares at Gm*

Gm: "sigh, ok ill belive you" *shudders*

Gm: "and last, Tom's character sheet. Let's see...'Poison resistance'? care to explain why you have that special advantage?"

Tom: "remember that one time we ate that 3 day old pizza and i was the only one who did't threw up?"

Gm: sigh ok, i gues you have 'poison resistance'

Edited by Robin Graves

In similar systems I read it suggested that you have the rest of the group make your character that way you aren't biased. That however can go very wrong very quickly depending on your group's particular disposition that even towards you.

Unless I'm way off base, isn't this all going to be based on an existing system from a Spanish game "l Fin del Mundo: La Ira de los Dioses"

http://www.sectarios.org/foro/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6323

Edited by JoyrexJ9

I think I find the answer: It use 1d6 plus attribute based on the review of the Spanish version I found.

I think I find the answer: It use 1d6 plus attribute based on the review of the Spanish version I found.

The few bits of info I can find about the Spanish game all criticise the system greatly, so I hope FFG have made some changes

Please don't go with the WH40K system!

In similar systems I read it suggested that you have the rest of the group make your character that way you aren't biased. That however can go very wrong very quickly depending on your group's particular disposition that even towards you.

Oh yeah i agree. Instead we'd have this:

Mike: "har har very funny guys, giving me the "weak-as-a-kitten" ,"slow" and "phobia: clowns" disadvantges.

Tom: "he he, only because we could'nt pick "phobia: everything"

Bruce: "Oi! I'm also not "slow" either! you bast*rds!"

Tom: "Hang on a bloody second! Mike you gave me a 7.5 in Inteligence!"

Mike "uh yeah your pretty smart so-"

Tom: "YOU CALL THAT SMART? 75%? !!!"

Mike : "dude shill i didn't-"

Tom "I'm atleast a 8.0 you *sshole!"

Bruce: "that's only 5% more, is it that important?"

Tom" YES!!!"

Gm: *flips the table*

Edited by Robin Graves

Like I said, you have to have a group that's willing to participate in the activity honestly and sanely.

Like I said, you have to have a group that's willing to participate in the activity honestly and sanely.

Sanely huh? well there goes my group! :)

Gm: "ok did anybody have trouble making their character?No? mind if i look at your sheets?"

Bruce:" sure."

Gm "aaaagh what is this? why are your speed, strenght, endurance and dexterity near max?""

Bruce "thats the way i'm built man, i'm ripped!"

Gm: "you are overweight, you don't work out and you can barly lift anything! go change your stats please!"

Gm" next one is- Mike? seriously?"

Mike: "what?"

Gm: " you expect me to believe you have 3 hunting rifles, a smith and wesson, a desert eagle, a sawn-off and a frigging AA-12 at your home?"

Mike: "yeah, wanna see 'em?" *glares at Gm*

Gm: "sigh, ok ill belive you" *shudders*

Gm: "and last, Tom's character sheet. Let's see...'Poison resistance'? care to explain why you have that special advantage?"

Tom: "remember that one time we ate that 3 day old pizza and i was the only one who did't threw up?"

Gm: sigh ok, i gues you have 'poison resistance'

This is he issue. My cousin, you see, he would have expert hacking, JROTC Training, and knowledge on military command, not to mention he'd bring over his hacking computer, playing computer, all of his gadgets-and-doo-daas, maybe oeven a generator if he has one, and probably a small arsenal of melee weapons, also bringing in a healthy amount of physical and mental skills, while the rest of us will be nothing but a bunch of out of shape nobodies that get straight A's but couldn't fight for jack crap. The only one of us that could stand a chance would be the one that can run faster than I can bike (he's crazy fast).

Also, I'm pretty sure gear goes with what's on hand. And you would definitely need group approval on your sheet.

Like mentioned above most of the reviews in Spanish don't like the system. Not the setting 'though. The system mostly.

BTW the review I read is here (in Spanish).

Basically characters have 3 characteristics with 2 attribute each. You spend 10 points between attributes and give each characteristic 2 aspects (a la FATE), one good and one bad. Then the other players vote on your choices and based on their votes you either win or lose points or aspects.

The game is based on 1d6 plus your ability modifier (the name may change in the official translation). Thing is the ability modifier is based on your Characteristic and other stuff like the character concept, aspect, permanent stress, strategic position, help, overexertion and concentration (again stuff names may change in the official translation).

Looks..strange.

Edited by ajtheronin

Strange is good we need more weird systems.

Here is a image of the character sheet:

finmundoplantilla.jpg

I seriously hope there's no alignment rules in the sythem. Figuring out wether the Gm's girlfriend is chaotic neutral or chaotic evil is a whole hornets nest we don't need.

And here is another "intresting situation" :

Gm: "okay you are being chased by a giant ant controled by the alien invaders. what do you do?"

Tom : "i'll run away: with my speed and endurance of 76 i should easily outdistance the monster."

Bruce: " I trip Tom."

Gm and Tom: "WHAT?!"

Bruce" hey i can't outrun that **** thing, but maybe while it is eh- distracted by Tom i can get away."

Gm" eh-"

Bruce " If your not fast then you gotta be smart."

Tom" so you feed me to the giant ants?!!"

Bruce: "I don't have to outrun it, i just have to outrun you."

Tom "traitor!"

I seriously hope there's no alignment rules in the sythem. Figuring out wether the Gm's girlfriend is chaotic neutral or chaotic evil is a whole hornets nest we don't need.

I've never much cared for alignment systems, especially those that hinge on a moral, "good-evil" binary. For one thing, good and evil are abstract, subjective concepts that not everyone can agree on; for another, nobody sets out with a conscious intent to be evil (well, for the most part. I'm sure there are exceptions here).

Human morality is much more gray than alignments, even if there was a system I'd never use it.

If you do play yourselves you might just learn some interesting/disturbing things about you and your fellow gamers if they were ever in that kind of situation.

Human morality is much more gray than alignments, even if there was a system I'd never use it.

If you do play yourselves you might just learn some interesting/disturbing things about you and your fellow gamers if they were ever in that kind of situation.

Like in the Hunter: the vigil, Slasher splatbook for NWoD. It's disturbing enough when you find out what sort of ghoulish shenanigans your friends would get up to if they were vampires are werewolves. But when they are playing serial killers and they start describing exactly what they gonna do to the corpse of their latest kill, things get- uncomfortable...

Like in the Hunter: the vigil, Slasher splatbook for NWoD. It's disturbing enough when you find out what sort of ghoulish shenanigans your friends would get up to if they were vampires are werewolves. But when they are playing serial killers and they start describing exactly what they gonna do to the corpse of their latest kill, things get- uncomfortable...

Ugh. I hate those situations. The following happened during a SW Saga Edition game:

GM: All right, you guys killed him. Now-

Questionable Player: I eat his finger.

GM: WHAT?!?

QP: What? There's no meat on the ship, and I'm a Wookiee. Shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Later...

Other Player: I knock him out and sell him to slavers.

QP: What? Why?

OP: You ate a guys finger!

QP: I don't see what the big deal is.

Oh, and don't get me started on when the Questionable Player caught a prisoner in another game... *shudder*

Yeah, that's a player problem to be dealt with outside of play.

Try making sure limits are known on actions that may unnerve other people at the table including yourself.

And then FF had to make a game called Black crusade in wich you play the villains from the 40k universe.

The transhuman, mutated daemon worshiping villains.

And to make matters worse they made the Tome of excess: a splat book for characters dedicated to the god of sex, excess, drug use, ****, torture, SM, and naughty bits :)

The one game our Gm told us not to take it to far...

Excess means just that, an excess of emotion. It by no means has to be about any of the things you listed. In fact in certain cases Slaneesh may actively disapprove of their followers doing these things.

Back to the rules: I still haven't figure out (or found a review) about how the GM set the difficulty and how a player figure out how many dice to roll.

yeah right. It's excess in ANYTHING not just emotion. There are a lot of hints as to what the emperors children were doing during the siege of terra.

Here is a image of the character sheet:

finmundoplantilla.jpg

This looks like it may run on a variant of the FATE system. Color me excited.