What you missed in the last faq´s

By orion_kurnous, in 1. AGoT General Discussion

i lke the last faqs, because they cut several problems as the abuse of command in KOTHH or burning an another recursive effects that use red keep, but i thing they forgot several things to restrict:

-Cersei Scheme

-Harry the rivelands

i believe now the game of kneel characters it´s the most powerfull, What do you think?

Nope.

nope ;)

negative.

Nope. Every card that has hurt you in a game shouldnt be restricted.

Also going to have to say "No", at least until the meta shakes out. Soft control is inherently less worrisome, and at least in the first 10 tournaments I have data for, Lannister doesn't feature too prominently. I'm sure you'll prove us all wrong, as you have in the past.

Now, to be fair, I don't mean to single you out with all those links - we all over/underestimate cards, and it's only natural to see cards you don't like in a "should be restricted" light. That said, I think it's better to let a meta play out for a while, THEN identify problem cards. I'm pretty wary of Dragonpit in the current meta, but I haven't yet called for any restrictions. Ask again in 2 months :P .

Dragonpit is such a weird card. It's good in the right match-up and then hosed in the wrong one. I think Dragonpit would be hard-pressed to win a premiere tournament just because it would eventually hit its bad match up. On an individual game to game level its power level is so high, though...

What are its bad match ups iyo mdc?

I don't know if there is necessarily one in the current environment, but anything that is equally heavily shadows based will give it a rough time. So a Stark Winter Shadows build might give it fits. City of Shadows would probably give it fits. Tunnels would definitely give it fits. The big question is does one of those get matched up against a Dragonpit deck after pool play? Dunno.

Are any of them tournament viable? Again, dunno.

Also Stark Wildlings would probably just laugh at Dragonpit. Any wildling build really. The +1 Str and -1 conditional Str off-set each other (assuming the Wildling player doesn't have Shadows cards).

That's why I find it such an odd card. It's great except when it's not. And with Stark Wildlings probably going to see a rise in popularity I think that might be its worst matchup.

Edited by mdc273

I wish they fixed the penny / laughing storm interaction. Penny should be able to kneel TLS, imo.

The fact that she can't is a very conscious decision on the part of FFG. When the FAQ that updated cards like Sorrowful Man and Shield Islands Dromon so that they no longer had the same "out" that Penny has was released, they specifically mentioned she was considered and not updated. So as far as FFG is concerned, there's nothing to "fix" in the Penny/Laughing Storm interaction.

I wish they fixed the penny / laughing storm interaction. Penny should be able to kneel TLS, imo.

Waidaminid. Penny is not able to kneel TLS? On the contrary, the way I see it, Penny will *always* kneel TLS.

Penny chooses TLS and makes TLS's controller choose one of two options:

1) Kneel TLS.

2) Choose and discard a card from hand.

Option 1) does *not* involve choosing a target. It is simply choosing to follow a course of action. TLS has already been chosen as a target.

Option 2) however *does* have you choose a target. You choose the card to discard as a target of the effect. Since, due to TLS, cards *cannot* be discarded from TLS's controller's hand, the targeting requirements for option 2) *cannot* be fulfilled by a player who controls a standing TLS. Hence, such a player *cannot* choose option 2) and will always *have to* choose option 1). Ergo, TLS kneels no matter what.

Or am I missing something?

You are missing that Penny doesn't tell you to DO option 1 or 2, but rather tells you to CHOOSE option 1 or 2, which you them have to attempt. Because you are choosing the option of effects to resolve (rather than simply resolving one or the other), you don't need to choose one that will be successful. Penny never kneels TLS because the player always says "choose between kneel and discard? I choose discard.", fulfilling Penny's instructions to that player. He then "fails" the discard.

This was the whole controversy awhile back on why Sorrowful Man had no teeth - until her was given errata to take out the choice between killing and paying.

Right. Chooses to choose. I knew that. Move on. Nothing to see here. :D