Terminal Schemes would be restricted?

By orion_kurnous, in 1. AGoT General Discussion

Hello buddies, i open this post to hear your opinion, this week i build 2 decks Lannister/baratheon that used Die by the sword and Terminal schemes, these decks are horribles, and i believe they are at the same level of my old stark siege die by the sword/no quarter, i think that when it´s possible build a deck with this cards Terminal schemes would be restricted to avoid this as no quarter was restricted.

What do you think?

No Quarter was restricted because it was simply too easy to trigger - it functionally had no requirement except "winning a military challenge".

Seductive Promise, Terminal Schemes, Die by the Sword are much easier to see coming, and the first two are at least somewhat easier to prevent.

There have been several Bara decks (and Lanni decks) that have used these kill events to great effect; Bara Wildlings (See darknoj's regional deck) and Lanni NW (made several appearances at a Madrid regional) seem to be the two recent ones that ran all three of those events. It's heavy aggro, but there are counters. I really don't see them restricting Schemes.

Edited by -Istaril

Terminal shemes its better than no quarter because it´s not limited to one by challenge you can have 2 and kill 2 characters, and i believe it´s very easy in a lannister deck with the last army trigger this card, and lannister have many stealth with I and many cards that knelt defenders, for that you can kill all oponents characters in one round or maybe in one challenge,

You forgot that if you win a M challenge you kill one character (add choose and kill) but whit Terminal you kill and you have I claim, for that opponent can loose more characters and its more difficult to recover for the next round,

F.e. you attack with claim 2 in I, you kill one if you have terminal schemes, you quit 2 cards (maybe 4 if you have PBTIT agenda) and you kill opponent defender in M challenge that normally dont have I, now you attack in M challenge, another 2 characters die.

I believe you are wrong, and seductive dont affect uniques characters, and there are few house tyrell characters.

Now Lannister have many War Crest and with that i believe they are very powerfull.

F.e. you attack with claim 2 in I, you kill one if you have terminal schemes, you quit 2 cards (maybe 4 if you have PBTIT agenda) and you kill opponent defender in M challenge that normally dont have I, now you attack in M challenge, another 2 characters die.

I could just as easily re-word your argument with Die by the Sword (start with a Mil, kill 3 people opening the way for a a claim 2 intrigue), so that's not really a good way to argue.

Some of the advantages of Die by the Sword are that you don't need to over-commit to the challenge to push it through, you can target a character that was saved against claim and kill him again to remove a key "protected" character. You're also more likely to make it save or cancel-proof with characters like Euron Crow's Eye, Brienne of Tarth, etc, and you can use it out of more houses. Some of the advantages to Terminal Schemes include not needing a specific crest or character type, and being able to take advantage of a potential hole in your opponent's defences (since some decks neglect intrigue icons, to their detriment).

If you're really worried about Terminal Schemes, don't lose intrigue challenges by 4 or more unless you have saves or cancels at your disposal. Terminal Schemes isn't even in Auto-include territory, and is less likely to see play than A House Divided out of Lanni, so it's far from the top of my "cards I'd like to restrict" list.

I haven't used Terminal Schemes in a while. It's a good event, but so are plenty of other cards. No restriction necessary.

OK. That's it. I'm doing this now.

Starting today, I will create a list of cards that people demand restricted/banned on the forums. Six months from now I will release the list, and we all will have a good laugh. If you see a restriction demand, give me a heads up.

Starting today, I will create a list of cards that people demand restricted/banned on the forums. Six months from now I will release the list, and we all will have a good laugh. If you see a restriction demand, give me a heads up.

Remember this ?

Remember this ?

Lol i leterally could not wait to see what i hid in that url in the other thread. No memory of doing that and still made me lolirl.