Meera restricted???

By orion_kurnous, in 1. AGoT General Discussion

I heard a conversation that meera red its going to be in te restricted list? anyone know something about that?

I hope no…i believe there are many cards to be restricted before meera!!!

Unless that conversation involved Nate and/or Damon I dont think you should give it much credence. She can be very powerful, especially in a Winter deck, but shes just a solid control card and is easily killed by VB or Flame-Kissed. She doesnt even combo with anything like TVB + NE that was becoming so popular before TVB hit the list. There are plenty of other cards that need restricting before she does imo.

They've restricted plots for being a bit too obvious as auto-includes, and I don't think any Stark card is more of a no-brainer than Meera. Not saying I think she needs to be restricted, but it wouldn't really surprise me too much.

There are plenty of Stark no-brainers that I would include at the same time as Meera - KL Sansa, KL Arya, Brienne, Bouncing Catelyn, the NCF, and the Blackfish -nobody is calling to have those restricted!

Tomdidiot said:

KL Sansa, KL Arya, Brienne, Bouncing Catelyn, the NCF, and the Blackfish

Lol, I only used one of those cards in my GenCon deck and wouldnt consider any of those an auto-include.

Not that I'm saying they arent strong cards, but Hodor would go in almost all my Stark decks first.

Skowza said:

Tomdidiot said:

Lol, I only used one of those cards in my GenCon deck and wouldnt consider any of those an auto-include.

Yeah, that list didn't seem quite on par with Meera to me either. I agree with your POV: It wouldn't really surprise me either way. She's very good but really, what are you taking away if you restrict her? S&D?

imrahil327 said:

Skowza said:

Tomdidiot said:

Yeah, that list didn't seem quite on par with Meera to me either. I agree with your POV: It wouldn't really surprise me either way. She's very good but really, what are you taking away if you restrict her? S&D?

Narrow Escape for Kinghts/Winter. Fear of Winter for Siege, Stark Maesters and S&D for everyone else.

As for the list, I'm not saying they're on par with Meera (except possibly for Brienne - for most intents and purposes, she "blanks" every one of your opponent's triggered effects for the duration of a challenge) - but they're all staples that would go in most Stark decks -fishy draws, Catelyn blcoks intrigues, Arya survives valar, NCF just hits things, and KL Sansa can be a beast against the right deck.

Tomdidiot said:

There are plenty of Stark no-brainers that I would include at the same time as Meera - KL Sansa, KL Arya, Brienne, Bouncing Catelyn, the NCF, and the Blackfish -nobody is calling to have those restricted!

I'm in favour of restricting all of those. Possibly along with the Stark house card.

I also heard that secret hideout is going to be restricted. The midgets in my garden told me.

*True story*

alquimista said:

I also heard that secret hideout is going to be restricted. The midgets in my garden told me.

*True story*

~ **** those midgets! They told me that Baratheon would be getting some sweet and efficient draw engines in the next CP Cycle. I should've known…

Never trust the midgets!! :P

Tomdidiot said:

I agree with the others in not seeing any of these as cards to add to the restricted list.

A restricted Sansa, that will be the day. :)

Champ cards should be meta-changing without being broken as part of a combo (and almost all are). I think Meera is incredibly powerful, but not worth restricting.

Bomb said:

Tomdidiot said:

I agree with the others in not seeing any of these as cards to add to the restricted list.

Oh, I'm not saying that they should be added to the restricted list - I'm saying I don't see how Meera is any more powerful than those cards - versatile, yes, but those cards all have silly strong effects in some way or another. At the end of the day, Meera is Stark's only real answer to a lot of things, and I don't think banning her is neccessary, or warranted.

Tomdidiot said:

I'm saying I don't see how Meera is any more powerful than those cards

Meera is infintely stronger than all those, shes ultimate control, especially in Winter. Cat is useful but so are the other versions, Sansa is situational and combos poorly with Meera and KL Arya that you like, also useless in melee, Brienne and NCF get knelt or burned or icon-stripped, BF is really just a Renown guy that might net you a few cards… Meera shows up mid-Challenge phase and screws whole strategies over, then hides from opponents trickery after you lose a Refugee during Dominance.

Tomdidiot said:

At the end of the day, Meera is Stark's only real answer to a lot of things

And here is the part what I find problematic, no house should have such an easy answer to "a lot of things" and I would even like to see Greyjoy get the Marauders on the restricted list with Stark getting Meera. Ban? definitely no, but I wouldn't be surprised if she got restricted as she is overly flexible.

Well, the answer of what cards need to be on Restricted or Banned list depends on FFG's definition of what cards should be added to those. So here is the question to general audience: what is common between cards that are on Restricted list and can you extrapolate those qualities to Meera? And of course, does FFG playtest restricted list before/after changes or is it just showing the general consensus of people playing the game?

Meera is a great card. But, I don't think that she is worthy of the restricted list.

Meera adds lots of fun to this game. A great card design. Restricting her would be a bad idea. Also, while restricting Meera, FFG should also restrict Red Viper (nonsense card) , Cyvasse, manning the city wall (see free bannermen), threat from the north, hatching feast, to be a dragon, knight of flowers, standing bob, the laughing storm, wintertime marauders. But what game would then be ? Nothing too broken yet. There are many ways to deal with Meera and Meera is just one of them. As a side note, any house using the shadow agenda can play Meera. What more can you ask ?

same here: i dont see any need to restrict meera. in fact i like this card a lot (and not only when playing her myself).

as soon as the top cards in the game are restricted, there will be other not-yet-restricted top cards. and eventually someone will start to ask for more restrictions.

there needs to be some criteria for the need of restricting a card. i assume FFG though about that and decides accordingly. restricting the top cards of the game just because they are on top doesnt make sense at all.