Lord Zack's Vehicles Thread

By Lord Zack, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

In this thread I will attempt to stat out vehicles and hopefully not fail too much.

Imperial Repulsorlift Transport

Silhouette: 3

Speed:2

Handling: 0

Shield: 0/-/-/0

Armor: 0

HT Threshold: 8

SS Threshold: 5

Vehicle Type/Model: Landspeeder/Imperial Repulsorlift Transport

Manufacturer: Ubrikkian Industries (possibly?)

Sensor Range: Close

Crew: one pilot, one gunner, one sensor/tech officer, one mechanic

Encumbrance Capacity: 100 (without passengers)

Passenger Capacity: 4

Cost/Rarity: 6,000 credits/6

Customization Hard Points: 2

Weapons: Forward Mounted Light Blaster Cannon (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 4; Critical 4; Range [Close]

This is a vehicle that to my knowledge has never been actually described, only referred to. Repulsorlift Squads of the Imperial Army use two of these each. I basically used the stats of X-34 Landspeeder and Personnel Carrier as references. The designation of Ubrikkian Industries as the manufacturer was pretty much a guess as was the armament (the description of the H eavy Weapons Repulsorlift Squad says they have additional armament, so...

Edit: It has occurred to me that the role of this vehicle could probably be filled by a modified, or rather unmodified Chariot LAV, as the command vehicle is actually supposed to be a variant.

Edited by Lord Zack
Chariot LAV

TIE Starfighter (early type)

Speed: 5

Handling: +3

Defense: 1/-/-/0

Armor: 2

SS Threshold: 8

Hull Type/Class: starfighter/ TIE series

Manufacturer: Sienar Fleet Systems

Hyperdrive: x2

Navicomputer: Limited (2-jump memory)

Ship's Complement: one pilot

Encumbrance Capacity: 4

Passenger Capacity: 0

Consumables: Two weeks

Cost/Rarity: 130,000 (75,000 used) ®/6

Customization Hard Points: 0

Weapons: Forward Mounted Medium Laser Cannons (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [Close]; Linked 1).

Forward Mounted Concussion Missile Launchers (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [short]; Breach 4, Blast 4, Guided 3, Limited Ammo 1, Linked 1, Slow-firing 1)

The early version of the TIE Fighter used shortly after the Clone Wars. Eventually mostly replaced by the more stripped down and less expensive TIE/LN.

Edited by Lord Zack

Feedback would be appreciated.

What's your source for the TIE? It doesn't match other stuff I've read in the past.

It's not the version of the TIE that appears in most sources. It's an earlier version before the more common TIE/LN that appears in the movies. My main source was the Force Unleashed Campaign Guide for Saga Edition.

In this thread I will attempt to stat out vehicles and hopefully not fail too much.

Imperial Repulsorlift Transport

Speed:2

Handling: 0

Shield: 0/-/-/0

Armor: 0

Vehicle Type/Model: Landspeeder/Imperial Repulsorlift Transport

Manufacturer: Ubrikkian Industries (possibly?)

Crew: one pilot, one gunner, one sensor/tech officer, one mechanic

Encumbrance Capacity: 100 (without passengers)

Passenger Capacity: 4

Cost/Rarity: 6,000 credits/6

Weapons: Forward Mounted Light Blaster Cannon (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 4; Critical 4; Range [Close]

This is a vehicle that to my knowledge has never been actually described, only referred to. Repulsorlift Squads of the Imperial Army use two of these each. I basically used the stats of X-34 Landspeeder and Personnel Carrier as references. The designation of Ubrikkian Industries as the manufacturer was pretty much a guess as was the armament (the description of the Heavy Weapons Repulsorlift Squad says they have additional armament, so...

Where did you pull this from, if I may ask? I haven't done too much work with atmospheric vehicles (that's docket #3, as my players aren't doing anything military based yet and I want to see AoR before I do most of my ideas), but this seems to essentially be a dumbed down Speeder Truck(page 250) with better speed and handling and the addition of a blaster cannon.

If you can tell me what inspired these stats, I can give you better criticism.

The WEG Imperial Sourcebook. It describes a vehicle used by Imperial Army Repulsorlift Squad s, and yet none of the vehicles statted in the book fit the description.

TIE Starfighter (early type)

Hull Type/Class: starfighter/ TIE series

Hyperdrive: x2

Navicomputer: Limited (2-jump memory)

Ship's Complement: one pilot

Cost/Rarity: 130,000 (75,000 used) ®/6

Weapons: Forward Mounted Medium Laser Cannons (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [Close]; Linked 1).

Forward Mounted Concussion Missile Launchers (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [short]; Breach 4, Blast 4, Guided 3, Limited Ammo 1, Linked 1, Slow-firing 1)

The early version of the TIE Fighter used shortly after the Clone Wars. Eventually mostly replaced by the more stripped down and less expensive TIE/LN.

First, you should add "Prototype" to the title of the ship, to better differentiate it from the other TIEs. The Force Unleashed Guide from Saga Edition, which you reference, did this; just because Wookieepedia changed the name to "TIE Starfighter" doesn't mean it's the best way to go, especially since the page discussing it gets redirected from " TIE Prototype ."

I am going to note that the early versions with those types of equipment suffered from reduced speed and maneuverability due to the excessive equipment needed to power the alternative systems (like life support, missile targeting systems, etc).

That said, I would be tempted to drop the Speed to 4, but I would understand the argument to leave it at Speed 5 to show that it had potential compared to other ships at the time ( especially considering how I'm guessing some of those ships would be statted ).

Handling I would drop to +1, possibly even +2 at the best, for the exact same reason.

As there were two missile launchers, I would change the "limited" to 2 instead of 1.

Finally, to quote the exact source you are mentioning: "The first prototype TIEs were actually tougher than the final version, but they also cost more." That said, you may want to increase the Hull Threshold by a point or two to denote this.

Well it's kind of silly that WotC called it a prototype, since it's clearly described as a production model. Also, the name TIE starfighter predates the Force Unleashed Campaign Guide. For my current campaign there is no reason to distinguish it from the TIE/LN since that fighter will not exist for several years. However, I will most likely incorporate all of your other suggestions.

Maybe I could call it the TIE/PT (production type) or TIE/MP (mass production).

I'm thinking of converting some of the vehicles from Unknown Regions. I think they may likely see some use in my current campaign. Most likely the PX-10 CAV first.

Edited by Lord Zack

Thanks for the CAV stats. Now for stats for the Theta-class Shuttle, which Palpatine used in Episode 3.

T-2c Theta-class Shuttle

Silhouette: 4

Speed: 3

Handling: +0

Defense: 2/-/-1

Armor: 4

HT Threshold: 25

SS Threshold: 15

Hull Type/Class: shuttle/ Theta

Manufacturer: Cygnus Spaceworks

Hyperdrive: Primary: Class 1, Backup: Class 15

Navicomputer: Yes

Ship's Complement: one pilot, one navigator, one gunner, one comms operator, and one engineer

Encumbrance Capacity: 125 (Without Passengers)

Passenger Capacity: 16

Cost/Rarity: 1,000,000 (210,000 without luxury upgrade) ®/7 (6 without luxury upgrade)

Weapons: Forward-mounted quad laser cannons (Fire Arc Forward, Damage 5; Critical 3; Range [Close]; Accurate 1; Linked 1).

Aft-mounted medium laser cannon (Fire Arc Forward, Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [Close])

Also the All Terrain Recon Transport

All Terrain Recon Transport

Silhouette: 2

Speed: 2

Handling: +1

Defense: 0/-/-/0

Armor: 3

HT Threshold: 4

Vehicle/Model: Reconnaissance Walker/AT-RT

Manufacturer: Kuat Drive Yards

Crew: one pilot

Cost/Rarity: 40,000 credits (24,000 used)

Customization Hard Points: 1

Weapons: Forward Mounted Light Laser Cannon (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 5; Critical 3; Range [Close])

I'll get back to you on your shuttle later. I don't have any of my books with me today due to it being insane at work (ugh, monthly reports, strategic planning meetings and staff meetings). I'll try to find some time over the next few days and get back to you on this.

A new vehicle after quite some time. I am finally playing again and I want to use this starfighter in my campaign, so:

A-6 Interceptor

Speed: 4

HT Threshold: 5

Hull Type/ Class: starfighter/A-series

Manufacturer: Kuat Drive Yards

Hyperdrive: None

Navicomputer: No

Crew: One pilot

Consumables: One day

Cost/Rarity: 30,000/4

Weapons: Forward Mounted Medium Laser Cannons (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [Close]; Linked 1)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/A-6%20Interceptor

Edited by Lord Zack

Here is the TIE Starfighter again, but I now know that despite what Wookieepedia says it is different from the TIE Prototype in the Force Unleashed Campaign Guide, which I may or may not revisit in the future. These stats are based on the stats for the TIE Starfighter in the Star Wars Sourcebook.

TIE Starfighter

HT Threshold: 6

Hull Type/Class: Starfighter/TIE Series

Navicomputer: None

Crew: One pilot

Consumables: Two days

Cost/Rarity: (R) 40,000/4

Weapons: Forward-mounted heavy blaster cannons (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 5; Critical 4; Range [Close]; Linked 1).

There are a couple more starfighters coming and I will be attempting to stat out some capital ships in the future.

Edited by Lord Zack

Mining Guild TIE Fighter

HT Threshold: 6

Hull Type/Class: Starfighter/ TIE Series

Navicomputer: None

Crew: One Pilot

Consumables: Two days

Cost/Rarity: (R) 35,000 credits/6

Weapons: Forward-mounted light laser cannons (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 5; Critical 3; Range [Close]; Linked 1).

The TIEs used by the Mining Guild in Star Wars Rebels. I imagine similar vessels may be in use by other factions with positive relations to the Empire.

R-22 Spearhead

Handling: +2

Hull Threshold: 6

Hull Type/Class: Starfighter/R-22 Spearhead

Manufacturer: Hoersch-Kessel Drive, Inc. (probably)

Hyperdrive: Primary: Class 2

Crew: One Pilot

Consumables: One Week

Cost/Rarity: 90,000 credits/7

Customization Hard Points: 3

Weapons: Forward-mounted heavy blaster cannons (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 5; Critical 4; Range [Close]; Linked 1)

Most of this is conjecture and guesswork. This represents a stock model. Versions used by the Alliance are commonly modified, replacing the blaster cannons with laser cannons, adding concussion missile launchers and increasing the speed. I have considered dropping the speed and maneuverability for the stock model.

My headcanon for these vessels that they were built by HK in an attempt to duplicate the success of KSE's Eta-2s and V-Wings and become the next main fighter for the Empire. Unfortunately for them the Empire went with the TIEs instead and HK was forced to sell these fighters to Planetary Security Forces instead.

Edited by Lord Zack

CR70 Corvette

Silhouette: 5

Speed: 3

Handling: -1

Defense: 2/1/1/2

Armor: 5

HT Threshold: 50

SS Threshold: 25

Hull Type/Class: Corvette/CR 70

Manufacturer: Corellian Engineering Corporation

Hyperdrive: Primary: Class 2, Backup: None

Sensor Range: Long

Ship's Complement: 18 to 150 depending on configuration

Encumbrance Capacity: 4000 depending on configuration

Passenger Capacity: Up to 600 depending on configuration

Consumables: One Year

Cost/Rarity: 800,000/7

Customization Hard Points: 4

Yeah this one was pretty easy, given that, like much of what I've done so far it's basically tweaking of existing statistics. Hopefully I can move on to some more challenging ships and there may be more room for feedback with those.

This might be the trickiest ship I've built yet- the Intersector-class sloop created by fractalsponge. Much of this was, hopefully educated, guesses.

Intersector-class sloop

Handling: -1

Defense: 2/1/1/2

Armor: 4

HT Threshold: 35

SS Threshold: 25

Hull Type/Class: Sloop/Intersector

Manufacturer: Corellian Engineering Corps

Hyperdrive: Primary: Class 2, Backup; Class 12

Sensor Range: Extreme

Ship's Complement: One captain, one pilot, one co-pilot, one engineer, one mate, seven gunners.

Starfighter Complement: None

Encumbrance Capacity: 250

Passenger Capacity: 10

Consumables: Five months

Cost/Rarity: 500,000 (R)/ 6

Weapons: One dorsal and one ventral turret-mounted twin ultra-light turbolaser batteries (Fire Arc All; Damage 8; Critical 3; Range [Medium]; Breach 1, Linked 1)

Two dorsal and two ventral turret-mounted quad laser cannons (Fire Arc All; Damage 5; Critical 3; Range [Close]; Accurate, Linked 3)

Forward concussion missile launcher (Fire Arc: Forward; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [Short]; Breach 4, Blast 4, Guided, Limited Ammo 10, Slow-Firing).

Edited by Lord Zack
Clarity

Why seven gunners for three weapons?

That would be because I forgot to put in the four quad laser turrets. I'll just have to fix that.

7 hours ago, Lord Zack said:

This might be the trickiest ship I've built yet- the Intersector-class sloop created by fractalsponge. Much of this was, hopefully educated, guesses.

Intersector-class sloop

Based on the artist's intent of making this an "imperial falcon", and the size, I'd have gone with Sil 4 and two twin heavy lasers for the big guns. The quad guns are clearly quads, and it would excell as an anti-fighter gunship. I had thought about making something based on this but had planned to just do a more unique linked quads or quad auto-blasters to be a bit more sane.

He has stated that the vessel is about 76 meters long, and its dual turrets are supposedly "ultralight turbolasers."

1 hour ago, Lord Zack said:

He has stated that the vessel is about 76 meters long, and its dual turrets are supposedly "ultralight turbolasers."

I only have the artstation page to go on. I'm basing my size on comparing the side hatches as well as the quad laser cannons and it doesn't look much larger than the falcon. Definitely thicker, similar to the ghost which I still think it should be sil4 rather than 5, but that is another discussion. :D