Lord Zack's Vehicles Thread

By Lord Zack, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

16 hours ago, Ahrimon said:

I only have the artstation page to go on. I'm basing my size on comparing the side hatches as well as the quad laser cannons and it doesn't look much larger than the falcon. Definitely thicker, similar to the ghost which I still think it should be sil4 rather than 5, but that is another discussion. :D

Anything 50 meters or more in length is Sil 5. In fact, some ships smaller than that, such as the VCX-100 are also Sil 5 because of their bulk and volume.

2 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Anything 50 meters or more in length is Sil 5. In fact, some ships smaller than that, such as the VCX-100 are also Sil 5 because of their bulk and volume.

Not entirely true. Loronar E-9 explorer. Listed as 65m long and is Sil 4.

It's not an "if x = y then z must = q" statement. Length and Sil are not a direct correlation. Sure you can make guess-timations but It is not an exact science.

I think that the Ghost at sil5 was because of the sil3 shuttle. Someone was thinking about the hangar attachment when really that shuttle is in a secure, custom, docking clamp.

You know, maybe I'll put the VCX-100 on my list of things to stat. I'm already planning on correcting the Victory-class Star Destroyer and maybe TIE/d Defender.

54 minutes ago, Ahrimon said:

I think that the Ghost at sil5 was because of the sil3 shuttle. Someone was thinking about the hangar attachment when really that shuttle is in a secure, custom, docking clamp.

It’s also because of the volume of the ship. It’s got three decks. It may not be a very long ship, but it’s still a big ship. It makes perfect sense for it to be Sil 5.

TIE/sp space superiority starfighter

Silhouette: 3

Speed: 5

Handling: +3

Defense: 1/-/-/1

Armor: 2

Hull Threshold: 8

System Threshold: 8

Hull Type/Class: starfighter/TIE Series

Manufacturer: Sienar-Jaemus Fleet Systems

Hyperdrive: x2

Navicomputer: Equipped

Sensor Range: Close

Crew: One Pilot

Encumbrance Capacity: 8

Passenger Capacity: 0

Consumables: Four Days

Cost/Rarity: (R) 160,000

Customization Hard Points: 1

Weapons: Wingtip mounted medium laser cannons (Fire Arc: Forward; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [Close]; Linked 3).

Forward mounted concussion missile launchers (Fire Arc: Forward; Damage: 6; Critical 3; Range [Short]; Breach 4, Blast 4, Guided 3, Limited Ammo 8, Slow-firing 1).

This thing is my invention, more or less. I used LibrariaNPC's TIE Avenger stats as a reference as I intended it basically as a detuned TIE/ad, intended to be the next main space superiority starfighter for the Imperial Remnant, so a big thanks to LibrariaNPC. It is also intended as a replacement for the TIE/fo in a potential future Force Awakens-era with Legends mixed in campaign. You guys might find some use for it too, so go ahead if you do.

Edited by Lord Zack
On 9/20/2019 at 7:37 PM, Lord Zack said:

TIE/sp space superiority starfighter

Speed: 5

Handling: +3

Defense: 1/-/-/1

Hull Threshold: 8

System Threshold: 8

Hull Type/Class: starfighter/TIE Series

Manufacturer: Sienar-Jaemus Fleet Systems

Hyperdrive: x2

Navicomputer: Equipped

Sensor Range: Close

Crew: One Pilot

Encumbrance Capacity: 8

Consumables: Four Days

Cost/Rarity: (R) 160,000

Customization Hard Points: 1

Weapons: Wingtip mounted medium laser cannons (Fire Arc: Forward; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [Close]; Linked 3).

Forward mounted concussion missile launchers (Fire Arc: Forward; Damage: 6; Critical 3; Range [Short]; Breach 4, Blast 4, Guided 3, Limited Ammo 8, Slow-firing 1).

This thing is my invention, more or less. I used LibrariaNPC's TIE Avenger stats as a reference as I intended it basically as a detuned TIE/ad, intended to be the next main space superiority starfighter for the Imperial Remnant, so a big thanks to LibrariaNPC. It is also intended as a replacement for the TIE/fo in a potential future Force Awakens-era with Legends mixed in campaign. You guys might find some use for it too, so go ahead if you do.

What's wrong with the TIE defender?

The expense, mostly. If I priced this correctly, the Imperial Remnant can buy two of these for the price of one TIE Defender. The Imperial Remnant simply doesn't have the resources to outfit all of their fighter squadrons with TIE Defenders. Furthermore, only a skilled pilot can really use the TIE Defender to its full potential.

On 9/22/2019 at 6:46 PM, Lord Zack said:

The expense, mostly. If I priced this correctly, the Imperial Remnant can buy two of these for the price of one TIE Defender. The Imperial Remnant simply doesn't have the resources to outfit all of their fighter squadrons with TIE Defenders. Furthermore, only a skilled pilot can really use the TIE Defender to its full potential.

I meant that this is almost exactly outfitted as the TIE defender. Only that you got rid off the ion cannon and halved the price

There's actually a number of differences with the TIE Defender stats, but ultimately I didn't even look at those stats because I disagree with them.

By the way, I ask if anyone knows if anyone has done revised TIE/D stats that actually reflect their abilities in Tie Fighter?

Edited by Lord Zack

Kontos-class Star Frigate

Silhouette: 7

Speed: 3

Handling: -1

Defense: 2/2/2/2

Armor: 5

HT Threshold: 65

SS Threshold: 50

Hull Type/Class: Star Frigate/Kontos

Manufacturer: Kuat Drive Yards

Hyperdrive: Primary: Class 2, Backup: Class 12

Navicomputer: Yes

Sensor Range: Long

Ship's Complement: 2,257 officers, pilots, and enlisted crew

Encumbrance Capacity: 5000

Passenger Capacity: 820 troops

Starfighter Complement: Twenty-four fighters

Vehicle Complement: Ten LAVr QH-7 Chariots, ten MAVr A7 Broadsword

Consumables: One Year

Cost/Rarity: 7,813,700(R)/8

Customization Hard Points: 0

Weapons: One forward, four port and four starboard turret-mounted quad medium turbolaser batteries (Fire Arc Forward, Port and Starboard or Forward and Port or Forward and Starboard; Damage 10; Critical 3; Range [Long]; Breach 3, Linked 3, Slow-Firing 1)

Two aft turret-mounted twin medium turbolaser batteries (Fire Arc Aft, Port and Starboard; Damage 10; Critical 3; Range [Long]; Breach 3, Linked 1, Slow-Firing 1)

Three forward, four port and four starboard turret-mounted twin light turbolaser batteries (Fire Arc Forward, Port and Starboard or Port, Forward and Aft or Starboard, Forward and Aft; Damage 9; Critical 3; Range [Medium]; Breach 2, Linked 1, Slow-Firing 1)

Twelve port and twelve starboard assault concussion missile tubes (Fire Arc Port or Starboard; Damage 7; Critical 3; Range [Short]; Blast 4, Breach 5, Guided 2, Inaccurate 1, Slow-Firing 1)

The weapons are identical to that of Winchester3's version , at least for now, but I made a number of changes to the other statistics to reflect the fact that it is larger than he thought.

Edit: Update, I spoke to fractalsponge to get a better idea of what vehicles this carried. Apparently, there would be a single company of men riding repulsorlift vehicles. The rest would serve onboard the vessel, repelling boarders and the like.

Updated again based on this: http://fractalsponge.net/?p=4870

Edited by Lord Zack
Vehicle complement

Nebulon-B Production Type

Silhouette: 6

Speed: 3

Handling: -1

Armor: 7

Hull Trauma: 80

System Strain: 45

Hull Type/Class: Star Frigate/Nebulon-B

Manufacturer: Kuat Drive Yards

Hyperdrive: Primary Class: 2, Backup Class: 12

Navicomputer: Yes

Consumables: Two years

Sensor Range: Long

Ship's Complement: 920 officers, pilots, and enlisted crew.

Starfighter Complement: Twelve TIE series starfighters, six auxiliary craft (including larger TIE series craft like TIE Bombers or TIE Shuttles), one shuttle

Encumbrance Capacity: 4000.

Passenger Capacity: 75

Consumables: One year.

Price/Rarity: 9,000,000 credits (R)/8.

Customization Hard Points: 2 (I would either increase the "regular" Nebulon-B's customization hard points, or assume that it has Auxiliary Hangar Bays.)

Weapons: Six port and six starboard retractable turret mounted medium turbolasers (Fire Arc Forward, Aft, and Port or Forward, Aft, and Starboard; Damage 10; Critical 3; Range [Long); Breach 3, Slow-Firing 1).

Three starboard, three port, three forward, and three aft retractable turret-mounted light laser cannons (Fire Port or Starboard or Forward or Aft; Damage 5; Critical 3; Range [Close)).

Three forward-mounted heavy tractor beam emitters (Fire Arc Forward; Damage -; Critical -; Range [Medium]; Tractor 6).

This my version of EC Henry's Imperial Nebulon-B, I know that the weapons are not correct, but I haven't found an accurate count yet:

Edited by Lord Zack
On 5/17/2020 at 10:36 AM, Lord Zack said:

Kontos-class Star Frigate

Passenger Capacity: 820 men

Apparently, it's always a sausage party on a Kontos .

I altered it to match FFG's usages.

12 hours ago, Lord Zack said:

I altered it to match FFG's usages.

But wouldn't that require adding a whole lot of new bathrooms? 😀

Don't you mean refreshers?

Edited by Lord Zack

Updated the vehicle complement of the Kontos-class based on this post by fractalsponge: http://fractalsponge.net/?p=4870

Also, I confirmed that Winchester3 count of the Kontos' weapons appears to be accurate.

Edited by Lord Zack

TIE/fc Starfighter

Speed: 4

Handling: +4

Defense: 0/-/-/0

HT Threshold: 6

SS Threshold: 8

Hull Type/Class: Starfighter/TIE Series

Manufacturer: Sienar Fleet Systems

Hyperdrive: None

Navicomputer: None

Sensor Range: Short

Ship's Complement: One pilot

Encumbrance Capacity: 4

Consumables: Two days

Price/Rarity: 60,000 (R)/5

Customization Hard Points: 0

Weapons: Forward-mounted laser cannons (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [Close].)

Additional Rules

Targeting Designator: TIE/fcs are equipped with laser target designators. These allow them to perform the Aim maneuver, but any ally within Extreme Range can receive the benefits.

Not too much of a change from the TIE/ln, but I needed the stats, so I thought I'd share them with all of you. Honestly, I'm not sure the handling should be so high, I don't think I've seen handling of +4 on a starfighter period, but it is supposed to be more maneuverable than even the TIE/in.

Edited by Lord Zack
Adventure Journal Vol1 #10