Dave Filoni says Stormtroopers suck

By ErikB, in General Discussion

Fine, what do you think first thing the Republican senator for Georgia thinks of when he hears the word Terrorist?

The former British empire, IRA, Baader-Meinhof, Belgium's former king and the consequences of his actions, nigh on genocide in their former colonies... That's an irrelevant question, it proves nothing, it's basically a red herring or straw man, intentional or not...

Edited by Jegergryte

it's basically a straw man

Just as Republican senator for Georgia is.

Indeed.

It's like having a discussion with Rainman...

It's like having a discussion with a troll. Oh... wait...

Forum Troll needs his daily meals :D

sucks to be you.

Sucks to be FFG and Disney if they try to sell stuff promoting terrorism.

nah I'm sure they'll do just fine regardless.

Fine, what do you think first thing the Republican senator for Georgia thinks of when he hears the word Terrorist?

Is this the same senator that is against prostitution while running a tab with the local madam?

Is this the same senator that is against prostitution while running a tab with the local madam?

Maybe :ph34r:

Oooh, how Imperial ... :lol:

Well, take a look at these (not made by me and there are loads like them out there):-

Picture%2038-thumb-600x544-50678.png

kenobi-hut.jpg

And if you guys don't think Disney managing to simultaneously imply that the US acts like the Evil Galactic Empire and that beloved characters like Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Leia Organa act like Islamic terrorists would be a branding failure of truly epic proportions then I don't know what to tell you other than never to get a job in marketing.

Hopefully FFG and Disney are smarter, but you never can tell.

jpicsexiaduvysym3hmm.gif

But you're supposed to chuck someone in before the lock besides Geordi LaForge... :(

His constant evoking of the Disney name bother anyone else too?

Disney bought Star Wars from Lucas this year. There was discussion of buying Indiana Jones, as well, but no releases on that. Lucas is a VERY rich man from the deal.

His constant evoking of the Disney name bother anyone else too?

Disney bought Star Wars from Lucas this year. There was discussion of buying Indiana Jones, as well, but no releases on that. Lucas is a VERY rich man from the deal.

Thanks Captain Obvious.

Well, take a look at these (not made by me and there are loads like them out there):-

Picture%2038-thumb-600x544-50678.png

kenobi-hut.jpg

And if you guys don't think Disney managing to simultaneously imply that the US acts like the Evil Galactic Empire and that beloved characters like Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Leia Organa act like Islamic terrorists would be a branding failure of truly epic proportions then I don't know what to tell you other than never to get a job in marketing.

Hopefully FFG and Disney are smarter, but you never can tell.

It is f*cking parody! It's a joke!

Also for the billionth time no one here thinks that!!!

Serious question, are you autistic? I do not mean this in a bit way but that would explain so much....

I'm not sure what to say anymore.

Edited by Routa-maa

I believe that his citing of them is because of what's signified by the parody... problem is, his idea that "the Empire" is universally the bad guys is seemingly also inextricably tied to a view that "America" is universally the good guys...

He seems unable to distinguish between reality, politics, propaganda, fantasy, literary devices, parody ... aaaand theory of all the aforementioned. I guess it's not his fault...

I believe that his citing of them is because of what's signified by the parody... problem is, his idea that "the Empire" is universally the bad guys is seemingly also inextricably tied to a view that "America" is universally the good guys...

You know, you have given me an idea! There needs to be an Imperial version of this :P America F**K Yeah (NSFW for those with little ones in the vicinity)

I am moderately surprised that this thread hasn't been locked by FFG yet.

They are having fun reading these and eating Pop Corn.

They are having fun reading these and eating Pop Corn.

My thoughts exactly! I went to bed last night after one last check and when I wake up there was 6 pages worth of replies! I had tried redirecting it to the topic but realized, to my dismay that it escalated into something else entirely :unsure: ... Now it's about America and the Empire being bff's, meanwhile Disney builds concentration camps, and ErikB is the evil Palpyoverlord... or thereabouts I think :blink:

Also for the billionth time no one here thinks that!!!

Really? I think you could at least have a debate about it but dear holy god almighty is that not what I want Star Wars to be about and I don't think FFG and Disney will either.