Available for Preorder on MM

By Stacie_GmrGrl, in General Discussion

I got my preorder yesterday afternoon in the mail (Monday). It looks good in my apartment. :)

Miniature Market is one if my favorite online shopping stores for games.

Depending on when its here, in my grubby little hands, I'd consider making MM my go-to online store. I know its not their responsibility, it's USPS' ... but when MM doesn't offer UPS delivery to scandi it seems ... I can at least be slightly miffed :ph34r: not that I'd pay for UPS shipping normally, in this case I might have.

Did they, that is Miniature Market, throw in the 6 pre-gens and blank character sheet for you guys as well? They did for me. Excellent businesss, they are.

Got mine today, as well as a booster box of Mini's (that i paid for). Now have a General Grevious on a wheel bike that I will never use, as well as Jedi Master Yoda mini (that I will have to find SOME way to use as a proxy)

Did a quick skim of the book and was quite pleased by some of the added content. Allready have some ideas for feedback

Did they, that is Miniature Market, throw in the 6 pre-gens and blank character sheet for you guys as well? They did for me. Excellent businesss, they are.

Yes I got the pregens also. I was surprised. :)

Mine was delivered while I was away at a Con. I wasn't even expecting it, aha. I haven't had time to really look at it, but my brother was here watching my dog and he liked what he saw.

First time using MM, and I'd definitely use them again.

Is that MM, or is that FFG? The pre-gen sheets themselves are customized from the default design, and I can't imagine MiniatureMarket going to all that trouble to put together and print several pregens. I figured it was just FFG giving us some goodies to start the Beta off right.

Sounds like the inclusion of the pre-gens is FFG's attempt to make amends for the delay in getting the AoR Beta book into people's hands.

So those of us that got a copy at GenCon got the perk of getting it over a month in advance, while those that didn't are getting a bunch of free pre-gens with their order.

Oh, I believe these pre-gens were definitely FFG products. It was a nice surprise as Stacie_GmrGrl wrote.

Thanks for the reference!

I placed my "pre-order" about an hour ago, and it's already moved to Ready to Ship status... so it looks like I can also confirm that it sounds like books are in ;)

That's annoying. I placed my pre-order Sept 15th and its still listed as Processing Pre-Order. I guess they dont action them on a first come first served basis.

But its out. *Snoopy Dance of Joy*. I can wait a little longer now I know its on the way.

They are supposed to fill them in chronological order. Hopefully this is a case of a shipper not getting postage on the package in the correct order.

I placed my pre-order on Thursday, got the shipping notice (2-Day USPS) on Saturday and received the book today ,Monday! (It's likely that it actually shipped on Friday and I just didn't get the e-mail until Sat., based on that timing).

MiniatureMarket is very decidedly my friend! :D

So I also ordered on Thursday. Did 2 day USPS shipping but never got a shipping notice. I finally asked customer service today what happened to my order, and they said that are waiting for another shipment of copies for the book. When I ordered I know they said at least another 175 or so in stock. I asked when they would be getting in another shipment, and they said they had no idea.

So as it stands, the Miniature Market website is still selling copies, but they also seem to be waiting to get more in stock, though the website indicates they have 66 in stock, and that you can "Get it Now!" on the front page of their website. I find this a bit disappointing.

I love Miniature Market, they really are the place I go to for getting minis and lots of game stuff... but if you do not have the full shipment you claim you have in stock on your website, it can be a bit annoying when you find out maybe you should have ordered through another site.

So my question is, has anyone ordered after Thursday from MM and received a copy? Or is the amount they have in stock just waiting for more shipments to come in from FFG?

I placed my "pre-order" about an hour ago, and it's already moved to Ready to Ship status... so it looks like I can also confirm that it sounds like books are in ;)

That's annoying. I placed my pre-order Sept 15th and its still listed as Processing Pre-Order. I guess they dont action them on a first come first served basis.

But its out. *Snoopy Dance of Joy*. I can wait a little longer now I know its on the way.

They are supposed to fill them in chronological order. Hopefully this is a case of a shipper not getting postage on the package in the correct order.

I placed my pre-order on Thursday, got the shipping notice (2-Day USPS) on Saturday and received the book today ,Monday! (It's likely that it actually shipped on Friday and I just didn't get the e-mail until Sat., based on that timing).

So I also ordered on Thursday. Did 2 day USPS shipping but never got a shipping notice. I finally asked customer service today what happened to my order, and they said that are waiting for another shipment of copies for the book. When I ordered I know they said at least another 175 or so in stock. I asked when they would be getting in another shipment, and they said they had no idea.

So as it stands, the Miniature Market website is still selling copies, but they also seem to be waiting to get more in stock, though the website indicates they have 66 in stock, and that you can "Get it Now!" on the front page of their website. I find this a bit disappointing.

I love Miniature Market, they really are the place I go to for getting minis and lots of game stuff... but if you do not have the full shipment you claim you have in stock on your website, it can be a bit annoying when you find out maybe you should have ordered through another site.

So my question is, has anyone ordered after Thursday from MM and received a copy? Or is the amount they have in stock just waiting for more shipments to come in from FFG?

That is not cool. Not at all.

Basically as it stands now, I have ordered from FFG and MM. First one to give me a shipping notice gets my money, the other gets an order cancelled. :P

Basically as it stands now, I have ordered from FFG and MM. First one to give me a shipping notice gets my money, the other gets an order cancelled. :P

Sounds like an excellent plan to me!

I am sorry to hear that you have received this response to your order inquiry. We have plenty of the Beta Books, physically in stock and am not sure why you were told that. I am not in CS, but am now forwarding this message onto our CS manager. If you want to pm me your order number, that can help as well.

We do have a shipping delay on our site as of this week, due to a massive amount of order volume (though that should not have been the cause of saying that we did not have the item in stock).

Again sorry for the negative experience and I will let the manager in the office know about this.

You know things like this happen. I have ordered so much Star Wars stuff from MM because my local store here in Missouri does not carry near the stock of Star Wars stuff that MM does, and this is really the first time I have hit a snag. The fact that MM also pays attention to these forums is nice to see, I like a place that responds with good customer service. :)

I am sorry to hear that you have received this response to your order inquiry. We have plenty of the Beta Books, physically in stock and am not sure why you were told that. I am not in CS, but am now forwarding this message onto our CS manager. If you want to pm me your order number, that can help as well.

We do have a shipping delay on our site as of this week, due to a massive amount of order volume (though that should not have been the cause of saying that we did not have the item in stock).

Again sorry for the negative experience and I will let the manager in the office know about this.

Impressive. Very impressive.

Super impressive, they have put everything in the mail already. Thanks Miniature Market! I'll have to make the 2 hour drive sometime to see the actual physical store.

Am very happy for you, my friend. Miniature Market is a class act.

I think I will be looking at Miniature Market as my top choice for future orders of gaming supplies . They seem to be very focused on their customers and are quick to look into any problems that might come up. Most of my game stores are a distance away so it is nice to have this resource available to me.

My only issue with MM is that even when going for the fastest shipping available to my region of the planet, i.e. Scandinavia - I couldn't choose UPS for some reason, only between two USPS option, the fastest/most expensive being priority mail intl. which I chose - it takes about a week to get to/be sent from Miami... which means, if I'm lucky I will have it sometime next week (most likely the week after). That sort of irritates me, not sure if who to blame :ph34r: probably myself for being impatient.

My only issue with MM is that even when going for the fastest shipping available to my region of the planet, i.e. Scandinavia - I couldn't choose UPS for some reason, only between two USPS option, the fastest/most expensive being priority mail intl. which I chose - it takes about a week to get to/be sent from Miami... which means, if I'm lucky I will have it sometime next week (most likely the week after). That sort of irritates me, not sure if who to blame :ph34r: probably myself for being impatient.

I can understand your frustration. I have friends and family in Norge and it is pain sometimes to get things mailed there in a 'speedy' amount of time without having high shipping costs. When I was in the airlines we had to ship items to Bergen for repair or re-tooling and it was an arm and leg for shipping if we had to get it there now.

Well, I cannot understand why they don't offer UPS delivery, I have used that before from other sites. I mean, sure it would be that much more expensive, but it would also have been quicker (I believe). I'd pay for it, in this case at least, the beta is over in a little over a month as things stands. Ah well, it's on its way now. Soon I will have it in my grubby hands.

I will say MM is now on my radar for my RPG/board games addiction. The only reason I ordered from them this time was because they got up the preorder for AoR early, but they seemed to have shipped it out as fast as possible, and it was nice seeing one of them come here just to reassure a customer and get him his stuff sooner.

I just recieved my copy in the UK.

Given the shipping date and the fact I went with the cheap option that is simply astounding. And they managed it for approximately half the price I would have paid with FFG.

Thanks Miniature Market! Amazing service.

Edited by R00kie

That's good news R00kie!

I too am in the UK (can you guess where :) ) and ordered from MM, if I'm lucky, I might get my copy tomorrow!

.... might ....

Regards,

Scotbloke