So what the heck are we calling this system anyhow?

By Zychon, in General Discussion

I've been using FFG SWRPG here.

Yep... working on so many conversions powered by Fantasy Flights' NarDS. :P

Saw this discussion dispersed amongst other topics, but I think this deserves its own thread -particularly since we're close to our second installment. Is it "Star Wars Roleplaying" as it looks to be? That's fine for the publisher, but it seems too vague for the community. I get the feeling that community made content like blogs and podcasts will have to prepend everything with the publisher's name.

"This vehicle is slightly different in Fantasy Flight Games' Star Wars Roleplaying System"

That's a bit tedious, and FFG:SWR 'aint no better.

I guess "Star Wars Roleplaying" could stick, but I think that will confuse people. I've seen FFGN too, but as fun as it is to say, "Figgin" sounds off-putting.

Anyone have any suggestions? Bear in mind, I'm suggesting an shortened community nickname for the system, not a change in the official published name.

I'm always tempted to call Edge of the Empire "EoE" instead of the more accepted and logical "EotE". Ee-Oh-Ee rolls off the tongue better, but -most importantly, "EoE" kinda looks like a TIE fighter!

...mmmrrrRRROOOOOAAAAAAWWWWWRRRRwwwwwrrrr!

Most of the people I know who refer to this system just call it the "narrative dice" system.

Ok, everyone go home. We have a winner.

Ok, everyone go home. We have a winner.

But... Shistavanen Wolfman don't have NarDS!!! :lol:

Thanks, I'll be here all week... try the veal!