I hope they tone that red down

By Doc, the Weasel, in General Discussion

You could eject in the X-Wing video games (and nothing, nothing is more canon than the X-Wing games :0) ), and it played this cutscene:-

The Empire, naturally, doesn't care enough about its pilots to run an effective S&R operation. Although Rebels will generally rescue any surviving Imperial pilots they come across.

Yep. They'd just need to seal up their suit before they eject. The Battlestar Galactica reimagining even had an episode where Apollo had to eject from his Viper, and he spent the entire episode floating in space (with a leaky suit) before he was picked up.

Not such a negative for me personally. I like the boldness. Pehaps they can achieve it some other way. The X-Wing minis game has a nice bold look without being too loud. Dark, "Death Starry" grays, shiny steel, and red title text.

Edited by Zychon

That ridiculous orange the Rebel pilots wear on their jumpsuits?

Its high vis. Good for search and rescue.

I'm with ErikB. Maybe it's because I'm a child of the seventies, but I dig the "earnge jumpsuit".

Eh, I kind of dig the red myself.

White type on the red background is killing my eyes. They did such a good job with EotE, I hope they don't go to press with that bright red.

Not me, man, I love it. Makes the book look fast!

The book in person isn't as bad as the picture. It's actually quite nice looking.

White type on the red background is killing my eyes. They did such a good job with EotE, I hope they don't go to press with that bright red.

Not me, man, I love it. Makes the book look fast!

So...is there any chrome, racing stripes, or flames?

Red goes faster. Scientifically proven by top Science Boyz.

Plus, Red is kinda the Rebellion color. Even their guns shoot red.

So, saw the book today. The color worked out.

Now, it's just the website.

Blue would be good for F&D I think.

Yeah, I'm expecting blue or tan/gold for that.

The website is a little tear inducing. Ironically every basic webdesign document I've seen says "NO, BAD!!!" for an overly bright background color with text, especially with white text.

I'm guessing the book will be better. The cover will be bright, but I'm assuming every page isn't bright red.

Edited by Split Light