I hope they tone that red down

By Doc, the Weasel, in General Discussion

White type on the red background is killing my eyes. They did such a good job with EotE, I hope they don't go to press with that bright red.

I like it. Obviously not inside the book, but for the cover I wouldn't hate it.

agreed

Agreed.

I...noticed the red too. It struck me as very...beta.

The red background for the product page is just too much, my eyes T_T

It's less of a problem on the cover as it is on the page.

I am not sure I agree. Red just seems...off somehow.

It's like a WARNING red. I DO associate red with the Rebel Alliance but not this bright

Red is tricky. A very slight adjustment can make or break it. I attached a photo to illustrate how little a change it takes.

Granted, they are showing us a digital mockup that won't appear on the screen as it will in print, but the website color is a problem.

That said, I like the idea of using a bold red, especially for this game. I just hope they get it right, and their website is not making me confident.

post-139042-0-10795700-1376080208_thumb.jpg

Edited by Doc, the Weasel

Red 5 is not amused by this thread.

Red 5 is not amused by this thread.

Cut the chatter Red 2, and accelerate to attack speed. :lol:

This much read on the paper cover means one thing to me... Oil burned in finger printer into the cover.

Edited by BrashFink

At least it's red and not black for a change. The black toner will be so pleased.

Red is tricky. A very slight adjustment make or break it. I attached a photo to illustrate how little a change it takes.

I like your adjustment, much easier on the eyes. The original is kind of blood orange.

I like it. There are no other books on my shelves that have that colour - it will really stand out.

At least it's red and not black for a change. The black toner will be so pleased.

They can save black for Force and Destiny. :)

I love the red! As soon as I saw it I loved it.

I'm not bothered by the internal red, but the red on the cover bothers me more.

I hope they turn it to a slightly darker red, more like a crimson red than a super bright eye blinding red like it is now. Sheesh... my eyes...

I'll buy it anyways.

They can save black for Force and Destiny. :)

What makes you think it will be black? Why not go for a bright neon yellow? ;) j/k

I think Force and Destiny would look good as a sort of blue-black or blue-green color.

I agree that the red presented is a bit too harsh, but I do like the idea of the three lines of books being different colors, especially if it turns out to be well supported. Playing EotE? Grab all the white books. AoR? Look for the red ones. Easy categorization at a glance.

I agree that the red presented is a bit too harsh, but I do like the idea of the three lines of books being different colors, especially if it turns out to be well supported. Playing EotE? Grab all the white books. AoR? Look for the red ones. Easy categorization at a glance.

That concept worked pretty well for White Wolf's World of Darkness books, IIRC. Vampire had the red books, Promethean the white books, Changeling the green books, etc.

I like the red... reminds me of the bloodstripes on certain squads of Heroic imperials, trying to keep the galaxy safe. :P

If they do go for red for Age of Rebellion, I expect Force and Destiny to be blue. Mainly because of the iconic blue lightsabers in Episode IV.