Super Excited

By MyNeighbourTrololo, in General Discussion

It easier to pick up, it takes less place, it takes less time to set up and put away, it features new art and also not generic Arkham Horror characters set, but characters taken from all the expansions!

And it also features more reasonable and deep mechanics, making playing against each different AO an unique experience!

I'm really excited by this for a number of reasons: it occupies a nice gap between the lighter Elder Sign and heavier Arkham Horror, it's co-designed by Corey K, it looks to be a meaty story driven game with a 2-4 hour playtime, can be played solo, and I like what I've seen in the excellent video presentation. Can't wait for this, it's the kind of game I was hoping to see after being disappointed with Elder Sign!

I'm just hoping that this isn't just a reskin of Arkham Horror and has enough differences to be fresh.

Otherwise I'm super excited for this game!

I think they're very conscious of not trying to just be a 2nd edition (or 3rd technically) of Arkham.

I do love the different aspects of the games.

Arkham - small town adventures

Mansions - adventures in a haunted house (mostly)

Elder Sign - haunted museum

Elder Sign - Omens - museum and some world trekking

Eldritch - Globetrotting adventures

Course I love Cthulhu LCG as well.

With a 16 page rulebook, I imagine it's a lot more simple to pick up and play than Arkham.

Edited by sepayne7l

It's like the Arkham Horror version of Pandemic!

I'm just hoping that this isn't just a reskin of Arkham Horror and has enough differences to be fresh.

Otherwise I'm super excited for this game!

There is already enough differences can be seen in introduction video.

And yet not all of them were shown! There was at least one I hoped they would put in the video but I assume it will be one of the first articles (assumption not certainty as I am not a staff member).

Indeed, I can't wait for this either :D

I want Replaybiliy... if future opinions assure high replayability , then this is a Must Buy

I haven't been this excited for a game in a loooooong time. It's also nice to see a forum post without a bunch of negative troll like comments. Everyone complains too much. This game looks awesome and is going to be a great addition to the Arkham library. It's like a squeal to Arkham Horror but with such a different feel. Totally getting this as soon as it hits store shelves!

We've been playing a world wide CoC Campaign for the past year

using Home Brew stuff but it's going to be great to get an actual

Game.

OD

I'm squarely in the excited camp, too :) I own, play and enjoy all the other FFG Cthulhu stuff that has been put out so far, and don't feel that this is milking a dead cow or any such nonsense. The idea of a globetrotting junket against evil appeals to me immensely, and the idea of playing this as a sequel to a successful night of AH is just inspired! I'm particularly interested in seeing how the individual decks for the Ancient Ones affect the gameplay, that should be interesting if nothing else. I assume there will be expansions, as this is FFG after all, but the fact that the base game's board is the world, I will happily assume that we'll be getting smaller boxes that will make my bank account so much healthier.

I've been on the cusp of buying Fortune & Glory for about four months now, but now that this has been announced, I think I'll wait til the end of the year :)

This game look very promising for me. I decide don't buy AH yet and wait for this one. Mystery cards and the Ancient ones looks cool

It's like the Arkham Horror version of Pandemic!

That's what I'm hoping for. I've long argued Arkham Horror would do well to be streamlined in any number of ways, with Pandemic as inspiration. This could be 50% more complicated than Pandemic and make me very happy.

I still think there's room for an "Arkham Horror Lite" because the small-town theme is nifty and there are any number of ways to streamline and speed up that game, but globetrotting Lovecraftian adventure is also a fun idea.

This game looks like it could be great, even if a little familiar mechanics wise to arkham. I'm also digging the android-esque vibes I'm getting from it in terms of developing narrative.

Looks great from what I've seen. Looks to have enough depth without it being too unwieldy with the setup. Also, it has the ability to "play" against the board like AH too which I enjoy on those secluded stormy nights. ;)

Brilliant, cannot wait.

I'm excited about it, but on the other hand I'm afraid about the usual FFG problems - typos, ambiguous rules and so on, usually resulting into a large FAQ/errata document or even revised edition.

So excited! Can't wait! Already hoping for expansions!

Yep. I wants it.

As far as expansions go, Mountains of Madness, a separate Dreamlands board, Celaeno, hmmm...

I admit I had an inward groan when I first saw this. I have purchased everything concerning Arkham Horror, including all the figurines and alternate dice. Also, I am not wealthy. I thought, "What, more money to spend on this?" When, to be honest, my friends and I don't even play with more than a couple of the expansions regularly (Kingsport and King in Yellow).

However, when I saw it was something new, I was, as the topic says, excited. I see the release is Fall, which starts on the 22nd of September. If I could buy it today I would.

Yep. I wants it.

As far as expansions go, Mountains of Madness, a separate Dreamlands board, Celaeno, hmmm...

Those sound great. Myself I would like to see something with Nyarlathotep. Maybe something with a story along the lines of the CoC RPG Masks of Nyarlathotep. But really anything with him would be great! So excited!

Edited by Krath

Yep. I wants it.

Those sound great. Myself I would like to see something with Nyarlathotep. Maybe something with a story along the lines of the CoC RPG Masks of Nyarlathotep. But really anything with him would be great! So excited!

Yes, I was reminded of "Masks of Nyarlthotep" as well. I like the globetrotting aspect and the narrative focus. I will definitely get this and try it out, looks good to me.

Yep. I wants it.

Yes, I was reminded of "Masks of Nyarlthotep" as well. I like the globetrotting aspect and the narrative focus. I will definitely get this and try it out, looks good to me.

Yes we think that the Masks of Nyarlathotep would be a great first small expansion. :D

I've purchased all of Arkham Horror and I don't even like that game. I'm just a sucker for Lovecraft, I think.

I was a bit disappointed the board seems a bit...small and limited. No Paris? No Moscow? No Marrakesh?

I'm very stoked for this game! I enjoy being able to play different ways in the same universe. I enjoy what Privateer Press is doing with Warmachine, adding a deck building game in that world. Fantasy Flight, let's get another Android game! Tons of potential there.

I've purchased all of Arkham Horror and I don't even like that game. I'm just a sucker for Lovecraft, I think.

I was a bit disappointed the board seems a bit...small and limited. No Paris? No Moscow? No Marrakesh?

That does seem odd. Pretty important places.