Pokemon Platinum

By Card_Breaker, in Odds & Ends

TheChampIsHere said:

You could get one on every Pokemon. I never knew that, but I have a Japanese file on all of the Kanto and Hoenn Reigion. I'm missing 20 for Sinnoh, and like a lot from Jhoto, but I'm almost done with that, never would've guessed. Cool, only problem is, I trade all of those Pokemon away, I have a few Japanese left but those are really small. The reason why I have a lot of Japanese entries is because I trade with them a lot. They are most reasonable I find (least being American who always insist in trading a level 36 Empoleon for a level 100 Celebi, both EV'd, which I find outrageous)

Yeah. It changed in Platinum. In D/P, there were only like 16 pokemon that had foreign entries. But in Platinum, every single one has them. I like reading them because I have no idea what they say plus some words sound funny.

I'm getting a darkrai soon for my Platinum. I never got him from the events. i'm also getting an extra lvl 50 dragonite. Yay. I also finally figured out how to EV train my pokemon. i should get it exactly right in a few tries.

I could probably do that Dragonite for you if you wanted. It would have my Trainer name and ID though. I'd also need to know the stats you wanted.

After 2 years, I've finally contacted my friend I met at camp!!! We're meeting again at camp this year and I'll show him how much I've grown in pokemon! He has no clue about EVs. lol. I'll teach him after I win.

Anyways, it turns out Arceus may not be in PMD2: EotS after all... he is just a plain statue in a new dungeon you get through wondermail... On the better note, Giratina's Origin form and Shaymin's sky form are definitely in it.

...I ALWAYS spell "definitely" as "definately"... I just did it twice in this post but changed it before I posted...

Oh..I wanted to Recruit Arceus. That would have been a Good Leader.

I never really liked that game. Did it come out in Japan yet? If so, I'll get it right now, and take some pics if you want. I don't mean right now, I mean in about 20 minutes after dinner.

TheChampIsHere said:

I never really liked that game. Did it come out in Japan yet? If so, I'll get it right now, and take some pics if you want. I don't mean right now, I mean in about 20 minutes after dinner.

I think it has...since Serebii mentions they played through the game already...

Hey, either of you wanna battle? If we can find one other person, we can make it a double...though I'm no too fond of those. I've really been wanting to use my team.

>_< Don't like to triple post...

What exactly does Choice Band do? I know it boosts moves by 50% but only allows one move. But what does the one move part mean? Is it once you use a move, that is the only one you can use like an Encore? If so, I'm guessing it stops once it switches out, right?

I'm pretty sure it only allows you to use that one move afterwards, and that move has to be physical. So using Explosion is really good.

I just got Explorers of the Sky, I'm not going to play through the whole game, I might for the US one. I'll give a review later if I can get on, I'm playing it right now, and I don't really know what is going on, but it has the same feel as the first one.

sorry not to foru stalk anybody but i usually read this when i see its been updated or new posts or w/e. i actually just had a question nobody said he was probably going to get the level 50 dragonite and then champ said you could get him one youd just want to know what stats hed want. heres the question is champ using a gameshark/action replay to make a level 50 dragonite with certain stats or are you going to find online or sumthing.

in case your wondering i dont have platnium-just diamond- i really want to get platnium though. once i had the moeny to buy platnium i ended up spending it on KH cards. once i do get it though ill try and make a team and i could battle you guys or sumthing

also as for the Pokemon dungeon what cave has shaymin or giratina and this satue of arceus. im kind of lost in that game becasue i beat it but havent evolved my guys yet. the mission to go do that or continue with the main story hasnt appeared for me. i dont know if i passed it or what but yea idk whats going on with that if you guys have any hints or suggestions id really appreciate it i hae explorers of -the blue one- i think its space im too lazy to go check-

the lvl 50 Dragonite was a Special Event Pokemon released Via Toys R Us. (TRU)

capncrunch said:

sorry not to foru stalk anybody but i usually read this when i see its been updated or new posts or w/e. i actually just had a question nobody said he was probably going to get the level 50 dragonite and then champ said you could get him one youd just want to know what stats hed want. heres the question is champ using a gameshark/action replay to make a level 50 dragonite with certain stats or are you going to find online or sumthing.

in case your wondering i dont have platnium-just diamond- i really want to get platnium though. once i had the moeny to buy platnium i ended up spending it on KH cards. once i do get it though ill try and make a team and i could battle you guys or sumthing

also as for the Pokemon dungeon what cave has shaymin or giratina and this satue of arceus. im kind of lost in that game becasue i beat it but havent evolved my guys yet. the mission to go do that or continue with the main story hasnt appeared for me. i dont know if i passed it or what but yea idk whats going on with that if you guys have any hints or suggestions id really appreciate it i hae explorers of -the blue one- i think its space im too lazy to go check-

We are talking about PMD: Explorers of the Sky which hasn't come out in the US yet. Only Japan so far.

Blue is Time, Red is Darkness.

Get Platinum, it is amazing.

Anyways, back on topic, I thought of a great name for my Charizard: Flambe. The only problem is that there is no accented "e" in the English keyboard...

Nobody said:

the lvl 50 Dragonite was a Special Event Pokemon released Via Toys R Us. (TRU)

Yeah, also, I strictly do not use Gameshark, Action Replay, any of those. I am a master trainer in the fact that I am an expert on training Pokemon with certain stats. As for the event one, I do not have one of those, but because I am a very good trainer I am also a good trader, so I'll try to get both of us one.

I hate my luck... I'm trying to get an Adamant Shroomish with Poison Heal by using an Everstone Adamant Ditto...Here is my progress in Eggs:

1) Adamant-Effect Spore
2) Adamant-Effect Spore
3) Naughty-Poison Heal
4) Timid-Poison Heal
5) Hasty-Poison Heal
6) Adamant-Effect Spore

It avoids the correct combination!!!!! Arrrrrgh!

EDIT: Even more hate...

7) Adamant-Effect Spore
8) Jolly-Poison Heal
9) Lonely-Poison Heal

EDIT2: ................

10) Adamant-Effect Spore
11) Adamant-Effect Spore
12) Docile-Poison Heal

I give up... anyone wanna be so kind as to trade me a Lv 1 Adamant, Poison Heal? Good Attack and Speed IVs are appreciated, but not necessary. I don't think this will go anywhere for me... Please and Thank You!

EDIT3: !!!!!!!!

13) Jolly-Poison Heal
14) Mild-Effect Spore (That's unusual)
15) Adamant-Poison Heal (Yes!!!)

No help needed anymore!!!! yes!!!!

Nooooo! I finished training it only to see that I've forgotten to teach poor Toadstool the move Spore! Now I'll have to breed it again and hope for an Adamant Poison Heal Shroomish...

EDIT: gran_risa.gif Got it on my first try!

Argh! My luck strikes again!

I need a calm natured Blissey, so out I go to look for a Calm Ditto. My results? All natures of Ditto EXCEPT Calm... I've gone through roughly 150 Pokeballs... Poor Harmony will never be on my team if this keeps up!

Got one! I just breed a lvl 1 Happiny with a calm nature...wait! No, I have 5 of them....yay endless breeding! I have at least 20 of them, but 5 of them have a calm nature. Any specific move wants? If not, we can trade later. I don't want or need anything, if I did, I would just breed it!

TheChampIsHere said:

Got one! I just breed a lvl 1 Happiny with a calm nature...wait! No, I have 5 of them....yay endless breeding! I have at least 20 of them, but 5 of them have a calm nature. Any specific move wants? If not, we can trade later. I don't want or need anything, if I did, I would just breed it!

I already have it. All is ready, just need to evolve my Chansey when it gets max happiness so I can start training it. Then my team is complete! Team:

Flambe
Toadstool
Talon
BZZZT
Adrenaline
Harmony

I hate nicknames, the only Pokemon I ever name is my starter in each game. Also, out of curiousity, what Pokemon are those:

Flambe- ???
Toadstool- Breloom
Talon- ???
BZZZT- Electivire?
Adrenaline- ???
Harmony- Blissey

TheChampIsHere said:

I hate nicknames, the only Pokemon I ever name is my starter in each game. Also, out of curiousity, what Pokemon are those:

Flambe- ???
Toadstool- Breloom
Talon- ???
BZZZT- Electivire?
Adrenaline- ???
Harmony- Blissey

You'll have to battle me to find out. I really want to test my team.

EDIT: I just tried out my team against someone else and I nearly swept his whole team with Flambe. The only reason it was nearly was because he fled at his last pokemon.

What combos do you have with your Pokemon? Turns out the simpler combos do better overall in battle. Also, are the Pokemon:

Flambe- Charizard
Toadstool- Breloom
Talon- Staraptor
BZZZT- Electivire
Adrenaline- Kingdra
Harmony- Blissey

TheChampIsHere said:

What combos do you have with your Pokemon? Turns out the simpler combos do better overall in battle. Also, are the Pokemon:

Flambe- Charizard
Toadstool- Breloom
Talon- Staraptor
BZZZT- Electivire
Adrenaline- Kingdra
Harmony- Blissey

You'll have to battle to find out! demonio.gif

But I won with a simple Substitute + Belly Drum + Salac Berry + Fire Punch/EQ depending on the pokemon.

Here is the sequence of events:

Go! Flambe! (Shiny Charizard, gave you one)
Kakeru sent out Chopper! (Uxie)
Flambe used Substitute!
Chopper used Thunder Wave! But it failed!
Flambe used Belly Drum! Salac Berry activated!
Chopper used Stealth Rock!
Kakeru withdrew Chopper! Kakeru sent out Mr Angry! (Shiny Gyarados)
Flambe used Fire Punch! Not very effective.
Mr Angry healed a little with Leftovers.
Flambe used Fire Punch! Mr Angry fainted!
Kakeru sent out Boko! (Noctowl)
Flambe used Fire Punch! Boko fainted!
Kakeru sent out Shoyruken! (Blazeken)
Flambe used Earthquake! Shoyruken fainted!
Kakeru sent out Red Ninja! (Scizor)
Red Ninja used Bullet Punch! Substitute took damage and faded away.
Flambe used Fire Punch! Red Ninja fainted!
Kakeru sent out Chopper!
Flambe used Fire Punch! Chopper fainted!
Kakeru sent out Red Star! (Shiny Jirachi)
Kakeru fled!
Chris (me) wins!

I'll post a video of it on youtube. I got his permission.