Pokemon Platinum

By Card_Breaker, in Odds & Ends

Black Trainer card ftw!!!! It has gold font on it!!!

Right now hatching 30 Eggs to unlock one item in the Villa. All Mudkipz...lolz, my cousin was over, so I asked what pokemon she wanted me to breed...she pointed to Mudkip cuz it was cute.

After, I'll need to go 300,000 steps for my chandelier...what a pain...I'm halfway thanks to hatching eggs.

Later, I'll beat the E4 9 more times and beat 50 trainers in the Battleground...10/50 beaten so far.

I've also been wondering why my Electabuzz has two fighting moves with Low Kick not PP Maxed... I just remembered I was going to replace it with Earthquake when I evolved it.

I know, that's pretty cool. Some kid I know is getting one, that he's trading to me. I know a lot of people who can get this. Do you want me to try and get one for you, since it is only in Japan.

TheChampIsHere said:

I know, that's pretty cool. Some kid I know is getting one, that he's trading to me. I know a lot of people who can get this. Do you want me to try and get one for you, since it is only in Japan.

That would be great! Wow...I spent lots of time riding my bike 300,000 steps only to find out it has to be on foot... stupid chandelier...

...it has to be on foot....I rode1,200,000 steps on a bike, thinking it would work. WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

TheChampIsHere said:

...it has to be on foot....I rode1,200,000 steps on a bike, thinking it would work. WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

It took forever on bike... about 3 days spread out... so this'll take me forever...

Hey, Champ, I've got an idea. Let's both make a full team of Lv 1 pokemon and see who's is better by battling! It isn't too much work as it doesn't require vigorous EV training. It's really all about IVs, Egg Moves, and strategy. Just no FEAR Rattata's.

Actually, in a team of only lvl 1's a FEAR Rattata, wouldn't really work. If the levels are tied, unless someone can pull out a really strong move at lvl 1, the Rattata's HP can't be reduced that far down.

P.S. I'm really good at EV'ing, learned it from my friend who I wish to be as good as. If you need me to EV a Pokemon with certain stats and breeding, I can do it really fast. I know the best places to do it in the region, and sometimes I do it in the GBA games because they have better areas. I can try to get it for you, it usually takes about a week to get it from 1-100 though, so it might take some time. I have 24 Pokemon at lvl 100 that are Ev'd max in certain stats (the ones I think they are good at). If you need one, just let me know. gui%C3%B1o.gif

TheChampIsHere said:

Actually, in a team of only lvl 1's a FEAR Rattata, wouldn't really work. If the levels are tied, unless someone can pull out a really strong move at lvl 1, the Rattata's HP can't be reduced that far down.

P.S. I'm really good at EV'ing, learned it from my friend who I wish to be as good as. If you need me to EV a Pokemon with certain stats and breeding, I can do it really fast. I know the best places to do it in the region, and sometimes I do it in the GBA games because they have better areas. I can try to get it for you, it usually takes about a week to get it from 1-100 though, so it might take some time. I have 24 Pokemon at lvl 100 that are Ev'd max in certain stats (the ones I think they are good at). If you need one, just let me know. gui%C3%B1o.gif

No need, I pretty good at it too. I just thought it would be fun to have a Lv 1 battle. And true about rattata...

EV'ling? What is that?

I finished EV training my Kingdra!!! I just need to get 2 more Red Shards to move tutor it Outrage and it'll be done. That'll make half my team done...well except for evolving Electabuzz...need to find an Electricizer... I'm really surprised with Kingdra... I mean I got her Attack stat higher than her HP! I've never done that before.

EDIT: Nobody, EV stands for Effort Value. It determines which stats gain however much it does. Here is the page for it: http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml

Any EV'd team that is EV'd well enough, can almost always beat a normal team that is made without EV's and merely just leveling.

On the good hand, YAY, over the past week I had spring break, and I did really well. I EV'd another team! Well, I only finished 5 of them from lvl 1-100, but the other one I've had for a while now. It mostly consists of beautiful Pokemon, I don't know why, I just thought it was funny, it includes:

Milotic
Espeon
Roserade
Clefable
Slaking (Inner Beauty....)

The last one I've had, it is my super annoying Blissey!!!!!

TheChampIsHere said:

Any EV'd team that is EV'd well enough, can almost always beat a normal team that is made without EV's and merely just leveling.

On the good hand, YAY, over the past week I had spring break, and I did really well. I EV'd another team! Well, I only finished 5 of them from lvl 1-100, but the other one I've had for a while now. It mostly consists of beautiful Pokemon, I don't know why, I just thought it was funny, it includes:

Milotic
Espeon
Roserade
Clefable
Slaking (Inner Beauty....)

The last one I've had, it is my super annoying Blissey!!!!!

Yes, Inner Beauty is very important...lol.

One thing though, your team is very weak to a Fighting type pokemon which can wipe out half your team if it is built well enough. If it is an Infernape, Close Combats can take down Clefable, Slaking, and Blissey. Fire Blitz kills Roserade. A couple Thunderpunches can take care of Milotic though it prolly wouldn't survive it...but meh... then Shadow Claw hits Espeon. Sure, most won't necessarily be OHKO, but if built well, one pokemon can essentially take down your team.

I understand how they are all beaten easily, but they can work together very well (except Clefable, shes just there because when she has a ball capsule on her Pokeball it looks so prtty.)

Also, Slaking and Blissey cannot be taken down my a simple Infernape with Close Combat or any single Close Combat. Hitting Blissey is pure luck mostly, and Slaking is the strongest attack stat Pokemon out that isn't uber/legendary. Infernape may take 2 Close Combats to kill a Slaking, but one good hit on him can destroy him easily.

Highest Attack stat + item that raises attack + baton pass from a swords dance or move like that + stab +physical move= killing an EV'd Dialga with highest defense stat in one shot (I've experimented)

Done with Kingdra. Scaled Stark Mountain just to pick up the Life Orb I didn't get earlier...

Kingdra
Nickname: Aquos
Nature: Adamant

Moves: Dragon Dance
Hydro Pump
Waterfall
Outrage

Item: Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk/26 SA/232 Spd

And...in the process of hatching my Charmander... I got a shiny!!!! And even more awesome is I got the right nature!!!

And just read the new post, lol seals. And yeah, I know. It was just an example of something that has a slight chance of killing off your team but very slim however that is only one pokemon versing your team. With backup, it could do some damage.

Anyhows, back to my future black Charizard!!!!

I have a Black Charizard. Sadly, it's stats are horrible, and I won't use it becasue I traded from some guy in Germany. It is really bad, so I can tell it is legit. I don't think you would hack a really bad Pokemon...

TheChampIsHere said:

I have a Black Charizard. Sadly, it's stats are horrible, and I won't use it becasue I traded from some guy in Germany. It is really bad, so I can tell it is legit. I don't think you would hack a really bad Pokemon...

I don't know... I was thinking about getting a hacker to get me a horrible pokemon for my website as I was making strategy battles.

I wanted a Spiritomb with Wonderguard and knows Growl, Tail Whip, Leer, and String Shot.

It would be useless but near impossible to beat. The two ways to beat it are:

1) Wait for it to run out of PP. It will kill itself in a few shots with Struggle. However, this is a long tactic since it has so much PP... There must be a better way...
2) Easy win: Have a Pokemon with only one move (move deleter can help) with that move being a 5 PP move. Easily used up and Struggle will kill Spiritomb within a few shots.

But, I abandoned the site... though this would've been a great strategy battle. I've also seen on GameFAQs requesting Mews just for HM slaves...so that's another example of a potentially horrible statted pokemon.

But anyways, I don't think there is a use to a horrible stat pokemon to be hacked besides these two examples...so I'd say it is legit. Well, unless you had a really good pokemon you traded to him, then it might have been hacked horribly to look real so he could get the trade to progress without you noticing. Lol, prolly not.

Say, you don't happen to have any pokemon besides the German Magikarp that can have different language pages in the pokedex, do you?

I'll check later, if not I'll go looking to trade for it. I traded him a lvl 50 Blastoise for it which had poor stats, but he didn't care, he just wanted it for the Pokedex.

I also found out that you can mix a Pokemon's stats apparently. A really good hacker I met sent me a Spiritomb with the ability No Wonder Guard. When I first received it it said that, now it just says Wonder Guard after putting it into the PC. It is a mix of Wonder Guard and No Guard, which makes all hits successful. He has every ribbon out, which is 76 or something. (even ones from events) He has the moves:

Sheer Cold
Fissure
Shadow Force
Softboiled (too heal him)

Now heres the trick to beat him....Toxic....even though it is a Poision move it is a stat move, thus it still affects him. It kills him after maybe 5 turns...gotta love that toxic.

Wifi is all set up on my computer. My DS registered on my computer too. Only problem is that my DS won't connect. I keep testing the connection but no luck...one time it stayed on 3 bars though...for like 5 seconds then went back to none...

I hope I get it by tomorrow...I want the Secret Key!

So do I. I want the Key. I am also entering the pokemon Regional Video Games Championships. It's a good thing they're coming to my town. Those who enter get a lvl50 Shiny Molitic. Cool Huh.

Nobody said:

So do I. I want the Key. I am also entering the pokemon Regional Video Games Championships. It's a good thing they're coming to my town. Those who enter get a lvl50 Shiny Molitic. Cool Huh.

Yeah, I saw it on Serebii. Now that I get the gist of japanese, I actually know Serebii is Celebi...

I'm awaiting PMD2: Explorers of the Sky. Can't wait to recruit Arceus. I didn't like how depending on the version, you couldn't get rather Mewtwo or Celebi as I always like to complete the game by having every pokemon. I hope both are available this round. Also it is gonna be a pain to recruit Kecleon again...

More like a pain recruiting Darkrai. Took me a week to get him. Not including the time spent getting the Item to find him.

I was never too fond of that game. Also, Card_Breaker, if you don't get a Secret Key, I have 5 files of Platinum, I can probably get an extra from one of those. I'm not sure if is based on DS though, if so, I can only get 1. I'm trading for that Milotic already from someone else, too lazy to go there (if there is even one by me).

TheChampIsHere said:

I was never too fond of that game. Also, Card_Breaker, if you don't get a Secret Key, I have 5 files of Platinum, I can probably get an extra from one of those. I'm not sure if is based on DS though, if so, I can only get 1. I'm trading for that Milotic already from someone else, too lazy to go there (if there is even one by me).

I got it! And as a treat, I got myself a little something. I managed to snag a German Regigigas, Spanish Regigigas, Japanese Magikarp, Japanese Ponyta, French Pikachu, and Japanese Pikachu off GTS. It's settled. My new goal is to collect all the pokemon from every language that gets recorded in the Pokedex... Wow... excluding english, that is 2465 pokemon! Japanese will probably be the easiest... well, better get searching on Wi-fi every day! So if you have any, let's trade! (I know...no life...lol)

You could get one on every Pokemon. I never knew that, but I have a Japanese file on all of the Kanto and Hoenn Reigion. I'm missing 20 for Sinnoh, and like a lot from Jhoto, but I'm almost done with that, never would've guessed. Cool, only problem is, I trade all of those Pokemon away, I have a few Japanese left but those are really small. The reason why I have a lot of Japanese entries is because I trade with them a lot. They are most reasonable I find (least being American who always insist in trading a level 36 Empoleon for a level 100 Celebi, both EV'd, which I find outrageous)