Pokemon Platinum

By Card_Breaker, in Odds & Ends

It's here is a matter of hours!!! Who's getting it?

I've preordered it. I got the TRU Regigigas today too! I'm excited for the Wifi rooms and Origin Forme Giratina. Plus the Lv 1 Regigigas in the game allows a better EV trained regigigas. What are you guys excited for?

Friend code to be posted when I get my game and set up the wifi.

i would if i had a ds still, but im my eyes if you played 1 you played them all

that's coming out tomorrow? huh...guess I should start saving up.

while it's true that each Pokemon game is virtually the same, Platinum adds enough extra for me (a semi-competative battler) to want to get it. I mean come on, Sky Form Shaymin will kick butt in the right hands

I'm just excited for the online battling. now we can do Random stuffs so we won't NEED to have a punch of friendcodes in order to battle people (hopefully)

is it 35$ like all the other pokemon games or did they raise the price? Who here has heard about the DSI? it is going to be amazing and probally modable gui%C3%B1o.gif

i assume so because of the sd card slot, the ds was modable but you need a certain action replay. but i think it will be pretty neat

Today's the day. I'm going to go pick mine up soon.

Someone released this ROM of the US game about a month ago. I've had it for about a month, and I'm not sure if I'd say it is worth buying....I like it, don't get me wrong, and any Pokemon fan should get it too, but it is just like Emerald...nothing special too me. I can play someone, and I have 3 Giratina Origin Formes if someone would enjoy one....no, they are not hacked...just traded with my friends who also had this game quite some time now...

i would like to know how much it is!!!

GAH! Platinum's right around the corner!?!?!

It probably won't see a PAL region release for a few more weeks though ¬.¬ I'm guessing I have to wait a month or so before I shell out the 40 quid for another Pokémon game...

It was $37.44 for me here in NJ. I pre-ordered it and got the special Giratina figure too. Not for me though, I had the game, my friend wanted it, so I got it for him, and he let me keep the figureine...not for trade.....

ok thank you champ

I'm excited about the battle frontier. I'm just about to challenge the 6th gym leader. The wifi plaza looks awesome but sadly I still need to set up my connector...my new computer doesn't support it so I'll have to use the slow one...>> meh...

The Plaza is really neat, I just wish that the Tap Toys had more significance.

I just got a release date for the PAL region copy. And that's the 20th of May ¬.¬ You guys had better still be hyped about this around then so I can start wifi duelling all of yez ^_^

Trothael said:

I just got a release date for the PAL region copy. And that's the 20th of May ¬.¬ You guys had better still be hyped about this around then so I can start wifi duelling all of yez ^_^

I already got two of the five gold prints from the battle frontier! The Battle Tower, which was easy since there are no special rules plus all my pokemon were EV trained, and the Battle Factory.

What Pokemon are on your team? Please do not mention any legendaries or ubers...they are so cheap...

I have a lot of different ones, that I base off of aspects...I don't have a main team yet, but the team that I'm making now consists of beautiful Pokemon, like Slaking...he's got some inner beauty...

TheChampIsHere said:

What Pokemon are on your team? Please do not mention any legendaries or ubers...they are so cheap...

I have a lot of different ones, that I base off of aspects...I don't have a main team yet, but the team that I'm making now consists of beautiful Pokemon, like Slaking...he's got some inner beauty...

So far I have 2 EV trained:

Electabuzz(soon to be Electrivire): Cross Chop, Low Kick, Thunderbolt, Ice Punch
Staraptor: Close Combat, Brave Bird, Return, Pursuit

The rest are in the works. I plan on bringing a Charizard to my team as well as a Blissey, Kingdra, and Breloom. These will make up my competitive team.

My fun team is made up of my favorites and though it is in progress, it will be all EV trained...yes there are legendaries in this team because they are some of my favorite pokemon:

-Kyogre
-Typhlosion
-Spiritomb (shiny as he looks awesome when he is) [gonna be tough to get]
-Mew (shiny...blue!) [gonna be tough to get...or is it not possible atm?)
-Metagross
-Shaymin (Sky Form)

And my other team I plan on doing soon is an Eeveelution team. Of course I'm all out on attack...maybe I should focus on building pokemon that have higher defense too...

OK:

1) I had an Eevee team, an Eevee team isn't for competitive battling. Overall, they won't get anywhere against a really advanced team.
2) I won't verse your Fun Team, because that Fun Team can also be an Uber/Cheap Team. The only 2 supposed legendaries that aren't that uber are "Lucario and Fione"
3) Your 1st team sounds interesting....I will try it out....also, Blissey's are really good....I mean REALLY good in some instances...

TheChampIsHere said:

OK:

1) I had an Eevee team, an Eevee team isn't for competitive battling. Overall, they won't get anywhere against a really advanced team.
2) I won't verse your Fun Team, because that Fun Team can also be an Uber/Cheap Team. The only 2 supposed legendaries that aren't that uber are "Lucario and Fione"
3) Your 1st team sounds interesting....I will try it out....also, Blissey's are really good....I mean REALLY good in some instances...

1) I know, I just like building an Eevee team because they are fun to use
2) Yeah...this is just a team made up of my personal favorites...
3) Yeah...that's probably going to be my first attempt at a pokemon with high Def and HP as I've never done so before...so why not go for the best?

If I were a gym leader, the competitive team would be my team you try to verse to get a badge. My fun team would be my team for if you challenged me at the Battleground.

Hope to battle though it has been a while since I've done so online. Well I shouldn't get ahead of myself...haven't gotten to installing my Wifi connector yet nor is my team even ready.

My team isn't either...I honestly don't like a lot of the Pokemon which are really good EV'd, like Garchomp and Slaking, they are amazing, but I honestly don't like either of them at all, so they really won't appear on my teams often...

I finally got all 5 Gold Frontier Prints!!!

Now my goal is to get the five-starred, black-colored trainer card. So...

[X] Enter Hall of Fame (obvious)
[_] Complete National Dex (Just a matter of transferring everything out of my ranch into Diamond then trading them into Platinum, though time consuming)
[_] Win any Master Contest (Need to transfer over my contest winner from Diamond and use him to win all 4 ranks)
[X] Get a 100-win streak in the Battle Tower (Got tough in rounds 80-100...every trainer basically had a full team of legendaries...I'm starting to hate the Regis and Cresselia for their healing moves, Rest and Moonlight...)
[_] Get the Platinum Flag in the Underground (Should be able to connect with Diamond, take the flag, disconnect, rinse and repeat until I have enough...right?)

After that, back to EV training! ...Though I could aim for 10,000 straight wins in the Battle Hall just to get Oak and Jasmine to appear in the lobby to cheer me on... Or get into the Hall of Fame 20 times to get my rival stronger...

Completed everything except complete national dex!!! Wow the Master Contest was a pain... I had nearly no accessories, was a little rusty on the dancing portion, and needed luck to pull off my moveset... but I did it with Chatot after like 50 tries... I'm prolly gonna rest for the rest of the week as I have schoolwork to do...

Really, I easily beat the Master Contest after like 3 tries with my Manaphy, somehow I got her maxed in almost every stat for the contests. I'm pretty good at them. If they weren't so boring, I would do them more often.

TheChampIsHere said:

Really, I easily beat the Master Contest after like 3 tries with my Manaphy, somehow I got her maxed in almost every stat for the contests. I'm pretty good at them. If they weren't so boring, I would do them more often.

I'm horrible at them. I just can't get the theme that I actually have the accessories for, I can't get the rhythms right in the dancing part, and I alway have the worst luck when it comes to moves. I transfered over all my 1st gen pokemon and half my 2nd gen. Half more plus my 3rd gen to complete the national!!!!!

I just noticed that nurse joy notices your trainer card and treats you differently... I never knew since I didn't go for it in Diamond. Well I've decided to buy everything for my villa now. I need 5 more items!!!

I never bothered to buy them. I think I'll go back to the game soon. I never really looked in depth to the game. I just quit because whenever I went online, you couldn't find anyone American, because it wasn't out yet. I did have a fairly good team though.

P.S. Really annoying Blissey's FTW!!!!