Pokemon Platinum

By Card_Breaker, in Odds & Ends

Renamed my BZZZT to Watt... now it is really obvious.

Card_Breaker said:

Renamed my BZZZT to Watt... now it is really obvious.

Kindof, it's not really...."shocking". I'm not good with puns sad.gif

Question, is your team made for singles or double. I generally do doubles, because I find it more of a challenge to create combos between 2 Pokemon, I was gonna say, because I noticed that the match was singles. It never dawned on me that it would be, because like 75% of tournaments are doubles. I never tried making a team where each Pokemon fights for themselves, I'll start one this weekend.

Also, I think I know your team, because at the end of the video, it shows both your teams...you should have edited that out.

TheChampIsHere said:

Also, I think I know your team, because at the end of the video, it shows both your teams...you should have edited that out.

That was on purpose so other know what my team is. But still, you have no idea on moves. I don't do doubles...wow...I thought singles was more common...

For some reason, my video won't be accepted on the battle uploader... It is rather my opponent's team is hacked, or mine is... However, I didn't hack my team. The only thing was I got someone to edit Wish onto my Blissey, but Blissey is a possible to learn Wish from a Nintendo event. But that was only because it would have been impossible for me to actually get one plus that move shouldn't have an effect as I've seen Flamethrowing Pika's on the video center. I've also seen Rotom's forms even though you may not use them online. Hmm... this is frustrating...

Yay! Got all regions of Rotom!

Awesomeness! Gold and Silver remakes were announced. Soul Silver and Heart Gold! And your starter follows you like Pikachu did in Yellow! I wonder what happens when you evolve it...

It would be just like in Platinum, where when it evolves, it still follows you in Hearthrome.

Hopefully they add to the legendary pokemon habitat. It would be hard to top the Distortion World.

Nobody said:

Hopefully they add to the legendary pokemon habitat. It would be hard to top the Distortion World.

I can't imagine they would since Ho-oh and Lugia's habitat are pretty much set in stone. They will revamp the quality, but it's not like they are going to put in random Unown puzzles into the place.

However, for a possible Celebi event, it would be cool if once you had the GS Ball, a shrine door would open with a staircase leading down into a labyrinth which you must pass tests on the way to get to Celebi. Though if there is going to be, it will probably only be Celebi flying in front of the shrine like in the Japanese version of Crystal...

Have to seen what the player characters look like? The girl looks like Strawberry Shortcake for God's sake! And the colored-Pikachu does play a special part according to pics.

TheChampIsHere said:

Have to seen what the player characters look like? The girl looks like Strawberry Shortcake for God's sake! And the colored-Pikachu does play a special part according to pics.

That would be the Notched Ear Pichu AND the Pikachu colored Pichu from the 12th movie.

Some say she looks like Mario with the mustache as her ponytails instead...lol

The guy cahractor looks like an improvment to me. I also must say that it would be better to "add" more floors to Tin Tower. It was too easy. I hope they do improve the Habitat. The Distortion world was fun, And the next game should at least have something that can compete with that.

I doubt they would do anything like the distortion world, there really isn't anything you could do like that for Ho-Oh or Lugia. I don't they would do anything like that for Celebi either.

I'm just saying to improve the habitat. i mean, whats graphic if you can't do anything exicting with it. People might stick with Platinum. I wonder if we'll learn whats inside the GS Ball.

They'll probably did what they did in FireRed and LeafGreen, recreate the whole thing, without adding anything. People won't still play Platinum, after FireRed and Leafgreen came out, they sold really well, and nobody played Saphire and Ruby anymore.

TheChampIsHere said:

They'll probably did what they did in FireRed and LeafGreen, recreate the whole thing, without adding anything. People won't still play Platinum, after FireRed and Leafgreen came out, they sold really well, and nobody played Saphire and Ruby anymore.

Half agreed. They will most likely add some type of chain of islands or caves for extra stuff like little bits of storyline and maybe add the battle tower since it was only in Crystal. We've also got the Pichu sidestory.

In Platinum, if you have the 12th movie Arceus, a sidequest thingy is unlocked. First you go and talk to a new guy that appears in the Oreburgh Mine then find him again in the Canalave Library. He leaves a book detailing Arceus's plate data.

Thats barely a sidequest, I never knew that that was how you unlocked it, but I knew something was unlocked with Arceus. All you do is talk to a guy 2 times, and then the book just restates what he's already said. It is quite uneventful, and in Gold and Silver, the Pichu thing I wouldn't classify as a sidestory, it is probably something just as short as the Arceus thing, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

TheChampIsHere said:

Thats barely a sidequest, I never knew that that was how you unlocked it, but I knew something was unlocked with Arceus. All you do is talk to a guy 2 times, and then the book just restates what he's already said. It is quite uneventful, and in Gold and Silver, the Pichu thing I wouldn't classify as a sidestory, it is probably something just as short as the Arceus thing, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

As stated, a sidequest "thingy". Not a real sidequest, just a short thing to get more info about Arceus. But I still think they'll add some sort of island or cave like they did in Firered and Leafgreen.

So, Platinum just got it's PAL region release on Friday, and I picked the game up on Saturday morning.

Just got my second gym badge and caught Rotom for kicks. My team is already leaning towards the Psy-Dark-Fight trio, so methinks I'm going to go with the following team:

Infernape
Alakazam
Scizor
Gardevoir
Gallade
Froslass

Got Monferno (Adamant nature) and Kadabra (Mild nature) already.

Hey Champ, is there any way you can get your hands on the Jirachi that unlocks a new area on the pokewalker? And the Pikachu colored Pichu?

Jirachi? Want one, I have some of those already, I got those myself. The notched-eared pichu is a hard get since you can't get them over wi-fi, and it isn't that it is hard too get it, but trading for it is going to be hard because not many will be willing to give that up so easily. I'll try though, if you want a Jirachi, just let me know when your ready.

TheChampIsHere said:

Jirachi? Want one, I have some of those already, I got those myself. The notched-eared pichu is a hard get since you can't get them over wi-fi, and it isn't that it is hard too get it, but trading for it is going to be hard because not many will be willing to give that up so easily. I'll try though, if you want a Jirachi, just let me know when your ready.

Is the Jirachi the special one that is currently being given out over the japanese Wi-Fi? That's the only one I need/want. Though I suppose I could wait until Heart Gold/Soul Silver gets released since it will probably be given out in the US anyways.

That the one, but bad news...a couple weeks ago, my motom shut down, and when it rebooted in a couple minutes, it can no longer connect to my PS3 or DS, but for some reason it works with my Wii...I don't know why, but until I can get it fixed I can't use my DS wifi...stupid motom...

It's okay. I'll wait for the US event.