EotE Core Rulebook Errata

By player266669, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

Suggest starting up a new discussion on talent tree arrangement, as that's not an error in need of an errata note.

Thanks guys.

There is no sensor range listed for the KSE Wayfarer-Class Freighter. I assume Short.

There is no sensor range listed for the KSE Wayfarer-Class Freighter. I assume Short.

Actually, as most of the other Silhouette 5 ships have a Sensor Range of Medium, I'd suggest using that instead.

Viscious

p.157 Viscious say it affects critical hits.

p.238 say Viscious does not apply to critical hits.

Sorry don't have book with me right now to be more specific.

Rob

Viscious

Rob

The pg 157 refers to critical injuries on PC's and the pg 238 refers to critical hits on ships. From my understanding vicious only works on PC's, not ships.

I apologize if this has already been mentioned, but on page 276, there is a typo in the Aurebesh. Under the title "Force Sensitive Exile," the Aurebesh beneath the header translates to "Force Sh ensitive Exile." The character used is "Shen," which makes an "Sh" sound instead of "Senth," which is "S."

I apologize if this has already been mentioned, but on page 276, there is a typo in the Aurebesh. Under the title "Force Sensitive Exile," the Aurebesh beneath the header translates to "Force Sh ensitive Exile." The character used is "Shen," which makes an "Sh" sound instead of "Senth," which is "S."

I salute your geek fu, sir. I never really tried to learn the Aurebesh or thought to check the subtitles in the core book.

In the entry for the Emperor's Hand, it lists the frag grenade as using the Melee skill. Bonzai!

Viscious

Rob

The pg 157 refers to critical injuries on PC's and the pg 238 refers to critical hits on ships. From my understanding vicious only works on PC's, not ships.

The p.157 entry for Vicious says...

"When this weapon scores a critical injury or hit, the character adds..."

As critical hits can only happen to vehicles the entry on p.157 would seem to be in error.

p.238 says that Viscious would have no effect on a ship or vehicle.

Wraith428

This is not errata, per se, but is a change for clarity:

The bowcaster should have the weapon quality Prepare 1 .

Instead, it's "one maneuver to reload" requirement is buried in the description after a confusing mention of the weapon attachment that negates it. You would never know about it from the listing on table 5-5, which is where most people are looking for weapon details.

This is not errata, per se, but is a change for clarity:

The bowcaster should have the weapon quality Prepare 1 .

Instead, it's "one maneuver to reload" requirement is buried in the description after a confusing mention of the weapon attachment that negates it. You would never know about it from the listing on table 5-5, which is where most people are looking for weapon details.

To be fair, that's true about many weapons. Their special rules are typed out in their description. You could say the same thing about the heavy blaster pistol's increased chance of running out of ammo, for example.

Seeking clarification on: Page 271; Retrofitted Hangar Bay; it might just be me, but the wording on silhouette capacity seems strange, I figure the default capacity is just set: a Silhouette 5 ship can have one silhouette 3 and one silhouette 2 vehicle in its hangar bay or two silhouette 2 - this seems clear enough, but it could be clearer about the modification option; is it five possible modifications increasing maximum capacity by 1? or one modification which increases silhouette capacity by 5? or by its maximum (so 5 for silhouette 5; 20 for silhouette 6 and so on)? or is it something else? I'm konfuz'd.

Given my players want a Hangar Bay attached to their Wayfarer at some point, I'm curious about this as well.

The "Weighted Head" mod for bludgeoning weapons takes 2 HP but none of those weapons have HP in order to modify them. Kooky.

The same is true of other mods, such as the Stealth on Armour. Within the context of just the book, people with Tinkerer can still use them. It also allows them to introduce items in future books that have additional HP as their primary benefit.

Removed.

Edited by JP_JP

What does that have to do with errata? Make a new thread!

Precise Aim talent.

It is worthless as written.

You can spend one strain to remove one black per rank as an maneuver.

I rule that it works along the lines of true aim where you still get the regular aim bonus for the maneuver. It may even be a mistake that it wasn't written in Precise Aim too.

Edited by Gallows

removed, sorry

Edited by Andrew Tatro

Precise Aim talent.

I rule that it works along the lines of true aim where you still get the regular aim bonus for the maneuver. It may even be a mistake that it wasn't written in Precise Aim too.

Hey Gallows,

I read the Precise Aim talent and I'm not sure what errata is needed there. Are you describing an issue with the text? Or are you contending that the design is flawed somehow?

Edited by Venthrac

Updated the lead post.

Just as a reminder to everyone, I'm trying to focus on stuff like typos and clear errors. Also, it really helps when you post page numbers because I am looking up each report and confirming it before I add it to the first post.

Thanks again, guys, I appreciate all the reports and the time you're taking to post them here.

Viscious

Rob

"When this weapon scores a critical injury or hit, the character adds..."

As critical hits can only happen to vehicles the entry on p.157 would seem to be in error.

p.238 says that Viscious would have no effect on a ship or vehicle.

Wraith428

I don't feel I've been clear in my thinking so will try one more time as I do think there is something here.

My understanding of the book indicates that...

Critical Injuries can only happen to characters (PCs, NPCs etc.)

Critical Hits can only happen to vehicles.

"When this weapon scores a critical injury or hit , the character adds ten times the Vicious rating to the critical roll."

Then on p.238 1st full paragraph left column says...

"Note that talents and qualities that specifically affect Critical Injuries do not effect Critical Hits (so the Vicious quality, for example, would have no effect on a ship or vehicle.)"

The question I have is how is the Vicious entry supposed to be read.

"When this weapon scores a critical injury or hit ..."

Does the critical in the sentence above apply to both the words injury and hit? I believe so because that's the only way it makes sense. If you read it that way then the Vicious entry says Vicious affects critical hits but the critical hits section later in the rules specifically says Vicious does not and thus you have a contradiction in the rules. If you don't read critical as applying to both injury and hit... I'm not sure what "or hit" is even doing in the text.

Anyways that's my thinking here a little bit clearer. One last go.

Thanks,

Wraith428

Edited by wraith428

Thanks Wraith, I'll include this in my next update.

Clarification: Command and Leadership Skill.

1) The book suggests you can "rally" fear rolls. But it doesn't explain the mechanic. How do you rally? Does a successful rally erase all effects of fear, or just the most recent fear test? If you fail a rally, can you reattempt a rally after some time on the same character?

2) Command says that you can add a bonus die for 24 hours to "inspired" allies. But it doesn't actually explain how allies get inspired. Does any successful leadership roll involving an ally amount to "inspiration?" Is a "rally" inspiring? Is there a limit to how many times you can attempt a command/leadership check in narrative time?

In short, the Leadership skill and Command talent could use some clarification.

Edited by revanant

Clarification: Command and Leadership Skill.

1) The book suggests you can "rally" fear rolls. But it doesn't explain the mechanic. How do you rally? Does a successful rally erase all effects of fear, or just the most recent fear test? If you fail a rally, can you reattempt a rally after some time on the same character?

2) Command says that you can add a bonus die for 24 hours to "inspired" allies. But it doesn't actually explain how allies get inspired. Does any successful leadership roll involving an ally amount to "inspiration?" Is a "rally" inspiring? Is there a limit to how many times you can attempt a command/leadership check in narrative time?

In short, the Leadership skill and Command talent could use some clarification.

I don't have my book handy, but have you read the full rules for Fear? I think they're in the GM section. It might be that some of the answer you're looking for are in that section.

Precise Aim talent.

Hey Gallows,

I read the Precise Aim talent and I'm not sure what errata is needed there. Are you describing an issue with the text? Or are you contending that the design is flawed somehow?

I am wondering if they forgot the same entry that they have under true aim - that it's still an aim action, just an upgraded version.