EotE Core Rulebook Errata

By player266669, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

Demeanor: Conduct, Behavior, Deportment. also facial appearance, mien.

They used the correct word.

I have noticed quite a few typos in the book, but nothing that needs clarification.

Post them here please. I am tracking typos as well as items for clarification.

Thanks!

In the entry for Stun Damage's Stun Setting;

"As a FREE ACTION, the wielder can choose to switch the setting of his weapon to 'Stun.'"

In this book, they haven't called anything free actions. That seems to be a DnD Pathfinder term. I believe they meant to say Incidental.

"As a FREE ACTION, the wielder can choose to switch the setting of his weapon to 'Stun.'"

In this book, they haven't called anything free actions. That seems to be a DnD Pathfinder term. I believe they meant to say Incidental.

Do you know what page that's on?

Do you know what page that's on?

Page 157, under 'Stun Damage'

Seeking clarification on: Page 271; Retrofitted Hangar Bay; it might just be me, but the wording on silhouette capacity seems strange, I figure the default capacity is just set: a Silhouette 5 ship can have one silhouette 3 and one silhouette 2 vehicle in its hangar bay or two silhouette 2 - this seems clear enough, but it could be clearer about the modification option; is it five possible modifications increasing maximum capacity by 1? or one modification which increases silhouette capacity by 5? or by its maximum (so 5 for silhouette 5; 20 for silhouette 6 and so on)? or is it something else? I'm konfuz'd.

Page 215, States of Health, Third Paragraph.

"A character is wounded if he has any number of wounds less than his wound threshold."

This should read "..any number of wounds less than or equal to his wound threshold." On a related note, there really, really, should be multiple detailed examples of doing damage to minion groups with regular damage, criticals, and blasts.

"A character is wounded if he has any number of wounds less than his wound threshold."

This should read "..any number of wounds less than or equal to his wound threshold." On a related note, there really, really, should be multiple detailed examples of doing damage to minion groups with regular damage, criticals, and blasts.

I'm not sure if the mistake is there or later in the fifth paragraph : "A character is incapacitated once he has suffered more wounds than his wound treshold or more strain than his strain treshold."

If a character has a wound treshold of 13, will he be incapacitated if he suffered 13 wounds ?? My understanding was that if you reach that number, you're out... but maybe he needs to have 14 wounds... which one is the right one ? Both phrases are exclusive to the wound treshold number :(

No, the PC can still function at 13 wounds, the 14th will incapacitate him/her/it. It was mentioned in one of the Order66 podcast by someone at FFG (can't remember who, Jay Little?)

The same thing hold true to the NPC, a group of 3 Stormtroopers only become a group of 2 once the 6th wound is attained and defeated when the 16th wound is sustained.

Edited by aljovin

I'm not sure if the mistake is there or later in the fifth paragraph : "A character is incapacitated once he has suffered more wounds than his wound treshold or more strain than his strain treshold."

If a character has a wound treshold of 13, will he be incapacitated if he suffered 13 wounds ?? My understanding was that if you reach that number, you're out... but maybe he needs to have 14 wounds... which one is the right one ? Both phrases are exclusive to the wound treshold number :(

I believe the fifth paragraph is correct as written. Don't think of this as hit points that you are losing and then reaching an HP total of zero; rather, your Wound Threshold is the maximum number of wounds you can suffer before becoming incapacitated. If you suffer wounds in excess of that value, you are in effect knocked out. So, if you have you have a Wound Threshold of 13, and you have suffered 13 wounds, you're fine; you have not exceeded your Wound Threshold yet.

Someone step in and correct me if I'm wrong here.

Ok thanks all... makes sense.

Ok thanks all... makes sense.

I thought the same as you, until I listened to the podcast.

Edited by aljovin

p57, the Assassin specialization: it says the additional skills include Ranged(Heavy), but this is already a Bounty Hunter skill. Do they mean "Ranged(Light)", as stated for Gadgeteer?

p57, the Assassin specialization: it says the additional skills include Ranged(Heavy), but this is already a Bounty Hunter skill. Do they mean "Ranged(Light)", as stated for Gadgeteer?

I assume that's by design, as some other specs also have the same skills as their parent career. Remember, anyone can buy the Assassin spec, even if they are not a Bounty Hunter.

Thanks...clearly I should read the book in its entirety before commenting :)

There are many specializations that double their career's skills. There are several reasons for this, but chief among them is the fact that this allows you to upgrade a skill to level 2 during character creation before even spending XP.

Thanks...clearly I should read the book in its entirety before commenting :)

Not a small project, heh.

Pages 59 and 60, Deadly Accuracy talent, "When acquired, choose 1 combat skill. Add damage equal to ranks in that skill to one hit of successful attack made using that skill." One hit per round? Encounter? Session? Life of the character?

Pages 59 and 60, Deadly Accuracy talent, "When acquired, choose 1 combat skill. Add damage equal to ranks in that skill to one hit of successful attack made using that skill." One hit per round? Encounter? Session? Life of the character?

One hit of each successful attack (because some attacks, such as autofire, can inflict multiple hits.)

I get that, but is that one hit per round? Per encounter? If I two-weapon fight, does that mean every hit? If not, it should say one hit per round.

And if it's evey hit, it should say "each hit"

It's one hit of each successful attack. Every time you roll the dice for an attack and score at least 1 hit, add the bonus damage. It's not limited to 1/round or 1/encounter. It happens with every attack you make.

Does that help?

Edited by Venthrac

I get that, but is that one hit per round? Per encounter? If I two-weapon fight, does that mean every hit? If not, it should say one hit per round.

It's one hit of each successful attack. Every time you roll the dice for an attack and score at least 1 hit, add the bonus damage. It's not limited to 1/round or 1/encounter. It happens with every attack you make.

Does that help?

That does help, thanks. I guess my errata issue then is that they need to add the word "each" so it's "one hit of each successful attack," so it's clear. Looks like they just forgot a clarifying word.

Pg. 84, The Scoundrel Talent Tree

Am I the only one who thinks it's weird that the entire middle of the Scoundrel tree is only accessible from the bottom up? It doesn't follow the design of any of the trees, and looks like someone missed a connection either from the starters down, or laterally from the second row in.

Pg. 84, The Scoundrel Talent Tree

Am I the only one who thinks it's weird that the entire middle of the Scoundrel tree is only accessible from the bottom up? It doesn't follow the design of any of the trees, and looks like someone missed a connection either from the starters down, or laterally from the second row in.

You're not, but given that other talent trees like the F/S Exile, the Slicer, and the Trader have similarly "odd" set-ups, it's probably intentional that Scoundrel was designed the way it was.