EotE Core Rulebook Errata

By player266669, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

Well, to be fair the the FFG writers that worked on Escape from Mos Shutta and Long Arm of the Hutt, the Krayt Fang was really meant for a beginner game rather than the full ruleset, and so not a lot of concern was given to how many hard points were left or specifically what modifications were made. It was probably "here's the base YT-1300 stats, let's just tweak the numbers a bit." And I doubt you'll ever see the ship get mentioned ever again.

As HappyDaze noted, the stats do indicate a High-Output Ion Turbine (nice catch on that one), so it's not impossible to reverse-engineer the Krayt Fang to determine how many hard points are left.

As for whether the YT-1300 should have two weapons or just the one... I'm thinking that two weapons as default works, largely as the one YT-1300 most Star Wars fans are familiar with has been repeatedly shown to have the ventral and dorsal weapons. But at the same time, if you want to be more of a purist to the older game systems, it's easy enough to strip the dorsal turret and simply refund the YT-1300 the hard point used by the weapon.

Page 57:

"Gadgeteers add the skills Brawl , Coercion , Mechanics , and Ranged (Light) to their repertoire of class skills..."

Brawl is already a class skill for all Bounty Hunters. I don't think that it's meant to be an additional skill for the Gadgeteer. Furthermore, there is no longer mention of the Computers skill for this specialization (as it was in the Beta if I recall correctly). Brawl is again mentioned as an addition skill on Page 61 (Bounty Hunter: Gadgeteer Talent Tree).

Page 58:

"... the Survivalist gains Knowledge (Xenology), Perception, Resilience, and Survival ..."

Perception is already a class skill for all Bounty Hunters. Is this an error similar to that of the Gadgeteer?

Edited by bizarrojoe

Page 57:

"Gadgeteers add the skills Brawl , Coercion , Mechanics , and Ranged (Light) to their repertoire of class skills..."

Brawl is already a class skill for all Bounty Hunters. I don't think that it's meant to be an additional skill for the Gadgeteer. Furthermore, there is no longer mention of the Computers skill for this specialization (as it was in the Beta if I recall correctly). Brawl is again mentioned as an addition skill on Page 61 (Bounty Hunter: Gadgeteer Talent Tree).

Page 58:

"... the Survivalist gains Knowledge (Xenology), Perception, Resilience, and Survival ..."

Perception is already a class skill for all Bounty Hunters. Is this an error similar to that of the Gadgeteer?

There are a number of Specializations that have skills that are the same as their associated Careers. That is not an error.

This ensures that people who have buy the Specialization out-of-Career can have the necessary skills.

Page 57:

Page 58:

There are a number of Specializations that have skills that are the same as their associated Careers. That is not an error.

This ensures that people who have buy the Specialization out-of-Career can have the necessary skills.

And it allows a character to start with that skill at 2 without spending XP.

Page 156 Knockdown quality is listed before Inaccurate, should be after "i" qualities.

Official FAQ and Errata is up.

Woohoo!

I'm surprised no mention was made of the instances of the vestigial Surveillance skill in the game, and what they should be replaced with. Still, lots of good stuff there. Nice to have some official clarification, especially on the minipon groups losing a member only when wound threshold is exceeded, and not equaled.

I'm surprised no mention was made of the instances of the vestigial Surveillance skill in the game, and what they should be replaced with. Still, lots of good stuff there. Nice to have some official clarification, especially on the minipon groups losing a member only when wound threshold is exceeded, and not equaled.

Yes it does - it says that it is replaced by Computers for sensors, and the beta updates show that in other cases Perception replaces it.

Right you are, I had overlooked it.

This is an odd one – since it isn't text – but the picture for Bespin is wrong. Bespin is grey-blue not orange.

Wookiepedia's main image is wrong too, so there you go.

Do we ever see an exterior shot of the planet in the film? I don't recall whether its' shown or not, but I do remember all the scenes in the clouds.

You make a good point though, if Bespin were orange you would not have the blue sky shots when Luke's X-Wing arrives toward the end of ESB

The only shot is Luke's approach.

1000px-Bespin_system.png

It makes sense too, since during the day it's all blue skies and white fluffy clouds. I think the orange thing comes from all the cool parts in the film happening at sundown.

From an Errata standpoint, it's not like the art is going to change, though.

Edited by Doc, the Weasel

The picture in the official "Essential Atlas" is also orange.

Huh, that's funny. I'm surprised so many sources have got it wrong.

Unless it's been retconned, and therefore the movie is wrong?

I mean, I never thought of it being anything other than orange.

I noticed an oddity with some of the airspeeders.

For instance the Skyhopper lists a maximum altitude of 300 kilometres places a speeder well outside at least Earth's atmosphere, as far as I know the atmosphere is considered to "end" at about 100 or so kilometres (at least that is where the Kármán line is - of course the thermosphere goes even further, up to 700 or so kilometres I think)... a Skyhopper could almost travel all the way to the international space station. Of course not all planets are like Earth ... I just found it odd and thought I should mention it.

Unless it's been retconned, and therefore the movie is wrong?

I mean, I never thought of it being anything other than orange.

I agree. Been a Star Wars fan since the originals in the theater and I never thought of Bespin not being orange.

I don't think we should assume the official guide is wrong. Maybe Luke's X-Wing was approaching from the night side.

I don't think we should assume the official guide is wrong. Maybe Luke's X-Wing was approaching from the night side.

I'd take the film over the guide. I mean, there is no more definitive than that.

If the planet were orange then the daytime shots would have been orange.

guest_quarters01.jpg

Again, I think why we think it is orange comes from:

1. The Ralph McQuarrie concept art
  2. The memorable action scenes (The Falcon's landing, the escape) happen near sundown

Page 215:

States of Health: covers wounds less than wound threshold, and wounds that exceeds wound threshold. But what about wounds that equals the wound threshold?

You may want to update the entry on Damage Control in light of the updated information, that it does work on a "each extra success = one extra recovered Strain or Hull Trauma."

The official Errata contradicts that, right?

The extra success only applies in case you use Damage Control to repair hull trauma.

This thread was really just meant as a stand-in until we got an official errata. I wasn't planning to update it further.

This thread was really just meant as a stand-in until we got an official errata. I wasn't planning to update it further.

Personally I disagree that this thread isn't needed. Perhaps it just needs to be redefined. Removing the items that have added to the official errata, reorganizing the leftover items, and classifying any newfound errors or inconsistencies till the next errata comes along and the re-org happens again.

Now if it's your choice that you no longer wish to put the time in to maintain that then thank you for your effort. Maybe someone can pick up the torch and we can get the pin moved.

Are there any plans to release a PDF with the Errata in at some point. Would be nice if its laid out properly. Not knocking what anyone has done here, just saying it would be nice.

I've just seen the FAQ. Is that upto date?