EotE Core Rulebook Errata

By player266669, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

Are there any plans to release a PDF with the Errata in at some point. Would be nice if its laid out properly. Not knocking what anyone has done here, just saying it would be nice.

I've just seen the FAQ. Is that upto date?

Yes, it's up to date havng only been out for about two months.

Does anyone know if the 2nd printing of the Core Rulebook managed to incorporate any of the errata?

Excellent question. I'd like to know the answer to this myself. I'll send it as a question through official channels.

Let us know what you find out, Venthrac. I also have an interest in knowing the answer to this question. For me, the inclusion of errata in the second printing is the difference between picking up a second copy of the Core Rulebook right away or just waiting a while for a cheap used copy to pop up.

Another good question would be (assuming the errata is included) how to tell the difference between a first and second printing copy. Some companies, like Paizo, make it obvious. With Star Wars: Saga Edition on the other hand, the only way to tell was to compare certain statblocks, if I remember correctly.

Let us know what you find out, Venthrac. I also have an interest in knowing the answer to this question. For me, the inclusion of errata in the second printing is the difference between picking up a second copy of the Core Rulebook right away or just waiting a while for a cheap used copy to pop up.

Another good question would be (assuming the errata is included) how to tell the difference between a first and second printing copy. Some companies, like Paizo, make it obvious. With Star Wars: Saga Edition on the other hand, the only way to tell was to compare certain statblocks, if I remember correctly.

I was at my LGS yesterday and was able to find a label. A couple of pages into the book you will find a part code which will differentiate the two prints. (The page has the typical credits, dates, copyright info, etc) The first print has the letters like MAR13 and the 2nd print has NOV13. I can't remember the total exact letters but you will see it right away.

If we don't see an answer soon on whether or not the errata is included, I may drive down there today with the errata in hand and find out the hard way. :)

The quickest way was to look at the Jedi class section and see if there was a sidebar discussing "Sensing the Dark Side."

The other method was to look at the bottom of the Credits page, below the ISBN. If the string of numbers in the third row started with an "8" then it was a second printing.

The quickest way was to look at the Jedi class section and see if there was a sidebar discussing "Sensing the Dark Side."

The other method was to look at the bottom of the Credits page, below the ISBN. If the string of numbers in the third row started with an "8" then it was a second printing.

That makes sense. I would always flip it to Yoda's statblock and look at his attack bonuses. If it was +19, +19, +19, (as opposed to +21, +21, +21) it was a second printing.

I sent the question over. Will reply if and when I get an answer.

...and 30 seconds later, here is the answer! (Should have checked email BEFORE posting here)

We endeavor to include the most up to date errata in all subsequent printings of books, although obviously there is some lag time between beginning the publishing process and release. As long as the errata was released before we began reprinting, it should be included.
Hope this helps,
Sam Stewart
Senior RPG Producer
Fantasy Flight Games

Edited by Venthrac

Nice work, thanks Venthrac and everyone else for the feedback!

First post updated to include this new information, as well as a link to the game's official FAQ document

So Miniature Market and my other FLGS do not have the second printing of Edge of the Empire yet. Can anyone report if they've gotten the second printing direct from FFG or from Amazon? I'm really not sure how I would even tell online which printing is the first printing versus second printing, and I'd prefer not to gamble with it, as much as the book costs.

I got my core book recently from bookdepository.com, and from what I can tell, it is second printing and all things that is in errata is corrected already in book.

Less of an errata and more of a clarification...

Regarding the Jury Rigged talent, according to the response I got from Sam Stewart, each rank has to be applied to a separate item.

So you can't take two ranks of Jury Rigged to give your blaster a +1 to damage and reduce the Crit Rating by 1. Instead, you'd have to pick one of the options for your blaster, and then assign the remaining rank of Jury Rigged to a different item.

Errata

Page 228 Critical Hit Rating - there are symbols here in the text rather than the graphic for an advantage - at least I think that is what it means.

Page 235 section 4 second para line five also same issue

Edited by Mercurycat

Oops, sorry I missed that this was Core Rule Book ONLY, Deleting my post.

Edited by ianinak

Was the 8 Resilience for Hutts ever answered? Need that info for tonight's game. Thanks guys!

The description for the YT-1300 indicates that it only comes standard with a dorsal turret-mounted medium laser but the stats indicate that it has one dorsal turret-mounted medium laser and one ventral turret-mounted medium laser. Which is correct for the basic version of the ship that PCs can start with?

I finally got an answer back regarding this simple issue, here it goes

My Question:

On page 264 of the EotE core rule book, under the description of the YT-1300 light freighter it is stated

"In their factory configuration, a rarity among such

versatile and easily modifiable ships, the YT-1 300 is

relatively well armored and is equipped with a small

but powerful shield generator. It mounts only one

weapon, a medium laser cannon on the dorsal gun

mount, (...)"

So only one weapon, but then on the ship's profile

"Weapons: One Dorsal and One Ventral Turret Mounted Medium Laser Cannon (Fire Arc All; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [Close])."

There are two.

Which is correct? the description or the stats block?

Kind regards,

Yepes

The answer:

Hello sir,

The stats block is correct.
Hope this helps!
Sam Stewart
Senior RPG Producer
Fantasy Flight Games

In almost every case where stat block conflicts with fluff text, FFG seems to favor the stat block.

For logical reason. The YT-1300 is meant for a larger group of players and makes sense to have dorsal and ventral mounted on the ship. This brings in two players that can mount the weapons and shoot. Up to two could pilot and two could assist with emergency repairs.

Makes perfect sense. Keeps the narrative going and the players active.

For logical reason. The YT-1300 is meant for a larger group of players and makes sense to have dorsal and ventral mounted on the ship. This brings in two players that can mount the weapons and shoot. Up to two could pilot and two could assist with emergency repairs.

Makes perfect sense. Keeps the narrative going and the players active.

That's not consistent with the Wayfarer which is made for even bigger groups and yet only has one weapon. Making up things to try to justify why they took one approach over another is still just making stuff up.

The Wayfayer's more of a dedicated cargo vessel, probably meant not so much for larger groups, but for groups that actually intend to haul lots of cargo as part of the campaign... that or are looking for a "mobile command ship" that they plan to add hanger space to in order to have a few starfighters on board.

The YT-1300 is more of an "adventurer's ship" that can give a decent size party (5 PCs) enough stuff for everyone to do (one pilot, one engineer, two gunners, and a fifth person to act as commander) while still being effective in combat and able to be modified as the party feels is necessary. While prior RPGs had the YT-1300 listed with only a single laser cannon, to most folks, the most iconic example of a YT-1300 (the Falcon) had two laser cannons. Could also be that the YT-1300 listed in the corebook isn't a "stock" model but one that's been tweaked a bit to pack a bit more firepower and a bit more speed, as would be suitable for a bunch of spacers trying to make a living the rough fringes of the galaxy.

I've mentioned this to you before, but FFG doesn't seem to feel beholden to what prior RPGs, be it d20 or d6, have done in regards to anything, be it starships or species (Wookiees not having claws for one, which if you think about it never showed up anywhere by the EU, as the film Wookiees were never seen or suggested to have claws). If the folks at LucasFilm say "well, our archives actually say this" and it contradicts a stat block that was published years ago, odds are that FFG's going to go by what the LucasFilm folks say (case in point, the size of the HWK-290 in the X-Wing game). They're going to do their own thing, and prior RPG versions be damned.

The Wayfayer's more of a dedicated cargo vessel, probably meant not so much for larger groups, but for groups that actually intend to haul lots of cargo as part of the campaign... that or are looking for a "mobile command ship" that they plan to add hanger space to in order to have a few starfighters on board.

The YT-1300 is more of an "adventurer's ship" that can give a decent size party (5 PCs) enough stuff for everyone to do (one pilot, one engineer, two gunners, and a fifth person to act as commander) while still being effective in combat and able to be modified as the party feels is necessary. While prior RPGs had the YT-1300 listed with only a single laser cannon, to most folks, the most iconic example of a YT-1300 (the Falcon) had two laser cannons. Could also be that the YT-1300 listed in the corebook isn't a "stock" model but one that's been tweaked a bit to pack a bit more firepower and a bit more speed, as would be suitable for a bunch of spacers trying to make a living the rough fringes of the galaxy.

I've mentioned this to you before, but FFG doesn't seem to feel beholden to what prior RPGs, be it d20 or d6, have done in regards to anything, be it starships or species (Wookiees not having claws for one, which if you think about it never showed up anywhere by the EU, as the film Wookiees were never seen or suggested to have claws). If the folks at LucasFilm say "well, our archives actually say this" and it contradicts a stat block that was published years ago, odds are that FFG's going to go by what the LucasFilm folks say (case in point, the size of the HWK-290 in the X-Wing game). They're going to do their own thing, and prior RPG versions be damned.

It's never hard to come up with reasons to justify a decision, whether the reasons (or the decision) are good or bad.

HappyDaze,

Maybe that's why your various questions to FFG have gone unanswered. If you're requesting/demanding justifications for things instead of asking actual rules questions, then those messages are probably just getting deleted from the system, possibly before they even show up on Sam's inbox.

After all, they're the ones with the license and the material's been approved by LucasFilm, so they really don't have to justify anything to you, me, or anyone else on these forums really. They can simply say "this is how we wrote the stats, and we're sticking to it" and call it day. If that's something that really upsets you, then you can easily vote with your wallet and not purchase any more of their products.

Edited by Donovan Morningfire

May I recommend a separate thread to discuss starship design issues? I have this thread set for email alerts so I can update it with errata-related stuff as needed,

Thanks guys!