Trying to decide which software to use to run an online game. Opinions needed!

By GoblynKing, in WFRP Gamemasters

Looking at the options, Fantasy Grounds 2 seems the most powerful option in terms of features and functionality. Am I wrong?

You are correct. It's also the most expensive option, and requires quite a bit of elbow grease to make work. I'm sticking with Roll20 at the moment since I've already spent the time scanning and uploading my various cards. Up next I'm uploading Condition Cards, and Mutation Cards. I'm only going to upload the Actions and Talents that my players are using currently and will add others as they purchase them.

The next hurdle is figuring out a way to easily place the Party Sheet and it's various tokens (tracking token for the Tension meter, Fortune Points, and socketed Talents) onto the play area quickly and easily.

Is there a way to create a Macro to do this?

I know you can create Macros to roll dice and the like, but is there a way to create a quick Macro that will place certain Tokens grouped together?

Cheers. I already bought it a while ago when I was looking into savage worlds and as I many times do - I got the full package. Tried to register at their site and my e-mail was used - logged in and there is was. So I believe players don't need to buy anything.

True. But it's still $115 I don't have at the moment, which is why I'm sticking with Roll20.

RPTools is freeware and is similar to fantasy grounds.

Here's a screen shot of my Roll20 setup so far.

hlP4bJW.jpg

I still need to scan and upload condition cards, talents, and actions (non-basic, and only the one's my players use), but you get the general idea.

Edited by GoblynKing

That looks great. I love the decks.

That looks great. I love the decks.

Yeah! It works surprisingly well. I'm gonna track basic wounds, stress and fatigue via the built in trackers for each player/npc token.

anFb7jK.jpg

Edited by GoblynKing

What are you using to create your maps?

What are you using to create your maps?

That particular map (of Ubersreik) was created using a combination of Pyromancers Dungeon Painter and Adobe Photoshop for the aged paper look and the Ubersreik compass-rose. The whole thing is based on a large hand drawn map I created some time ago for sessions that take place mostly in town.