Looking for Washington, DC / Maryland players

By Breadroll, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Organized Play

I'm in Jessup, MD (about 50 minutes out from Frederick. Would definitely be down to play some time if anyone in the area gets together.

So I have a better idea of when I will be in the area on a more permanent basis; starting in May. I will admit that in the beginning I will be traveling quite a bit with work - so will be hit or miss - but afterward will be more consistently available.

Does anyone play at Games and Stuff? I play another game on Thursdays so I can't make their normal night, but if anyone plays there on other days I'd love to head over.

So it seems like we actually could get a pretty strong core group together and make our home base in Frederick. What is the next step in starting organizing this?

@ysorpak: I have played at G&S before. Great store, but a little far for me if its not a regional or some other tourney. I do know they have some players there.

Yeah, I am getting pretty excited as well. I look forward to coming out. I may make it out sometime prior to the move; we will need to wait and see.

Beyond Comics is doing a demo on Sunday, January 19th. This will be a great time for anyone who plays in the area to come. It starts at 1:00 pm. The guy who organizes the games said if there was enough interest, they would host monthly tournaments, which would be great if that happened. So everyone show up!

Otherwise, Jetsetter and I have been getting together on Monday nights to play X-wing or Star Wars LCG. We are planning to play the card game this coming Monday night. Anyone who can make it is welcome to send me a message. We usually show up between 5:30 and 6.

ill be there on the 19th. excited to meet everybody! what kind of decks should i bring?

bad news, I now have to cover call tomorrow so I won't be able to make it. Please let the people at Beyond Comic know that I do plan on attending their tournaments if they decide to have them. Hope to meet you all soon

I believe I am going to be able to make it over to Beyond Comics tomorrow to get some playing in. Looking forward to it as I have not yet played, but have a bunch of decks built and just needed somewhere to play. My group isn't really into lcg/ccgs.

Should be fun!

I might be able to make it....will know tomorrow for sure.

Sorry I couldn't make it out for the event. Do let me know if you guys get together to play again; would be happy to drive up sometime.

It was a fun time. Got three games in and was able to learn quite a bit. It was cool meeting folks and I'm certainly looking forward to future events. Already managed to tweak some of my decks based on the games (and fixed my deck that was completely broken because reading the cards is apparently hard, lol).

I think it is a great location and if there is interest seems like the kind of place and the kind of folks that would really support it.

Thanks to them for hosting and hope to get some more gaming in there in the future. Well worth the drive down from Martinsburg.

It was a fun time. Got three games in and was able to learn quite a bit. It was cool meeting folks and I'm certainly looking forward to future events. Already managed to tweak some of my decks based on the games (and fixed my deck that was completely broken because reading the cards is apparently hard, lol).

I think it is a great location and if there is interest seems like the kind of place and the kind of folks that would really support it.

Thanks to them for hosting and hope to get some more gaming in there in the future. Well worth the drive down from Martinsburg.

you live in martinsburg? I Live in Shepherdstown. We could car pool / get some local matches in if you want as well

Anyone up for playing this weekend? I know it's late notice.

Store championship list posted. Which ones are you guys looking at? Anyone interested in a carpool?

Is there one in Silver Spring? The one listed is actually in Austin Texas.

re: Store championships:

I couldn't figure out when any of the tournaments were other than the one for Victory Gaming in Falls Church, anyone have any better luck?

the one in glen burnie is on march 8 at 11 am. I will be going to that one at least. Havent gotten replies from the other ones

I hope to make the event in Glen Burnie. Please post if you hear anything Zacky Midnight!

I do see there is one on March 15th noon-8pm in Arlington, VA.

Will do. I have emails out for 4 of the posted ones. What time and where for Arlington? I'm about 1 hr 45 min from there

Starts at noon at Victory Comics. I've been there before, so let me know if you have any directions questions.

That's quite a drive for me coming from Shepherdstown WV but if I can find a car pool mate I might be down.

Chantilly tourney is at 12 on mar 22

Wish I could get out there guys, but I am not going to make it ... :angry: